GT5 Latest News & Discussion

• Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
You can always try the German rating agency www.usk.de

The game you are looking for goes into "Titelsuche" and then hit the button "Suchen".

Usually there's at least a four week lead before a game hits the stores. Won't say you hear it first on usk.de, bit it does give clues once in a while.

I know this is off topic, but I just wanted to discuss it.
I was watching the gameplay of the Ferrari 458 Italia at the TGS show, and I couldn't help but obsess over the reflections on the car, and the new lighting system that the game uses. Could anyone give me some details on it?

For all of the people getting confused over the track thing I found this on the Playstation website

* More than 950 stunning cars, from family runarounds to growling supercars hot off the production lines of manufacturers such as Ferrari, Lamborghini and Bugatti
* More than 20 gorgeous locations and over 70 track variations to master
* Unrivalled realism and incredibly detailed graphics take you as close to real racing as is humanly possible
* Series favourites GT Mode, Arcade Mode and License Test return, and you can now race in NASCAR and WRC events
* Compete on the world stage in improved online multiplayer modes
* Transfer your garage the PSP version of Gran Turismo and get a head-start over your friends and rivals

Basically it's 20 locations (Countries) and
70 tracks in them countries.
Marry_Me_GT

Ps ~ Those features tell me that this game is going to be a massive hit!

Last edited:
For all of the people getting confused over the track thing I found this on the Playstation website

* More than 950 stunning cars, from family runarounds to growling supercars hot off the production lines of manufacturers such as Ferrari, Lamborghini and Bugatti
* More than 20 gorgeous locations and over 70 track variations to master
* Unrivalled realism and incredibly detailed graphics take you as close to real racing as is humanly possible
* Series favourites GT Mode, Arcade Mode and License Test return, and you can now race in NASCAR and WRC events
* Compete on the world stage in improved online multiplayer modes
* Transfer your garage the PSP version of Gran Turismo and get a head-start over your friends and rivals

Basically it's 20 locations (Countries) and
70 tracks in them countries.
Marry_Me_GT

Ps ~ Those features tell me that this game is going to be a massive hit!

To be honest, this is as clear as mud. It is still unknown how many unique tracks we will see, this text does nothing to help :grumpy:.

Maybe you could add a link to the original next time your quote something from another website, means we can have a look at the original ourselves. 👍

This story is a copy and paste from a sister site Joystiq, who has NO idea how to appreciate GT. I am sorry is driving a car at 100mph supposed to be easy? When it comes to review time you can be sure I will swiftly ignore this site (alone with inside sim racing). Sites like IGN, Gamespot, Virtualr and of course GTplanet are the only places that seem to have ANY remote idea of the purpose of GT.

In other words, we suck, and it took everything we had to keep playing
Like i said ;) (I suck too, not that i´m the best Driver)
And if you've got any tips to help us get our terrible lap times
practice, practice, practice....

so we expect nothing less than earth-shattering graphics, a killer sound track and a virtual driving experience that rivals the best racing games of all time

That is a huge problem. Why did everyone think that GT5 is going to be perfect? Its a Game and no game will be perfect! With 3000 Cars there will be at least one car someone is missing. With skidmarks in GT5 we will complain about missing Birds in the trees...

But nice read, thanks for the Link

Damn guys, whats up with this 3rd generation of the playstation?

STILL NO GRAN TURISMO, 3 years after release! STILL NO GOD OF WAR! 3 years later we finally get Tekken 6 (non exclusive)... No shadow of the collosus is coming... The PS2 was great... I am still waiting for an PS3 explosion... My PS3 was turned off 2 months till we get this GT5D... My PS2 was on all day...

Just wan´t to remember you all :D

Damn guys, whats up with this 3rd generation of the playstation?
I know. Can you believe it. I can barely keep up and don't have enough money to buy it all as fast as I want.
dscn0021z.jpg

God of War Collection is missing from this picture.

Oh, that isn't what you meant?

STILL NO GRAN TURISMO, 3 years after release! STILL NO GOD OF WAR! 3 years later we finally get Tekken 6 (non exclusive)... No shadow of the collosus is coming... The PS2 was great... I am still waiting for an PS3 explosion... My PS3 was turned off 2 months till we get this GT5D... My PS2 was on all day...
You appear to be stuck in the past. There are all kinds of top notch new IPs out like Uncharted and Little Big Planet that are excellent. Seriously, you prefer unimaginative sequel after unimaginative sequel? I love revisiting my old friends as much as the next guy, but it is awesome meeting new characters and going on brand new adventures. When I want to rehash the same people and stories over and over again I turn on my Nintendo.

But if we are sitting in the past: No Shadow of the Colossus coming? Perhaps you haven't heard of The Last Guardian? Games are much bigger now and the really, really good ones take a lot of time. Look at MGS4, it was almost four years after MGS3, same time frame for Fable II. Dead Rising 2 will be almost four years after Dead Rising. But popular games series this generation that have popped out quick sequels have met some minor backlash for being barely more than expansions.

Uncharted 2 should be in any serious gamers games drawer.
I have gotten so far behind it isn't even funny. Adding a 360 to my collection after Thanksgiving isn't helping either now that I am trying to play catch up with Dead Rising, Mass Effect, Halo 3 and Gears of War 1&2, all while enjoying Forza 3. And none of this takes into account the PSN and Live games.

And then there are my PSP games which are now reaching good enough quality to necessitate sitting down to play them instead of just on the go gaming.

I have gotten so far behind it isn't even funny. Adding a 360 to my collection after Thanksgiving isn't helping either now that I am trying to play catch up with Dead Rising, Mass Effect, Halo 3 and Gears of War 1&2, all while enjoying Forza 3. And none of this takes into account the PSN and Live games.

And then there are my PSP games which are now reaching good enough quality to necessitate sitting down to play them instead of just on the go gaming.

What are you going to do when your kid gets here?

You're never going to get caught up.:P

What are you going to do when your kid gets here?

You're never going to get caught up.:P
Why do you think I haven't ever complained about the possibility that the US won't get GT5 until summer?

I imagine that until the baby gets a steady sleep schedule there will be very little gaming time available, but once that stabilizes I should be good since my wife likes to go to bed between 8-9 and I am usually up until midnight.

I originally bought my PS2 just for GT3 but then it kinda snowballed and I ended up with like 20 games over time.

Probably Toyota trial editon demo... i am waiting for gt5 final build demo on 25th february..it includes WRC and nascar my thoughts only.
i counted gt academy demo remaining time. thats the point what i mean.Look for gt academy information on the ps menu. 25th february thursday.just guess

Yes, but many of us are no 'gamers'...
Many of us bought their ps3 especially for Gran Turismo.
Then that is a Polyphony Digital issue, not a PlayStation 3 issue. I bought my PS3 at $600 and for a month had nothing but the free downloadable GTHD. I also have Prologue. It isn't as if my PS3 has been devoid of GT.

I originally bought my PS2 just for GT3 but then it kinda snowballed and I ended up with like 20 games over time.
I was a PC gamer snob until a friend brought his PS1 to visit me at college to let me try this new driving game he found called Gran Turismo. As you can see, it won me over and I have allowed myself to branch out from there.

To be honest, I am glad I did. If we want to discuss long development times, my favorite PC games were Warcraft and Starcraft. Warcraft 3 was disappointing because I am not a big RPG fan and Starcraft has been out for a decade without a sequel. Blizzard pointed me away from PC gaming when they focused too much time on their MMO. Fortunately, I was already on my way out.

Every PS3 owner should at least try Uncharted 2 from the beginning of the game - it's just awesome.
This. If you are going to buy an expensive piece of electronics you would benefit yourself greatly if you at least tried things outside your primary focus. Gran Turismo games have more time consumed than all other games combined for me, but I still make an effort to maximize the usefulness of my consoles.

Sorry, but I bought A ps3 for gran turismo because I'm a car enthusiast,
not because I'm a game enthusiast or whatever you could call it.
I have no interest or time for other games.

Sorry, but I bought A ps3 for gran turismo because I'm a car enthusiast,
not because I'm a game enthusiast or whatever you could call it.
I have no interest or time for other games.
That is fine if you feel that is worth your money, but it is not a fault of the PlayStation 3 that GT5 is not out yet. My intent was to show that the PS3 itself is not the failure it was intended to be made out to be by Sele1981. It is as marketed.

For people like you the wait definitely sucks, and I understand as I didn't buy a PS2 until GT3 came out. I only bought the PS3 as early as I did for its multimedia capabilities.

Latest Posts

Back