GT5 Latest News & Discussion

• Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
Frankly I don't give a damn whether they claim it's 65 or 95 percent complete, as long as they get the game done. ;)

Last edited:
3 years have passed to completion of % 65 rest is small works i think .They already gave release date so they trust themself to complete in 6 months.
I believe next month will be polishing time for GT5. and then bug test time must be short coz they spread away alot demo test demo. Later Amar212 will be playing early March and dig in here a lot info:)
Lets take a look only 2 months left to Granmageddon.
i expect perfection and alot of info in February..
IF Microsoft had GT5 Sony would be doomed with marketing etc..
Forza 3 did a great job in the marketing advertisements. even if Audi R8 and LE sarthle Track lol..
Look these phoenomenal features
NASCAR WRC SuperGT 1000 cars 60 tracks.Weather changes day night cycles.Unbeatable graphics and physics online structure etc... How could it be better?
Sony What are you waiting for marketing? you gonna gain more money and you can level up your developing studios.
I dont care about sony coz sony doesnt care itself

Allways when some troll peaks from the PD cave there is forza X and NFS XXX already out and they think we have to put that some feature in and the iteration cotinues :)

If sony was to ever catch up they would have to put 100 men already working on the next game.

Allways when some troll peaks from the PD cave there is forza X and NFS XXX already out and they think we have to put that some feature in and the iteration cotinues :)

If sony was to ever catch up they would have to put 100 men already working on the next game.

I doubt PD are that dim or even take that much notice really.

no gt5 was about %65 at TGS times. It means GT complete.
Overall GT experience needs %100 complete. Kazu said that.
That is like philosophy

no gt5 was about %65 at TGS times. It means GT complete.
Overall GT experience needs %100 complete. Kazu said that.
That is like philosophy

Exactly. He says to go after the full experience, then GT5 is at 65% *as of TGS*

Obviously we all want to go after the full experience so 65% must have been right.

I just want to know how long 10% takes. If 5ish years on the game and it's only 65%, we aren't going to get the game for another 4 years. But if the remaining 35% is only going to take 6 months, what took the first part so long?

Saying it was 65% was almost useless, because he said they're at 65% at that point. No time reference to how quickly they are working, and when they are scheduled to finish everything up.

The final few months of a development (TGS looks like being about 6 months before release in JPN) are so crucial, and a lot happens. The figures given by Kaz are probably based on targets, it doesn't mean that 65% completed is that the whole game had only 2/3rds the content put together, but as with the damage system, we know they've spent a lot of time on that. Tweaking the variables is vital in getting a good balance and more accurate results, it doesn't take so long, as you are just "polishing" something that is already there.

It is clear that those spanish dudes don't have a steering wheel as they say drifts are easier to control than in prologue.

I have a wheel and I'd agree with them, drifts are easier to control in the TT demo than in Prologue, they arn't easy like in Forza 3, but they're easier to initialte properly and to modulate properly compared to GT5:P. There's much more feel of what is going on, where the tyres grip limit is etc in the limit in the TT demo compared to prologue which is no doubt a big factor in this.

I have a wheel and I'd agree with them, drifts are easier to control in the TT demo than in Prologue, they arn't easy like in Forza 3, but they're easier to initialte properly and to modulate properly compared to GT5:P. There's much more feel of what is going on, where the tyres grip limit is etc in the limit in the TT demo compared to prologue which is no doubt a big factor in this.

This is completely opposite to what anyone who has had any experience with the demo thinks. I agree drifting in the demo is close to impossible.

Really snoopy, I've found that opinion on this is pretty mixed. According to Kaz, the demo (by references he's made of the more recent physics code prior to the demo coming out) should be easier and more natural to judge and thus, control.

Seriousely, do some testing, the grip transitions and limits and the feedback from thoes llimits is far better to read and react to in theTT demo than in GT5:P. If I replicate the settings from the TT demo, I can not hold a drift very well in GT5:P. I can drift pretty much every corner in the GT5 TT demo. It takes concentration to not fluff it and to be as smooth as I can be, but the results as miles better than I can manage in GT5:P. The GT5 TT demo screams improvment to me, and imprvment is not making the cars harder to feel and judge than they were in GT5:P. That saiod, I really enjoyed GT5:P and the physics in that, but I see the TT demo as an improvment in every way I could test.

Back