GT5 Latest News & Discussion

• Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
Better yet, update prologue with the new physics (handling/damage) with Tokyo and Indy added in so we can race on them. Add in a handful of cars to go with it, and I think most would be happy until release.

Well, even if you ignore the obvious delays that would give the GT5 release, which would make such a notion pointless in itself. I understand GT5 code is more developed from the Prologue code to simply migrate the new physics, and damage over.

i think the demo will be released early febuary so it will be right after the gt5 time trial ending date pretty sure it will be either tokyo or spa i would go for tokyo what do you guys think?

Pretty sure that isn't possible.
I wouldn't say it's impossible. We've had physics patches in all three Prologue updates, so it could happen. The entire Time Trial Demo was a little over 200 MB itself, so it's conceivable that the two new tracks and a few cars with a GT5 physics patch and an online system improvement could be done for one gigabyte or so. Heck, I'd just like to see the new tracks in Prologue.

A stand alone demo would be easier to do, but Prologue would offer a wonderful basis for a patch, with all the variety of cars and tracks it would offer, over a one or two track demo with a handful of cars. I hope they can do it.

And it could also boost 'last minute' sales of Prologue. But we all know it's not going to happen anyway.

Hopefully in 2010 they come out guns blazing with info

I wouldn't say it's impossible. We've had physics patches in all three Prologue updates, so it could happen. The entire Time Trial Demo was a little over 200 MB itself, so it's conceivable that the two new tracks and a few cars with a GT5 physics patch and an online system improvement could be done for one gigabyte or so. Heck, I'd just like to see the new tracks in Prologue.

A stand alone demo would be easier to do, but Prologue would offer a wonderful basis for a patch, with all the variety of cars and tracks it would offer, over a one or two track demo with a handful of cars. I hope they can do it.

Pretty sure though that the physics, etc, is a bit more developed than simply just patching Prologue. Technical aspects aside, business wise, it just won't happen.

Besides, haven't people moaned enough at how GTPSP delayed GT5? ;) Considering you could expect to add 4-6 weeks to the GT5 release if you did what we've been describing, if not more.

Pretty sure that isn't possible.

It's possible, but not practical. Prologue is just a large demo, we don't need any more "demo" updates. It's time to let PD focus on GT5, and not worry about a 2 year old "demo".

I know it isn't practical, as i've stated. My point was that I understand that you simply can't take the GT5 physics and patch them over the Prologue physics.

Sorry! I actually don't want any more updates,
I just want GT5 . We can't wait forever.
Let 2010 be the year of Gran Turismo 5.
Happy New Year to all of you !

I'd love to see that happen. 👍
But I think it's a bit greedy to ask for that patch for Prologue to be honest, just releasing the TGS Tokyo demo (with 3 cars, SLS AMG, Ferrari 458 Italia and Toyota FT-86) will be good enough for me. :dopey:

and hey, HAPPY 2010 to all GTPlanet members! :D

we better get this mofo for Super-GT in GT5!
HSV-010GT...

zwhlzq.jpg

Last edited:
Well we know the R10 is in. The 908 is likely. R15 maybe to likely. I do not expect the Acura or Mazda LMP1 cars though. To be honest I rather have the classics like the Merc C11 and the Panoz Esperante GTLM. I would highly suspect the HSV-10 will make it in. KY really likes Japanese motorsports as evident in GT4 huge selection of Japanese race cars.

That is a tall wish. i don't see it happening, but i do at least expect the r15 and the new 908

I don't see how it's a tall wish, especially when you look at the facts.
1) We saw in the last video PD finally got the full Super-GT license, not just teams like past.
2) PD is known to have a good relationship with manufacturers(especially Japanese ones) and has been given access to cars before they were debuted before.(GT-R, RX-8, Furai etc...)

Not saying it's in, just that it's not as unlikely as you may think.

1) We saw in the last video PD finally got the full Super-GT license, not just teams like past.
PD have had the license since GT2 or GT3. Well technically they've only recently got the Super GT license because it's only recently been rebranded as the Super GT. Before that it was the All Japan GT Championship and this was represented in GT2 through the GT300 and GT500 championships, though I'm not totally sure if they had to have the AJGTC lisense to do that or not. But in GT3 and GT4 they had All Japan GT Championships which were licensed. The series was re-branded the Super GT after GT4 was developed so this tecnically si the first time they've had Super Gt licensed, but they have licensed the series at least twice before it became Super GT.

<sarcasm> i think im getting it before EVERYONE ELSE!!!! :dopey: </sarcasm>

That is the date that most US online retailers and many gamer sites have started using in the last couple weeks. Not sure where it originated from.

this is a quote from Kaz about 2-3 years ago on the AI

The most asked question in terms of gameplay for Gran Turismo has been whether or not the cars would support damage. When questioned on this, Yamauchi explained that a damage model is being worked on which heavily involves A.I. He went on to state that GT5 is very different in terms of A.I. in that it's fundamentally linked to car damage.

The A.I. is more aware of the track and the turns in it that can cause damage if cars make overly sharp turns. Therefore, the A.I. has a lesser tendency to fall in line, something which can cause a lot of damage

So, guys....GT5 was supposedly 65% complete at TGS (September 24th 2009). Where do you think it's at now (about 3 months and a week later?)

Back