GT5 Latest News & Discussion

• Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
To be honest I'm starting to doubt that even Sony have a date. I think they're just going to get the game shipped out ASAP, if they had a date there would be no reason for them not to tell us what it is.

I apologise if this has been asked elsewhere...but what is the limit of the length of the randomly generated courses? Though some may find the idea boring, I'd like to just take a car for a long spin on a randomly generated stretch of road and experience the day to night transition and weather effects.

If you mean random track's made by the track creator the total length is 10km /6.2 miles.

I was just talking to a friend in NY and he tells me that they have been running TV ads for the last week and todays paper said in store Tuesday. Sounds like a mistake in the paper but it would be sweet.

They had ads in Target and Toysrus I believe for Nov. 2nd's release, I have seen a commercial at all though. Surpirsed no commercials considering I remember gt4 commercials, maybe they will come the weekend before it releases though.

Well one is a myth and one is real...

Which one is real? You decide!

Pssst the real one is GT5

Last edited:
Found this on flickr also

http://imgur.com/HMaQm.jpg

8U6HN.jpg

Credit to Goldrusher from NeoGAF for cleaning up the image.

It's Trial Mountain but take note of the double digit car count. Previous demo builds have only featured 8 cars on track.

ok guys heres a ultimatum, gt5 launch party ooooor the return of jesus christ?

Well, being as only one is even possible, I'll take the GT5 launch party. Jesus died almost 2000 years ago. Last I knew, it's not possible to come back. Please don't ruin this thread by bringing up conversations about made up people. 👍

Since there isn't much news I thought I would post a few stills from the brief video gamer28 posted the other day, I have some questions....

vhxSo.jpg

1) What car is that? I recognise it, but am having a brain failure.
2) Is this the first time we've seen a race modified R8?
3) Looks like a rally location, but somehow looks familiar, is it from a previous GT game?
4) What is the car at the front there with the triangular headlights?

Thanks

1, Zonda
2, Its from PSP intro and we have seen a shot on GT website showing standard cars.
3, Grand Canyon, PSP intro?
4, BMW GTR Race car.

1.SLR, Pagani Zonda
2.No, it was in GTPSP.
3.Yes, from GT4 and GTPSP, track is: Grand Canyon
4.It has not tirangular headlights, it is the BMW M3 GTR Race Car.
5.All of those stills show the GTPSP intro, it has not really anything to do with GT5. Thx anyway.

Edit: Tree'd

Wow that was quick, thanks! Zonda of course! Didn't realise the rest was stuff from the PSP intro, that's probably where i recognised it from.

Since there isn't much news I thought I would post a few stills from the brief video gamer28 posted the other day, I have some questions....

1) What car is that? I recognise it, but am having a brain failure.
2) Is this the first time we've seen a race modified R8?
3) Looks like a rally location, but somehow looks familiar, is it from a previous GT game?
4) What is the car at the front there with the triangular headlights?

Thanks

This is all from the GT PSP Intro.

1.Pagani Zonda or Mercedes SLR McLaren
2.Audi R8 LMS
3.Grand Canyon from GT4
4.BMW M3 GTR

What's your bet on the release date?

Amazon (France) – December 8, 2010
Argos (UK) – December 4, 2010
Asda (Wal-Mart’s UK subsidiary) – December 3, 2010
Buy.com – November 30, 2010
CD Universe – December 7, 2010
Deep Discount – November 23, 2010
Fnac (Brazil) – December 9, 2010
PC Richard & Son – November 30, 2010
Play-Asia – December 2010
Sony Style – November 30, 2010
ShopTo (UK) – December 3, 2010
SwapGame – November 29, 2010
Tesco (UK) – December 2010
Toys “R” Us – November 30, 2010
Very (UK) – December 3, 2010
Wal-Mart – December 7, 2010
A few of us - 2011

Russian 1-C Interes - 30 November, 2010
Russian Videoigr.net - 30 November, 2010

A bit random a comment, but I always wanted a track day mode on a GT game.

The game places a random selection of cars on the track that just drive round and round with the AI making the slower cars pull over for the faster ones. As you drive round, you encounter slower cars yourself while gaining respect for the flashing headlights of a GT car behind you for example.

A multiplayer track day mode has pretty much been confirmed has it not?

It has, as far as I know even by Kaz himself.
Edit: No not Kaz himself but on the official GT homepage
http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/news/d5297p3.html

People in the lounge can even do free runs around the track before the race begins.

Imagine this: You set a time for a race using the in-game messaging feature, and wait for people to gather while you do free runs around the track. Your friends start to join, with people doing laps to warm up. Once everyone has arrived, it's time to race. Anybody not racing can watch the race live and chat with everyone else there.

Back