GT5 Latest News & Discussion

• Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
I did my first ever Seasonal Event Time Trial.............................. ..........

The other event was for cars with.................... .....................

I was thinking of doing the Drift Trial in the Seasonal Events, but I am not any kind of drifting ace................. ............... ......

WTF? Wrong thread? If not, what made you decide to post that here in NEWS and Discussion about NEWS thread?

-> ...
Does smell a lot like troll****.

Let's not forget, though, that there was that promise made before launch that all cars and circuits from the previous games would be returning in GT5. So far that looks to have only been referring to GT4 / GTPSP as regards the cars, and we're obviously still missing many of the circuits even from GT4. It's possible they abandoned the idea, although (the "quality" of) Trial Mountain, Deep Forest, Côte D'Azure and some others may suggest otherwise.

However, the inclusion of Rome Night and Seattle Short, but not Grindelwald, Pikes Peak, Red Rock Valley, Green Forest Roadway, the Smokey Mountains, Motorsports Land or Tahiti Road (basically, any of the otherwise-exclusive to GT2 tracks) in that list is somewhat suspicious. It's probably not at all trustworthy.
^ I would think that I may come up a better list compared to this Wiki list... :indiff:

As for the whole Wikipedia deal, I think I read that a long time ago about those tracks. Like how I read that GT5 would supposedly have Sepang. Just goes to show you that Wikipedia can be edited by anyone... and anyone can include people just trying to serve up misinformation and hoaxes.

-> I would think KY should stop doing all these extracurricular activities (Nur 24, Goodwood, etc.) and should re-focus on building GT6 instead...

:indiff:

-> I would think KY should stop doing all these extracurricular activities (Nur 24, Goodwood, etc.) and should re-focus on building GT6 instead...

:indiff:

I wish comments like this would stop being made. Sorry, but how in world is what he doing affecting Development? Seems like this comment is repeatidly made by people who then present no basis as to how this happens. Funny enough, these additional ventures he's been on has actually given GT5 some things, like a More proper Nurburgring and four new layouts with it (VLN & 24 Hour race) and tons of new cars (SEMA & Pebble Beach).

True, it would only be a problem if the whole PD team were attending Kaz's races. Do people really believe Kaz makes Gran Turismo all by himself or that production stops if he's not in the office?

BWX
WTF? Wrong thread? If not, what made you decide to post that here in NEWS and Discussion about NEWS thread?
It's not "NEWS and Discussion about NEWS thread". It's news and discussion. As in discussion about the game.
Considering some of the useless threads that don't need to exist, I wish more people would realize that's what this is for.

BWX

Answer to your question: That bolded part right there. Now let him be please.

hey guys,

i really didnt feel like opening a new thread in the steering wheel section for this, so im just gonna ask here. Feel free to PM me the reply :)

Im currently using the Fanatec GT3 RS V2 with club sport pedals, but would like to go back and use my G25 wheel but with the CSP pedals. Will this combo allow me to race in GT5?

Thanks

Chris

BWX

I've always read it to be News & Discussion as two seperate entities.

I think I now just want to comment on the "I wish Kazunori would stop with the extracurricular activities" deal, and then talk about my GT adventures so far.

To me, I see this as a way to get some racing experience as well as better be connected with automobiles. The only way this can be counterproductive is you think Polypony Digital's out-of-studio work is hurting PD in the long run. The way I see it, PD and Kazunori-san are trying to enhance the appeal of their product and themselves to drive their franchise into the future and go above and beyond their competition. So the only way this somehow hurts development is if PD is trying to penny-pinching (or yen-pinching?). I see this more as a chance to connect with the automobile and racing worlds rather than take time away from development to focus on other things. Yes, we love Gran Turismo, but of what importance is releasing a video game of its scopeto the masses? Is development so important that they tune out the outside world and try to complete the next GT (or whatever project is in the works)? Some of you have to calm down if you think valuable time on developing games is being wasted.

Or at least... those are my opinions.

This Saturday will mark about two weeks playing this game. So far, I haven't been disappointed about anything except My Chemical Romance. I even had one of my closest wins ever when I did the Pick-Up Challenge around Daytona. I ended up winning in my Toyota Tacoma X-Runner by a fender. It wasn't enough to net myself that "Within One Hundredth" PSN trophy, but it was a doggone close finish. Closer than most of my kart racing victories in GT5. By the way... this was the first-ever time I raced Daytona in the GT realm because remember, I've NEVER played GT5 Prologue because I didn't have a PS3 then. So it was my first race at either Daytona track in GT5.

The two fastest cars in my collection are the Peugeot 908 HDi FAP (the blue/black one) and the Audi R10 TDI. I needed some expert opinion on which was better, so I turned to my man RACECAR and his YouTube channel for some guidance. I got the Peugeot first because it was cheaper. I actually wanted to save money to get a proper rally car in GT5 until I cleared the Intermediate GT Rally events. So I held off my money to get the Peugeot. Then, I tried to raise money through Seasonal Events to get the Audi R10 TDI. Both are excellent racing machines in the game.

BWX
Hey I'm not the only one that asked... and yeah I still think discussion about NEWS is implied.

It's explicitly stated in the first post, as edited by the moderation staff.

Although I'm sure leeway can be given for marginal topics that probably don't warrant an entire thread, especially given the state of the forum around the time said edit was made.

Like it or not, those "extracurricular activities" are part of Gran Turismo world.
It's a personal hobby, it's passion, it's motivation, it's dedication....and also a way to make money with Nurb/Le Mans/D1GP sponsors.

It's not "NEWS and Discussion about NEWS thread". It's news and discussion. As in discussion about the game.
Considering some of the useless threads that don't need to exist, I wish more people would realize that's what this is for.

Answer to your question: That bolded part right there. Now let him be please.

I've always read it to be News & Discussion as two seperate entities.

As pointed out:

"This thread is intended for news and discussion of news" In the first post. So random long posts about what you did last night are not what this is for. I didn't see that till now, but as I thought.. it was implied, it makes perfect sense.

Maybe someone let JohnBM01 know. 💡 :indiff:

Griffith500
Does smell a lot like troll****.

Let's not forget, though, that there was that promise made before launch that all cars and circuits from the previous games would be returning in GT5. So far that looks to have only been referring to GT4 / GTPSP as regards the cars, and we're obviously still missing many of the circuits even from GT4. It's possible they abandoned the idea, although (the "quality" of) Trial Mountain, Deep Forest, Côte D'Azure and some others may suggest otherwise.

However, the inclusion of Rome Night and Seattle Short, but not Grindelwald, Pikes Peak, Red Rock Valley, Green Forest Roadway, the Smokey Mountains, Motorsports Land or Tahiti Road (basically, any of the otherwise-exclusive to GT2 tracks) in that list is somewhat suspicious. It's probably not at all trustworthy.

Trust me, I know this is trolling, because of that Zamboanga street circuit thing, I don't even knew what is Zamboanga, only after some research. 👍

I know that is wikipedia, but just take a look at the gt5 tracks

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Linkyblinky/List_of_Gran_Turismo_Courses

WTF?!

The list was released when the game was still in production, back at the time people were speculating if all previous tracks would make a comeback in GT5, which is why there are a bazillion different tracks on that list, someone just took the speculation a bit too seriously, so it's hardly even worth mentioning I suppose.

On other hand, there was a Red Bull press release which mentioned the Pikes Peak Hillclimb track, that could be a leak of said track or ( more likely ) a simple mistake.

I am slowly building my own race team in B-Spec.

I HAD two B-Spec racers, but I had to retire one of them. My former second B-Spec racer, Y.Sugimoto (whom I've named Yuji Sugimoto) lost two straight races that he could have easily won. They were his first two races as I tried to give him some experience. This [AI] dope not only spins out in the first corner at Autumn Ring Mini, but stopped on the road to let other cars pass instead of get back on the attack. After two straight 8th Place finishes in the at Autumn Ring Mini, I HAD to retire him.

My new driver, J.George (whom I've named Jeff George), won his first races at Sunday Cup in my Race Modified Nissan Silvia. I then challenged him to take on the FR Challenge at Grand Valley East, and he won that. Two podium finishes at Tsukuba was good for him, but one he just let his guard down and lost on the final lap at Tsukuba. Jeff won at the FR Challenge Trial Mountain stage. Typing this up, I put Jeff in the Yaris Race at Tsukuba, and my mostly unmodified Yaris

Something you have to keep in mind is that if you haven't raced in a certain event in B-Spec yet/A-Spec, but cleared it in A-Spec/B-Spec; try to hold onto that car so you can use it in the other race. I'd only go for a new car, or upgrade the current one, only if you need to. If the car you use worked for you, it may work for your B-Spec racer as well. Overall, I think this B-Spec setup is much better than GT5 because it really seems like you are your own Team Principal or Crew Chief rather than an AI racer taking over in your place.

Besides B-Spec, I've entered into the Professional Series and won the Mini Challenge A-Spec event last night. Being the GT veteran of 10+ years, I'm very sure the races will get much tougher by this point. I already have two proud stallions for when I get to the [sadly abbreviated] Gran Turismo World Championship.

I am slowly building my own race team in B-Spec.

I HAD two B-Spec racers, but I had to retire one of them. My former second B-Spec racer, Y.Sugimoto (whom I've named Yuji Sugimoto) lost two straight races that he could have easily won. They were his first two races as I tried to give him some experience. This [AI] dope not only spins out in the first corner at Autumn Ring Mini, but stopped on the road to let other cars pass instead of get back on the attack. After two straight 8th Place finishes in the at Autumn Ring Mini, I HAD to retire him.

My new driver, J.George (whom I've named Jeff George), won his first races at Sunday Cup in my Race Modified Nissan Silvia. I then challenged him to take on the FR Challenge at Grand Valley East, and he won that. Two podium finishes at Tsukuba was good for him, but one he just let his guard down and lost on the final lap at Tsukuba. Jeff won at the FR Challenge Trial Mountain stage. Typing this up, I put Jeff in the Yaris Race at Tsukuba, and my mostly unmodified Yaris

Something you have to keep in mind is that if you haven't raced in a certain event in B-Spec yet/A-Spec, but cleared it in A-Spec/B-Spec; try to hold onto that car so you can use it in the other race. I'd only go for a new car, or upgrade the current one, only if you need to. If the car you use worked for you, it may work for your B-Spec racer as well. Overall, I think this B-Spec setup is much better than GT5 because it really seems like you are your own Team Principal or Crew Chief rather than an AI racer taking over in your place.

Besides B-Spec, I've entered into the Professional Series and won the Mini Challenge A-Spec event last night. Being the GT veteran of 10+ years, I'm very sure the races will get much tougher by this point. I already have two proud stallions for when I get to the [sadly abbreviated] Gran Turismo World Championship.
Why the hell are you typing this stuff out in the NEWS thread?! Am I missing something here?

BWX
Why the hell are you typing this stuff out in the NEWS thread?! Am I missing something here?
Why? Someone already answered your que... twice no less. Three times the charm?

Why? Someone already answered your que... twice no less. Three times the charm?

No it isn't.. it's news and discussion about NEWS as I pointed out here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5486805#post5486805 in the first post.

Did you read my last post or the first post? Are you going to read it now? Is JohnBM01?

From 1st post AGAIN:
************* A message from the moderating team**************
This thread is intended for news and discussion of news, but it is not intended to be a chat thread.

I already corrected your response. Second time's a charm? (see, that works both ways when you don't read or *apparently comprehend*).

When I get an E-mail update to this thread and expect NEWS or discussion of NEWS and see another long, off-topic post by the same person reporting his personal GT5 play sessions I have to wonder WTF that has to do with news.

I ask and 5 or so people all answer wrong but JohnBM01 can't speak for himself? WTF kind of GTPlanet twilight-zone-thread-posting is that? :scared: Whatever, I've seen you all jump down people's throat for a lot less of a posting infraction, interesting. I just asked what was up with that post.

I'm not countering because I've learned too many times that retaliating only worsens something. My material is mostly basic discussion. That's why I post it here. I post here because it's mostly basic discussion. Maybe the material I post could be posted elsewhere, but I primarily do this with the intent of basically talking about GT5. I am new to GT5, so my stuff here is basic discussion. That's all. Please don't question my integrity.

So that's it- GT5 general discussion from a GT veteran who's fairly new to GT5. Case closed. I don't partake in back-and-forth arguing, so I hope this justifies my posting here to where Moderators or someone have to get involved. And Moderators always win.

It wasn't really an argument. I was just wondering what was up with your out of place post (first one)- then other people started saying all kinds of BS and blah blah blah etc...

I like the posts but they are in the wrong thread, read post #1.

It's not my job to police threads's go nuts and post your personal GT5 stories here in the news thread I guess. ??

Latest Posts

Back