GT5 Latest News & Discussion

• Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
According to a Contributing Editor from SCEF (Sony Computer Entertainment France) GT5 DLC should arrive.

Indeed a player asked him: "Do you have any news on futur DL (downloads) for GT5, they said it will be released for everyone (Japanese,Us & Eu) when the PSN will be restored ?

He answered: "Polyphony has already started with the new updtade, DLC's should follow."

What do you think ?
IDIrT.jpg

It is good idea to have some extra content as DLC and make GOTY edition for retail as well with all updates. I hope they are doing something.

Well, judging by the tone of critics about it, I doubt it will win any award.

And GT5 lost to NFS Hot Pursuit for Best Racing Game last year, so I also highly doubt it will be awarded anything either after that.

trk29
That's pretty sad.

Why? NFSHP had actual innovation in it in the form of Autolog.
GT5 gave you 800 of the same car models from GT4, a Top Gear track without a reasonably priced car or standing starts, and the ability to collect horns.

GT5 gave you 800 of the same car models from GT4, a Top Gear track without a reasonably priced car or standing starts, and the ability to collect horns.

As far as a game that accomplished what it was meant to, NFS:HP did a very good job. It did not have as much content as GT5 but the game as a whole was very solid and pretty fun. Also GOTY is not decided by GTPlanet but by the gaming press which knows as much about sim racing as my mom.:ouch:

I'm not saying NFSHP doesn't have innovation what I am saying is you would expect GT5 to take the crown for the bets racing game we all do or should I say we all did.

Exactly NFSHP was a game produced in a way shorter time with less money and it gets a award over GT5 thats why. GT5 is supposed to be the "Real Driving Simulator" one would think that it might win right?

If both games came out tomorrow on the same day without us knowing anything about each game who would you think would win?

Talking about which one we want to get it is open ended one is arcade and one is simulation there is no right or wrong about who should get it. If NFSHP got it good for them but I WISH GT5 would have gotten it.

It's really weird, these gaming sites talked about GT5 when it came out now its like a ghost, no one ever talks about unless it gets a patch, and then when they publish a article about it, it is short and to the point and not heard of again until the next patch. Its a shame really Gran Turismo deserves a whole lot more but it's not getting it because everyone knows that it should be more.

Last edited:
It's really weird, these gaming sites talked about GT5 when it came out now its like a ghost, no one ever talks about unless it gets a patch, and then when they publish a article about it, it is short and to the point and not heard of again until the next patch. Its a shame really Gran Turismo deserves a whole lot more but it's not getting it because everyone knows that it should be more.

Yes that's true but apart maybe from a select few titles that's mostly always the case with any game, the wait, anticipation, gossip, hype, overhype and eventually the previews and reviews are what's relevant to these sites.
The next big thing is the next big thing and since GT5 is released it became just a big thing for those who bought it, not the next. :)

You know one thing I've noticed about Gran Turismo 5 (remember- I'm fairly new to the GT5 party)? You could basically complete GT5 without having to be tied down to acquiring licenses. One of my PSN friends (whose name I will leave undisclosed) has 500 wins and with a level above 30... and hasn't done a single License Test! Everything, then, just seems more skill and experienced-based rather than having to get licenses. You'd basically need licenses if you're trying to look cool or trying to get PSN Trophies. Then too, you'll need to do all the license tests if you're especially trying to get the Platinum honor.

It's one thing I've noticed playing this game and in seeing stats from other people currently in my PSN circle of friends. I'd say it's a good deal because I know there are loads of people who can't stand doing license tests and feeling forced to do so.

I know that is wikipedia, but just take a look at the gt5 tracks

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Linkyblinky/List_of_Gran_Turismo_Courses

WTF?!

Does smell a lot like troll****.

Let's not forget, though, that there was that promise made before launch that all cars and circuits from the previous games would be returning in GT5. So far that looks to have only been referring to GT4 / GTPSP as regards the cars, and we're obviously still missing many of the circuits even from GT4. It's possible they abandoned the idea, although (the "quality" of) Trial Mountain, Deep Forest, Côte D'Azure and some others may suggest otherwise.

However, the inclusion of Rome Night and Seattle Short, but not Grindelwald, Pikes Peak, Red Rock Valley, Green Forest Roadway, the Smokey Mountains, Motorsports Land or Tahiti Road (basically, any of the otherwise-exclusive to GT2 tracks) in that list is somewhat suspicious. It's probably not at all trustworthy.

Last night, I completed the Rally Gran Turismo events in the Intermediate class. I did so in a proper rally car- the 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Super Rally Car. Some of the stages were about four miles long with plenty of twisty roads. It was tough! I won the Dirt and Snow events easily, but it was the tarmac rallying that got to me. A horrible run on Special Stage 2 of the Toscana tarmac rally (Intermediate) had me down by as much as 12 seconds. So I had to man up and make a serious run to save my rally... and I did. Smoked the competition and nearly made up all of my trailing distance in just one race. I ended up winning. But man... even for generated roads, even for somewhat wide roads, this rally experience is great in GT5! Only the hard-level rally awaits for me now.

Just noticed the F2007's description.

'Raikkonen came out on top of the difficult competition, and acquired first place even though it was his debut year in F1.'

Apart from the six previous years.

'Louis Hamilton and...'

Louis?

Just noticed the F2007's description.

'Raikkonen came out on top of the difficult competition, and acquired first place even though it was his debut year in F1.'

Apart from the six previous years.

'Louis Hamilton and...'

Louis?

Yeah, its already been noticed. Same painfully obvious mistakes can be found for example on the description of the #20 Home Depot Toyota, calling Joey Logano "Logan". Funny enough though, all the descriptions on the Super GT cars are spot on :odd:

The 2011 Pebble Beach Concours D'Elegance is just two months away . Among the featered cars will be a celebration of the Ferrari 250 GTO and it's 50th anniversary . Such a showing would make for a great Gran Turismo Trophy winner . And a great addition to the GT franchise .

Best believe, bigbear. What Ferrari fan wouldn't want a beautiful classic Ferrari like the 250 GTO in Gran Turismo? That would be amazing if it was included in GT5 or in a future GT.

The 2011 Pebble Beach Concours D'Elegance is just two months away . Among the featered cars will be a celebration of the Ferrari 250 GTO and it's 50th anniversary . Such a showing would make for a great Gran Turismo Trophy winner . And a great addition to the GT franchise .

I really hope that they release last year's Abarth by then. I love it!

That said, as much as I adore the 250 GTO, I'd like a non-Italian car to win this year. It's been three Italians in a row.

Also, I'd love to see an older car win. A car from the '30s would be incredible.

I did my first ever Seasonal Event Time Trial. I ran the Rome Circuit (Reverse) event followed by the Circuit de la Sarthe 2009 event. I clocked a 1:26.316 as my best run in my tuned (but not vastly tuned) Renault Clio V6 hatchback. Trouble was... I thought the regulations called for French cars 295 horsepower or less. My Renault goes for 287 ponies, and the Top 10 cars were all GT by Citroen road cars! So my time was good for 20,054th place at the time I did the event! I did not know the GT by Citroen Road Car was within the 295 horsepower cap.

The other event was for cars with 493 horsepower or less. My tuned Dodge Viper SRT-10 is at 493 horsepower. I got Gold, but WAY off. The top ten cars were all Nissan R390 GT1 Road cars! Crazy how this online ranking deal works.

I was thinking of doing the Drift Trial in the Seasonal Events, but I am not any kind of drifting ace. I think the most I got in Sector-based drifting was 9000-something. It was a low 9K point total. I mostly use Eiger Nordwand Short Track and Special Stage Route 5 for my drifting. My two best cars for drifting are my Nissan S15 Silvia (go figure) and my Lotus Evora. I actually have become more confident drifting in a mid-engine car in GT5 than in any game, including Tokyo Xtreme Racer Drift 2. I am still trying to surpass the 10,000 point mark for the first time ever in drifting action in GT5.

I did my first ever Seasonal Event Time Trial. I ran the Rome Circuit (Reverse) event followed by the Circuit de la Sarthe 2009 event. I clocked a 1:26.316 as my best run in my tuned (but not vastly tuned) Renault Clio V6 hatchback. Trouble was... I thought the regulations called for French cars 295 horsepower or less. My Renault goes for 287 ponies, and the Top 10 cars were all GT by Citroen road cars! So my time was good for 20,054th place at the time I did the event! I did not know the GT by Citroen Road Car was within the 295 horsepower cap.

The other event was for cars with 493 horsepower or less. My tuned Dodge Viper SRT-10 is at 493 horsepower. I got Gold, but WAY off. The top ten cars were all Nissan R390 GT1 Road cars! Crazy how this online ranking deal works.

I was thinking of doing the Drift Trial in the Seasonal Events, but I am not any kind of drifting ace. I think the most I got in Sector-based drifting was 9000-something. It was a low 9K point total. I mostly use Eiger Nordwand Short Track and Special Stage Route 5 for my drifting. My two best cars for drifting are my Nissan S15 Silvia (go figure) and my Lotus Evora. I actually have become more confident drifting in a mid-engine car in GT5 than in any game, including Tokyo Xtreme Racer Drift 2. I am still trying to surpass the 10,000 point mark for the first time ever in drifting action in GT5.

This are great News!

Back