GT5 Latest News & Discussion

• Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
I have a question, does anybody know or if it has been confirmed that GT5 has the same thing as GT4 with adding a rear wing & rims to standard road cars. I like that feature, it made a lot of standard cars look better.

I have a question, does anybody know or if it has been confirmed that GT5 has the same thing as GT4 with adding a rear wing & rims to standard road cars. I like that feature, it made a lot of standard cars look better.

Which cars look better with a giant wing in the back?
Yes, the feature is in.

Which cars look better with a giant wing in the back?
Yes, the feature is in.

The Vipers, both the GTS and the SRT in GT4 looked so much better with the wings. It turns the SRT to an almost ACR looking Viper.

We don't know if we will be able to to tune the Standard cars like that.
Btw. I found the Cien with a big spoiler better than the original for example.

That doesn't make sense since the feature, not to mention the question was referring to a feature already in GT4.

Judging by what I've read and heard so far, high beams will be activated by a button, so you can taunt and glare other drivers when racing online, low beams won't be controllable, they'll be turned on at the end of the 'afternoon', so they're present in all cars.

but you cannot change them...and, actually, if the lights of the Bentley weren't on in the video, that would imply that you gots to turn them on yourself.

:)
Hey everyone, this is my first post because i usually lurk; I made a trailer tribute to GT5 and i don't think it deserves a new thread so I'll post it here.

👍👍 Quite well done. Perhaps it should go into the 'Fan-Made' Videos Thread.

👍

I thought it was cool that the driver appeared to be Felipe Massa, ie the helmet (?). That the hands were, although not perfectly in sync, simulating what the wheels were doing. And it appears to be a standard car if not :Pee-ewlog, no back up lights.

Very mature *applause*, not sure as to why this is necessary as I mainly questioned the reason it was posted by the person who posted it.
We can all find reasons as to why, or why we don't, appreciate or draw conclusions from a seemingly random piece of Prologue footage.
Still not sure what he was trying, or if indeed he was trying, to point out.

Confirming something I suspected in prologue:

14m9xjd.jpg

In race cars have lower resolution textures (even when shot in photomode, call it a "race photomode", if you will) than the models in garage and photomode locations. Note I said textures. Try as I might I couldn't find any difference in polygons, they are all there.

Last edited:
These are not low resolution, both have the same res

the left pics are zoomed out a little and the right pic is zoomed in

if you look at the M from "MOOG" in left pic you will still see some aliasing and when zoom in at the left pic the aliasing will be more noticeable.

Last edited:
Confirming something I suspected in prologue:

In race cars have lower resolution textures (even when shot in photomode, call it a "race photomode", if you will) than the models in garage and photomode locations. Note I said textures. Try as I might I couldn't find any difference in polygons, they are all there.
You are right but come on man,the details are amazing!
1j85uc.jpg

I found it surprising that the Nascars had beer ads on them. I thought that was a no-no for E rated games. I thought that's why Nascar Racing 4 replaced all alcohol advertising on all their cars. Interesting.

These are not low resolution, both have the same res

the left pics are zoomed out a little and the right pic is zoomed in

if you look at the M from "MOOG" in left pic you will still see some aliasing and when zoom in at the left pic the aliasing will be more noticeable.

and i really need to know whats this?

http://i32.tinypic.com/346uk5x.jpg[IMG]

can you post the video where you took that pic.[/QUOTE]

Yes the "in race" crops are closer than the "in photomode area" ones but you can still notice that they have lower resolution textures. Pay attention how it's easier to read whats written.

It's not from a video, it's from the 18MP pics posted in the news page.

[quote="wajdi1977, post: 3929385"]You are right but come on man,the details are amazing!
[IMG]http://i30.tinypic.com/1j85uc.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

[quote="Coiler, post: 3929357"]It's nothing special at 18MP. At 1080p it will be just fine .[/QUOTE]

[quote="G.T.Ace, post: 3929368"]This. Just like that you can see a lot of the edges clearer.[/QUOTE]

Hey, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying they look bad or even that they are low resolution textures. Note I said "lower than". Even though it's lower than the ones in photomode it's still pretty high and [URL="http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/5144/nascar2010daleearnhardt.jpg"]will look fairly good in 1080p[/URL].

Still, it's kind of a sad that extreme close ups, like the ones shown in the video posted by Sasuki, won't look so sexy in texture based cars.

Back