GT5 Latest News & Discussion

• Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
From neogaf member:
ptmwJ.jpg

Hey, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying they look bad or even that they are low resolution textures. Note I said "lower than". Even though it's lower than the ones in photomode it's still pretty high and will look fairly good in 1080p.

Still, it's kind of a sad that extreme close ups, like the ones shown in the video posted by Sasuki, won't look so sexy in texture based cars.
Did you think that GT5 would have infinite resolution or something? I'm surprised that you're so surprised. :lol:

GT5 is amazing, but you can't have resolution so small in a videogame that you can see individual specs of dust in the ground.

I found it surprising that the Nascars had beer ads on them. I thought that was a no-no for E rated games. I thought that's why Nascar Racing 4 replaced all alcohol advertising on all their cars. Interesting.

I would guess that's one reason why GT5 is still Rating Pending.

I am not sure about slightly lower texture res :confused: but in photomode I think it will be fine. Regarding the lights I think premium will have high and low beams and standard cars will not have that option it will be normal or standard beams lol

Did you think that GT5 would have infinite resolution or something? I'm surprised that you're so surprised. :lol:

GT5 is amazing, but you can't have resolution so small in a videogame that you can see individual specs of dust in the ground.

I don't recall being surprised, in fact, as I said, it's something I've been suspecting since prologue thanks to the Blitz car.

And I don't know what's up with the defensive attitude around here. I'm not even saying the textures are bad, not even implied as far as I can tell, and people are jumping at me :lol:

I don't recall being surprised, in fact it's something I've been suspecting since prologue thanks to the Blitz car.

And I don't know what's up with the defensive attitude around here. I'm not even saying the textures are bad not even implied as far as I can tell, and people are jumping at me :lol:

Not to mention the fact that you clearly stated you were being sarcastic. I think people need to lighten up a bit. :)

I think it has more to do with the angle that they are of different resolution textures, for example without zooms or anything:

Race:

http://i32.tinypic.com/ofu25f.jpg[IMG]

Garage:

[IMG]http://i29.tinypic.com/2iqfkab.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

The difference is subtle but it's there. Look at the "comp cams" sticker.

[quote="Sasuki, post: 3929430"]@SSJNeBiRoS

[B]Nice find, like i said, they have the same resolution.[/B][/QUOTE]

Hum... nope.

Man, the sponsor list at the back of the GT5 manual is going to be LOOOOONG! I mean, Edelbrock, Comp Cams, JE Pistons, Goodyear Gator Belts, MOOG Chassis parts, Mahle engine parts....the list is going to be endless with the NASCARS.

e7f8l4.png

it's great that extreme close ups, like the ones shown in the video posted by Sasuki, will look so sexy in texture based cars.

and yes its sexy! :P

Last edited:
http://i31.tinypic.com/jkygi1.jpg[IMG]

[B]it's great that extreme close ups, like the ones shown in the video posted by Sasuki, will look so sexy in texture based cars.[/B]

and yes its sexy! :P

...[/QUOTE]

They are both garage shots?

@Dravonic

Flame bait? im having discussion, if someone disagree with you will automatically call it Flame bait? lol why so sensible?

whats wrong with you people?

anyways i edited my last post with the right pic.

@Dravonic

Flame bait? im having discussion, if someone disagree with you will automatically call it Flame bait? lol why so sensible?

anyways i edited my last post with the right pic.

Flame baits all over the place.

Look at the pictures, thankfully the difference is small, I never said otherwise, but it's there.

whats wrong with you people?

Exactly what I'm wondering. From now on I'll make sure I only point out positive things...

Look at the pictures, thankfully the difference is small, I never said otherwise, but it's there.

Exactly what I'm wondering. From now on I'll make sure I only point out positive things...

Honestly D those pics are amazing and from those pics bro all you can write about is how the stickers don't look good or not that bad? Im not saying you have to be on PD stuff and always say positive things, but seems to me you only care about the negatives man.

Honestly D those pics are amazing and from those pics bro all you can write about is how the stickers don't look good? Im not saying you have to be on PD stuff and always say positive things, but seems to me you only care about the negatives man.

Why do you think I found this out? I was drooling over the pics one by one, marveling the best looking cars in any racing game (every single screw is modeled, by the way) when "Oh, the textures here appear to be lower res." *go check the other pic* "Yep, lower res. Hey, I guess I should let people know. I never post any news, I guess I could share this."

What a mistake. Man, what a mistake.

Come on people, quit trying to find haters where there are none. Please.

Why are people pointing out the jpeg compression artifacts?!

Jpeg compression artifacts? I'm in the wrong forum apparently.

Last edited:

Yep unfortunately this somehow happens a lot right now, they were rare until recently but it seems to be the new norm apparantly.
Whatever happened to the saying "play the ball, not the player"?
But maybe this isn't my business to bring up, just noticed this change in attitude which isn't for the better.

Anyway, I thought it was common knowledge that the cars whilst racing appear to be slightly less detailed than when viewed in the garage.
Not that it really matters to me, it's not as if they suddenly appear to be build from LEGO.
And those welding joints in those NASCAR pictures sure impressed me.:)

SSJNeBiRoS, posted pics from the garage and race that are different from your pics, and the texture in his pics are the same.

No one said you only need to post only positive, your trying to put words in my mouth.

I also posted some negative things about the power shifting in GT5, but people were too busy with VS thing and they ignored my post.

this:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=3927953#post3927953

Last edited:
Back