GT5 Master Track List (NOT a wishlist)

• Thread starter CyborgGT
  • 5,199 comments
I would probably not be as sure about any race under 4 hours being a candidate for weather changes as those are considered sprints in the ALMS. It depends on how PD approaches it I guess.

There's that and the fact that every NASCAR race is 3-4 hours in real life.

Don't have to add Daytona & Indy 500's. They stop when it rains :-P

Spa & Monza have enduro's (Spa about 99% confirmed)

1% chance Bathurst 1000...

NASCAR doesn't race in the rain, but the Rolex 24 hour race is a Grand-Am event at Daytona that uses prototype & production cars different series.
I have been going there for years, & seems every year it rains. They will race rain or shine. :)

NASCAR doesn't race in the rain, but the Rolex 24 hour race is a Grand-Am event at Daytona that uses prototype & production cars different series.
I have been going there for years, & seems every year it rains. They will race rain or shine. :)

[YOUTUBEHD]d5fQtp2bel0[/YOUTUBEHD]

:)

Yes, with the exception of road courses that are few, but if it rains at Daytona or other ovals, NASCAR won't. This is one of NASCARS achilles heel, since it's televised nationwide, we see this numerous times a year. :)

I hoping for the 24H Spa-Francorchamps.💡

If GT4's endurance events carry over into GT5, the following tracks are good candidates for weather / day night cycles.

1 Grand Valley 300km (60 laps)
2 Laguna Seca 200 miles (90 laps)
3 Roadster 4 hours endurance (4 hours at Tsukuba)
4 Tokyo R246 300km (60 laps)
5 Super Speedway 150 miles (100 laps at Motegi)
6 Nürburgring 24 hours endurance (24 hours)
7 Nürburgring 4 hours endurance (4 hours)
8 Suzuka 1000km (172 laps)
9 Motegi 8 hours endurance (8 hours)
10 Tsukuba 9 hours endurance (9 hours)
11 Sarthe Circuit 24 hours I (24 hours)
12 Sarthe Circuit 24 hours II (24 hours)
13 Fuji 1000km (228 laps)
14 Infineon World Sport Car Race (2 hours 45 minutes)
15 El Capitan 200 miles (66 laps)
16 New York Streets 200 miles (76 laps)

I think only tracks that have weather/day-night options will be available for endurance races.

I hoping for the 24H Spa-Francorchamps.💡

If Spa-Francorchamps is in, I hope for the '60s 14.1 Km layout as well. Although some have changed a bit, the streets that made it still exist, so it wouldn't be too hard for Polyphony Digital to trace them:

spa60.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, with the exception of road courses that are few, but if it rains at Daytona or other ovals, NASCAR won't. This is one of NASCARS achilles heel, since it's televised nationwide, we see this numerous times a year. :)

Of course they won't. Who says we can't attempt to do so ourselves? :)

Of course they won't. Who says we can't attempt to do so ourselves? :)

My initial comment was referring to another post specifically about Daytona, racing in the rain, my bad, should have made that more clear.
Wasn't meaning to go off into general discussion of NASCAR & the rain. But yes, I don't expect any red flags in the game. :)

The main reason NASCAR doesn't race in the rain is safety, of course.

Flat-out 200mph on a slick, high banked track is just asking for full out carnage. However, on the road courses, where the track shape naturally keeps speeds down, I could see us taking NASCAR to wet weather.

@ the video above, that technically is a Grand National race. NASCAR, yes, but not the Cup Series that's typically associated with the term "NASCAR."

Moving on, though, there's been plenty of "publicity stunts" regarding NASCAR in city courses. There was a spontaneous pit stop by Vicker's team in Manhattan(?), and just recently, Scott Speed took his car around Chicago as a taxi. Not to mention their standard parade around the local city for the Champion's Banquet. Taking a Cup car to a street circuit would be enjoyable.

Personally? I say yes.

Some have been "remade" for GT5. But those tracks are upgrades from previous versions of GT. a.k.a "standard tracks"

Just like the cars.

IMHO

Last edited:
The can be "standard tracks" if PolyphonyDigital wants to, at least we can cruise'm! ;-)

Hopefully PD adds more road irregularities to the old, flat GT courses!

So let's see, what tracks do we have here? I can identify:

- Grand Valley Speedway (1:18)
- New York (1:10)
- Grand Canyon (1:12)
- Citta di Aria (1:23)
- Côte d'Azur (1:27)
- ??? (1:30)
- ??? (1:33 ff.)

I think all that tracks will be in the game, like the most stuff GT4 contained.

I was at Best Buy yesterday (checking out the demo of GT5) and I was walking past some of the Sony TV's on display. There was a Sony 'Make Believe' demo video looping on the TV's. From what I can recall, it featured footage from a concert, another from some sort of animated movie and a brief sequence of what appeared to be GT5 clips. I could make out Nurburgring and Fuji in there, but what caught my eye was a scene from Grand Canyon. Although brief, it was a sequence around the start/finish line and I could clearly see the Grand Canyon rally sign. It seemed be rich in HD detail (not just 'upscaled') but like I said, it was rather brief and quick.

I know without any hard proof my claim doesn't really mean much, but maybe next time someone is at Best Buy they could verify this with photo / video and report back here?

Edit: I'm hoping to get down there again this weekend and record it, but if anyone else wants to do it sooner, go ahead!

Last edited:
To the best of my recollection, the Vision Gran Turismo trailer, was initially a preview for a full game called Gran Turismo HD, not to be confused with the demo. It was essentially GT4 running under a new rendering engine. PD canceled the project & put their efforts toward Prologue & GT5. :)

To the best of my recollection, the Vision Gran Turismo trailer, was initially a preview for a full game called Gran Turismo HD, not to be confused with the demo. It was essentially GT4 running under a new rendering engine. PD canceled the project & put their efforts toward Prologue & GT5. :)

and now it's in gt5 as standard stuffs.

Can't you just go back there if it isn't too far away and make a video of it? Would be very interesting.

Yes, it is a little bit out of the way. But I'll see if I can make it down there later this week and report back with some footage.

In the meantime, I haven't been able to pull up the video online anywhere. It must be an in-store thing only.

Anyone know when the OFFICIAL carlist is going to be anounced.......or do we have to wait to pop the game in to see whats up?

Could you not have posted this in the General thread instead of here in the tracklist thread?

Like with the standard cars, the tracks won't be just straight ports. They will graphically be altered to come up to GT5 level. Unlike cars, its not a massive task as the frame work is already set out. Just requires some graphical artists going to work for a couple of months.

Air Brushing if you will.

Effectively GTHD turned into Prologue. People don't realize that Prologue was just an updated GT4 engine in HD.

Effectively GTHD turned into Prologue. People don't realize that Prologue was just an updated GT4 engine in HD.

Except it wasn't. Kaz specifically stated that they threw away the GT4 code and started completely anew for GT5P. The graphical assets used in the GTHD demo (only the demo and not the cancelled game), were carried over since they were completely new as well (Eiger and the 8-10 cars from the demo). GT5P and GT4 share no relation in regards to their engines.

Back