GT5 Online 'Drag Races'

• Thread starter EssOneFive
  • 44 comments
Just ANY DRAG STRIP (or bringing back Test Course) would make things SOOOO MUCH EASIER!!

Agreed. The draggers, drifters, and racers all need their own places to go. It's a big pain to go into or make a free run room to do set up and laps but have to dodge 1000 cars sliding across the road or traveling the wrong way at high speed.

If the host allows it fair game, but it seems like a lot of people assume free run = do whatever you want. I almost always get a drifter in my track day rooms, though most are nice enough to leave when I explain.

Drag racing can be fun.. Seriously... Tried it a couple of times... Wouldn't mind if they implemented drag racing in GT5..

I've had the most fun ever in this game when drag racing online. There is no better, more rewarding feeling than meeting with a bunch of like minded guys online, and drag racing a random car out of the 1000 there are.

It's even funner when they are "themed" or "restricted" such as Honda only, muscle cars only, FWD only, V-8's only, and stuff like that.

Yes, off the line physics aren't 100%, but it's still fun. (All out, smoking the tires launch is always the fastest)

Drag racing is fine in this game. It's pretty much the equivalent of casual street drag racing on a track (lol). All we need is restrictions and I'd be happy.👍

I've had the most fun ever in this game when drag racing online. There is no better, more rewarding feeling than meeting with a bunch of like minded guys online, and drag racing a random car out of the 1000 there are.

It's even funner when they are "themed" or "restricted" such as Honda only, muscle cars only, FWD only, V-8's only, and stuff like that.

Yes, off the line physics aren't 100%, but it's still fun. (All out, smoking the tires launch is always the fastest)

Drag racing is fine in this game. It's pretty much the equivalent of casual street drag racing on a track (lol). All we need is restrictions and I'd be happy.👍

Exactly what I am saying. You can join a room and get right in the action. I love dragging so much that I am organizing some dragging events with prizes :D I think it might catch on...

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=212341

How do you determine the winner??

First one to hit the wall???? hahaha

At Indy there is a "Banner" that stretches across the road. The shadow it casts is the "Finish Line". Ingenious, aren't we? :lol:

But it is usually easy to tell.

for me drag racing is absolute boring and has nothing to do with "racing"

yeahh i can drive straightline !! 👎
Hmm, it depends. You need all skills and knowledge about physics to make a drag car. Specially in this game. Compare a tuned, but untweaked car with a tuned car tweaked for drag racing, and you will see a big differance.

Hmm, it depends. You need all skills and knowledge about physics to make a drag car. Specially in this game. Compare a tuned, but untweaked car with a tuned car tweaked for drag racing, and you will see a big differance.

My tuned Quattro can beat a Stock Gayron by 2 car lengths at Indy :D

You seem to get alot of Honda only drag rooms... I ocasionally like to smash them with my Volvo C30 or Clio V6 if they get a little too cocky ;)

Back