GT6 Easter Eggs and interesting finds

• Thread starter Roflwaffle
  • 1,280 comments
I just noticed the other day that your racing gear in arcade mode doesn't match what you would wear in all the other modes.

I got one I just noticed, the CPUs car that can have the racing number option (e.g and TC car from GT5, Karts or base model) is always the position they start in

I got one I just noticed, the CPUs car that can have the racing number option (e.g and TC car from GT5, Karts or base model) is always the position they start in
Pretty sure this doesn't apply on karts, I once saw the same number I use (17, and you can't have more than 16 cars in a race) on another kart during the same race.

Kart races and arcade are the exceptions, but if you come across a number-changeable opponent in "A-Spec", it'll fit just about anywhere else. Example: Apricot Hill 20 minutes. There's likely to be a few of them there.

Kart races and arcade are the exceptions, but if you come across a number-changeable opponent in "A-Spec", it'll fit just about anywhere else. Example: Apricot Hill 20 minutes. There's likely to be a few of them there.
redbull cars are numbered by starting position too.

Pretty sure this doesn't apply on karts, I once saw the same number I use (17, and you can't have more than 16 cars in a race) on another kart during the same race.
It must of been in one of the new updates then as I did one yesterday and the were all numbered from where they started from

If you've found any good Easter eggs in the game, then make sure to post it here! I will compile a list of the best Easter eggs here in the OP:

1. X,Y,square and triangle symbols in the Mercedes VGT.
2. Random stripes on standard MX-5's.
3. Lochness monster and monkey on Trial mountain.
4. Orient watch next to rear view monitor of BRZ GT300

#1 - Yes, an Easter Egg. Not necessary to the game, but a quirky 'Hi' from the developers.
#2 - Bit of a yoke, right?
#3 - Nessie and Grease were hatched quite some time before GT6.
#4 - Anomalous, unnecessary to the game, and if put aside as advertising, then the connection between the car and the watchmaker high-lit in this way to be noticed only by the detail-eyed makes it an Easter Egg, though borderline. These things are more suited for a 'Unusual things in GT6' type of thread.

The classic Easter Egg in Gran Turismo is Grease the Monkey at Trial Mountain. The sudden appearance of a cat by the name of Jenkins makes that pussy a benchmark Easter Egg in Gran Turismo. Sudden, serendipitous, and completely unrelated-to-game or app phenomena is what makes an Easter Egg an Easter Egg. Considered to be one of the all time great Easter Eggs in Mac was the fact that you could drag the words 'secret about box' from any drag-and-drop aware application onto the desktop and a picture of the Apple campus would appear with a flag waving in the background. To add to a user's consternation moving the mouse changed the direction of the wind blowing the flag. Completely unnecessary, and basically a 'Hi!' from the developers. :)

I guess you must be still sorting through everything in here before you compile that list. ;) Good Luck! 👍

If you drive the Auto Union Streamline into the Laguna Seca pit, it gets stuck because it's too big. I made a crappy video a while back...

It's more of a bug than an Easter egg, but it is what it is.

Also, nearly all of the women sitting in the bleachers at Goodwood are modeled to look like they're bored to death.

If you drive the Auto Union Streamline into the Laguna Seca pit, it gets stuck because it's too big. I made a crappy video a while back...

Also, nearly all of the women sitting in the bleachers at Goodwood are modeled to look like they're bored to death.

Lol.

A truck turns better than that car.

This is related to the "Where are the original tracks located" debate. In this thread I outlined my evidence for the location of Cape Ring (tl;dr: Cape Sata in Japan), so then I turned to Apricot Hill.

I originally thought it must be somewhere in the United States, because all of the signage is in English, and then there's this behind the pit area

I'm unable to find any English speaking country outside the U.S. that spells "Center" that way. Australia, NZ, South Africa, Canada and India all use "Centre".

But then I found this fire extinguisher box behind a guardrail

So...I don't know.

Since no one else posted them, here are the Apricot Hill turtles

And what about the Tank Car?

Ha! Completely forgot about that thing. That definitely would not fit...Though I think a big part of the problem with the Auto Union is its absolutely horrendous turning radius won't allow it to turn the sharp corner.
at least its realistic. that thing probably couldn't turn very well in real life.

Back