GT6 @ gamecom 2013

• Thread starter gNNY
  • 306 comments
Yea, wouldn't 100km x 100km mean that would be even larger than GTA IV's total map size? It's insane. One hundred square km seems a lot more likely.

So wouldn't that be an area of about 6 miles x 6 miles (edit - I had 7 before, but then I used a calculator :D)? Ugh, I hope my math skills haven't gone down the drain.

That's still awesome. It doesn't change anything from where I'm standing. If it were as big as 100km x 100km, I think we would be trying to fathom how it would be possible to have more than Andalucia as a "Course Maker" location.

Last edited:
Thanks for these additional details, Andreas.

Do you think he could have actually been referring to 100 square km? I don't know how that would translate from Japanese, but it would make sense how Translator-san possibly misspoke there. That would be a much more reasonable and realistic size.

So 100 sq km=10km x 10km

That's still pretty big though

Thanks for these additional details, Andreas.

Do you think he could have actually been referring to 100 square km? I don't know how that would translate from Japanese, but it would make sense how Translator-san possibly misspoke there. That would be a much more reasonable and realistic size.

That still seems like a lot though...

Of course 100m by 100m makes no sense at all, unless we're talking a small kart track. So that can't be right. 1000m by 1000m is more reasonable -- definitely not huge but a decent size that I could see being what we get. As a reference, just remember how long it takes to go from 0 to 1000m on SSRX.

10km by 10km though... That would be fantastic, but it sounds a little too good to be true. That's a lot of area to play with.

Last edited:
If I may ask, could you please update your original post with links to your comments? That'll save us some time 👍. And big thanks for being so helpful to the GTP community!

100 square km!? Now I'm really hyped to create tracks there. 👍 That's honestly pure epicness. I love creating tracks thanks to MNR, and will be doing the same in GT6 100%.

I'm guessing the movie and GT7 (or some other name) on PS4, will release at the same time. Perhaps a discount coupon for tickets in the game case.

How big is the Nurburgring in Sq Km? Or LeMans in Sq Km?

Well, we know this-
The longest straight on Nord is 1.33 miles. If you rotate the layout so it looks like this-

Circuit_N%C3%BCrburgring-Nordschleife.png

Top to bottom is just barely over 4 miles on a straight plane(i'm using a ruler) and side-to-side is about 2 3/4 miles. 2.75x4.02= 11 square miles, or 17.68 square KM
note- didn't count the GP/D at bottom right.

If I counted right...

Well, we know this-
The longest straight on Nord is 1.33 miles. If you rotate the layout so it looks like this-

Top to bottom is just barely over 4 miles on a straight plane(i'm using a ruler) and side-to-side is about 2 3/4 miles. 2.75x4.02= 11 square miles, or 17.68 square KM
note- didn't count the GP/D at bottom right.

If I counted right...
So assuming your calculations are correct, and we have an area of 100square km, we could make a track MUCH bigger than Nurb?

So assuming your calculations are correct, and we have an area of 100square km, we could make a track MUCH bigger than Nurb?
im converting to miles because its easiler to me

100 sq km(10km x 10km) = 38.61 sq miles, which would be 6.2 miles tall and 6.2 miles wide.

OK, You could make a 3:2 scale of the Nurburgring and still make it a little wider.(with 100 sq km/ 38 sq mi) But there is sooo much open space in the middle, you could keep the original track and then put Daytona in it... twice.

Last edited:
More like Nurb and Le Mans..... Twice each...... with enough room to fit in both Indy and Daytona.

Translator-san must've got it wrong then. That's just unbelievable, mind-boggling HUGE. For comparison, how big is a Grand Theft Auto city?

OK, edited my post.

Think of it like this- You can create a track much, much bigger than Nurb with much less room because the Nurburgring doesn't really get close to itself, if that makes sense. It seems like it is centered around a circle , reducing the overall effiencency of the space provided. where as a track like the Complex String utilizes the small land it was given, and goes near its own turns very, very often.

I tried to make the above as easy to understand as I think I could...

Nürburgring is roughly 16.626 sqkm (the inner part of the circuit of both GP and Nordschleife)

1234016_591516540901053_333259393_n.jpg

I'm doing Le Mans right now

OK, edited my post.

Think of it like this- You can create a track much, much bigger than Nurb with much less room because the Nurburgring doesn't really get close to itself, if that makes sense. It seems like it is centered around a circle , reducing the overall effiencency of the space provided. where as a trach like the Complex String utilizes the small land it was given, and goes near its own turns very, very often.

Yeah, I get what you mean. So we might be able to make mind-bogglingly massive tracks...

I checked the audio and here's what was said:

Now of course I don't know if something got lost in translation there but that's what Translator-San said.

Can you hear Kaz's answer in Japanese on the audio? I'd be happy to have a listen and confirm whether it's a mistranslation or not. I mean, even the best interpreters have the odd miss now and then, and 100km x 100km just seems...enormous.

If I remember correctly, the largest GTA map was probably San Andreas, which took about 20 minutes to get from one side of the map (Lets say very most north) to the other side (Very most south) by car.

Can you hear Kaz's answer in Japanese on the audio? I'd be happy to have a listen and confirm whether it's a mistranslation or not. I mean, even the best interpreters have the odd miss now and then, and 100km x 100km just seems...enormous.

that would be 10,000 square KM... which is bigger than the entire state of Delaware and Rhode Island combined.

Which means you could theoretically make a track like... 6837386 KM long
OK not really, but... you get it

that would be 10,000 square KM... which is bigger than the entire state of Delaware and Rhode Island combined.

Which means you could theoretically make a track like... 6837386 KM long
OK not really, but... you get it
Couldn't you actually make the BAJA 1000 course in full if that's the case :crazy:

In the 1950's I remember reading of there being this huge Mexican road race that was over 2,000 miles long from point A to point B, which took like a week to complete with quite a few people dying.
With 100 X 100, that course is possible.
Yeah, I wouldn't bet on 100 X 100 being right. Personally I just want a course maker that adds banking to turns and makes ovals easier to make.

Couldn't you actually make the BAJA 1000 course in full if that's the case :crazy:

Well lets say you have a perfect 10,000 sq km, 100 km long and 100 km wide.

You make a straight going from 1 end to the other, say...50 meters wide(or .05 KM wide) and make a quick, 180 degree turn and a straight that goes allll the way back, does another 180 degree turn... over and over and over.......

2000 times.

That track would be 200,000 KM long for just 1 lap.

BUUUUUTTT Nobody is ever ever ever ever going to make a track that boring and utilize literally every square inch of land.

edit- if you used every square centimeter of a 100 sq km track, using the same porportions above...
10 km straight, quick 180 turn at .05 km wide, repeatedly, you could have a 2,000 KM long lap.

Last edited:
Well lets say you have a perfect 10,000 sq km, 100 km long and 100 km wide.

You make a straight going from 1 end to the other, say...50 meters wide(or .05 KM wide) and make a quick, 180 degree turn and a straight that goes allll the way back, does another 180 degree turn... over and over and over.......

2000 times.

That track would be 200,000 KM long for just 1 lap.

BUUUUUTTT Nobody is ever ever ever ever going to make a track that boring and utilize literally every square inch of land.
Holly mother of a cow, that is insanely big. :eek:

If the GPS feature can be used to make rough track map, with such huge size limit, I can drive around the suburb for an hour, then go to the next town, go around some more, and I will still have lots of room to spare :crazy: Maybe I can go on a holiday trip and record them into the course maker :)

Back