GT6 Home for Android

• Thread starter TheRedStig
  • 79 comments
Hey mate, the best thing for me was thenewboston series on YouTube. I read two books before that but better learned the stuff on YouTube cause I could see it in action.

It's been 2 plus years and honestly I'm not a pro, I'll be lucky if I make $5/hr on the time I spent building this app but....

It's been a ton of fun, and I took probably a 6 month break in that 2 years. If you have any programming experience you'll learn much quicker I did. I'm always glad help where I can.

If you have a great idea for an app then pursue it, I'm still hoping I make it.
Cool will have to give thenewboston series a try then. I actually have 0 programing knowledge. Will be starting from scratch ;)

Hey guys I added a Feedback Feature that you can use to send me stuff through the app if you can't hop on here.

New Version rolling out now. Android 2.3 can now download it but will have some sections crash, this is only temporary till I get the time to change some internal code but I wanted more people to have the chance to use what they could till then. The News section, car list, maybe track info, should be the only sections effected.

HTC One X: Main menu dials are oval in shape, not round. Also what each dial does is not immediately obvious.
Base Tune Generator: Not exactly a generator, more a set of guidelines.

Track guide would have been more useful if it included maps of the tracks.

Clean up the GUI.

IMHO, looks tacky and resolution is low(on arrows that i can see)

HTC One X: Main menu dials are oval in shape, not round. Also what each dial does is not immediately obvious.
Base Tune Generator: Not exactly a generator, more a set of guidelines.

Track guide would have been more useful if it included maps of the tracks.

Hey guys, thanks for trying it out. If you don't mind check out the update when you get it. It'll clean up the oval dials. In terms of resolution I haven't been able to get tablet versions finished however if you're using a phone there's something more going on I haven't heard about till now.

Yes the tune generator is kind of a guideline. I found that, at least with the majority of FWD cars, making it more complex wasn't really going to make you any faster. To be honest I am building it for the average player who just wants a leg up, I think it gives you that.

Track maps could happen. Not high on the priority list but it's there .

Sincerely Thankyou for checking it out. I do appreciate it and constructive criticism is always good to hear.

Great app.

But I miss a zoom function, some of the tekst are small and difficult to read on my Samsung galaxy s3

Thanks mate, someone else mentioned that so I'm working on it this weekend. All the browser pages should be able to zoom via double tap and pinch to zoom.

Honestly I appreciate the encouragement. Bit of a frustrating bug in the pro version right now I'm trying to sort. Good pick me up.

Thanks

What are the difference between the Lite version and the Pro version?

I have the Lite version...

Pro version adds

Copy/paste to tune saving
All the premium wallpapers
Sort tunes by PP, Lap time, Drift score, and 1/4 mile time.
Request a tune feature (24-48hr response time)
I'm building up the tune generator and the pro version will have a more detailed version of that as well.

Thank you. Wish I had the time to learn ios. Someday maybe.
The bad thing of iOS programming is that requires a Mac computer, and not everybody has one. Since I have a Mac, I was curious about it and I learnt something about it, but just the basic stuff, I'm not a programmer :) I just know the basics of HTML and CSS.

The bad thing of iOS programming is that requires a Mac computer, and not everybody has one. Since I have a Mac, I was curious about it and I learnt something about it, but just the basic stuff, I'm not a programmer :) I just know the basics of HTML and CSS.
The other downside of ios programming is having to pay apple $99 a year just for the sdk licence.

Can not play movies in full screen. And if you change the screen from upright two sideway or vica versa, while playing a video it goes to the start menu. And the youtude video will continue playing, or at least the sound is still there. In the start menu...

I have a Samsung Galaxy s3, and Android-version 4.3.

This app is going to be great. When it gets done, and you have fixed the errors.

Can not play movies in full screen. And if you change the screen from upright two sideway or vica versa, while playing a video it goes to the start menu. And the youtude video will continue playing, or at least the sound is still there. In the start menu...

This app is going to be great. When it gets done, and you have fixed the errors.

Hey good bug find. Thank you! Is that within any browser window? The news section? Links? Tuning garages? Sorry for the trouble. I'll look into it right now.

Thanks to our sponsor, GT6 Home for Android, for making video creation possible. Big thanks to @TheRedStig!

pic.PNG

(YouTube channel in signature.)

How are the work on the app, any progress? I'm waiting for base tunes. Have found them very useful on the FF cars.
Maybe you should quit your job, so that you get more time to develop the app:P

How are the work on the app, any progress? I'm waiting for base tunes. Have found them very useful on the FF cars.
Maybe you should quit your job, so that you get more time to develop the app:P

Hey bro, I would if i could!

Lots of progress. The base tune thing has been revamped and I'm trying to finish the FWD part of it. Also fixed the youtube bugs. New NEWS page coming as well to add functionality to those with Android 2.3. Plan on seeing an update tonight or tomorrow. I'll post the direct download link as well when it goes live and post another message here too.

I just upgraded to the full version. Like the app and going to use it, so why not pay for it. So that you can quit day job and use all your time developing the app.

But what about nice wallpapers with the GT logo.

I just upgraded to the full version. Like the app and going to use it, so why not pay for it. So that you can quit day job and use all your time developing the app.

But what about nice wallpapers with the GT logo.

Hey. Thank you very much. I sincerely appreciate it. That's a great idea.

Hey there, This is fixed in the Update. Go ahead and grab it from the 3rd post here. Also I'm going to start releasing Nightly Builds each day or other day when I finish that night. You'll also find that folder next to the direct download.

Also the Small text is gone, replaced with bigger text in much more in depth tunes.

Latest Posts

Back