GT6 vs. IRL

• Thread starter tinram
  • 61 comments
WliNzfV.jpg

Great job guys. Keep them coming.

I´m playing other games lately (mostly rFactor 2 and FSX on PC) that´s why I am not updating this or giving it some life...hope more people keep adding more "replicates". 👍

PS: I will do some maybe this week...I need to play some more GT.

Original:

miami-vice-car-b2.jpg

GT6:

Have always intended to re-create this particular shot that features in a number of episodes of one of the most influential shows of the 1980's. Fans however, will remember it forever as part of the iconic sequence from the Pilot episode, with a pensive Don Johnson driving his Ferrari Daytona down the streets of Miami at night, to Phil Collin's "In the Air Tonight". Enjoy :)

@Yui-san the Ferrari one is spot on.. and your shot looks realer than the real one.. heh?!

Thanks! I guess those photoshopped reflections helped :D

I think that's because racing games tend to over-exaggerate the reflections of the car. You end up with the game looking more appealing than real-life.

True, but as you can see in my Ferrari shot, I actually copied over the very same reflections of the real photo onto the game photo.

True, but as you can see in my Ferrari shot, I actually copied over the very same reflections of the real photo onto the game photo.

Ah, It was photo-shopped. Still looks impressive, even though a little exaggerated.

But the over exaggeration thing is a bit of a problem. I'm not gonna get off-topic on this, but have you ever seen Project CARS? Looks great but pretty over exaggerated. Doesn't look very natural anymore. Just my opinion though.

I'm glad Kaz goes for the photo-realism approach. The graphics look more natural,

Back