GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 31,388 comments
So all that time when gr4 was effectively broken with the mazda was intentional and approved.
Cool, cool..
Cool, cool, cool…
The car got 60 hp more and people were already in the lower 14 at spa. Mazda was op, and they definitely took their time to fix it, but this was on another level.

The car got 60 hp more and people were already in the lower 14 at spa. Mazda was op, and they definitely took their time to fix it, but this was on another level.
Im ok with the fix its more how long they let gr4 languish with the mazda. I can’t be the only person who pretty much stopped racing gr4 until it was nerfed.

Personally bop should relatively reflect imsa/wec. I’d care less about having the current car’s if the bop reflects present day race performance.

Im ok with the fix its more how long they let gr4 languish with the mazda. I can’t be the only person who pretty much stopped racing gr4 until it was nerfed.

Personally bop should relatively reflect imsa/wec. I’d care less about having the current car’s if the bop reflects present day race performance.
The car was actually fun to drive, but it got boring seeing it be the best car in almost every track.

I've said it before, if the car is so op, just remove it from the eligible cars every other week until you balance it. Let people use it, but let other people use other cars and still be competitive.

The CLK is another major ofender. Everytime there's a gr2 race where that car excels, you don't see any other car.

4.5 times I tried Daily C so far, what a blast it is!

1st race, started P12, finished P10, no rain

2nd race, started P7, finished P9, lots of A+ drivers in the lobby, which were just too fast for me, no rain

3rd race, started P7 again and it turned out to be the most intense race I ever drove. Lots of A+ drivers again, I fell back to P13, then the rain started at around Lap 7. I managed to get past several cars and was at P10 at lap 18, we were literally 4 cars bumper to bumper. The track was drying up, but it was still sketchy at some parts. Total focus and good driving made me end on P8. I think it was my best performance ever, considering the line up. Leaving several A+ drivers behind me, feels still unreal to me.
View attachment 1340958
btw. no idea who NicoRD is, but this guy is an alien. He started on P12 and just overtook the whole field and ends up winning with a 53s lead. [...]
That’s Nico Romero, been at World Tours several years now.

Here's another fun fact: I thought that all the GT-R I saw on the grid was the Merc. I have no skill driving that monster, so I stayed all the time until today with my Lancer. Today I thought: "OK, 13 GT-R on the grid, and one Lancer - who's the stupid?". So I changed car to the GT-R, perhaps magically I have grown skill by avoiding it for a few months. But the GT-R is the Nissan, not the Merc. I've done several 1000 km in the Nissan, I love it! .... woops. Jumped in to the Nissan, did 3 QT laps, and lowered 2 tenths, and 5 tenths better in optimum.

Ok, so I was the stupid.

1:54.7 actual, and 1:54.4 optimum.

Now I just need to learn how to drive in actual race conditions.

Last edited:
Have anyone here cracked the code on how the "matching with other players" algorithm looks like? Do we have any information on that? I mean, I run three races after each other, same QT time, and I start 11,10,7,4.

Does it reward players based on number of races that same day? So if I'm persistent, will I get rewarded with a higher grid position/matched with slower drivers? I understand the DR and SR, and QT, and how that works, but there must be many races happening at the same time, there cannot always be 15 only racers at the same time every time that I like to jump on a race? I'm guessing that there must be double digit if not three digit number of races happening at the same time? No? But if so, how is the algorithm selecting that I should run race 23 and not race 22?

Does it take into consideration last few races performance? Number of QT laps? Anyone with an idea?

I'm asking for a friend, I'm not trying to find an advantage for myself.

Have anyone here cracked the code on how the "matching with other players" algorithm looks like? Do we have any information on that? I mean, I run three races after each other, same QT time, and I start 11,10,7,4
It's quite simplistic and several factors influence it.

Number of players online in your region/sub region

SR rating
DR rating
QT

It doesn't look at number of races or anything else.

The reason you bounce around in starting position is:

People setting new times

People with better times coming online or logging off

Peoples DR and SR flux so all the time people are dropping or raising levels.

There are times when you are online and the lobby will stay the same for quite a while, especially in the higher SR and SR brackets

Have anyone here cracked the code on how the "matching with other players" algorithm looks like? Do we have any information on that? I mean, I run three races after each other, same QT time, and I start 11,10,7,4.

Does it reward players based on number of races that same day? So if I'm persistent, will I get rewarded with a higher grid position/matched with slower drivers? I understand the DR and SR, and QT, and how that works, but there must be many races happening at the same time, there cannot always be 15 only racers at the same time every time that I like to jump on a race? I'm guessing that there must be double digit if not three digit number of races happening at the same time? No? But if so, how is the algorithm selecting that I should run race 23 and not race 22?

Does it take into consideration last few races performance? Number of QT laps? Anyone with an idea?

I'm asking for a friend, I'm not trying to find an advantage for myself.
I'm guessing here, but the simplest way would be to take all the players in the lobby at the start time, and order them by QT, then just, put 16 at a time in to a race. Eg if 1600 people are waiting to start, qualifying times 1-16 are in race 1, 17-32 in the B, 33-48 in race C, 49-64 in race D and so on.
EDIT: yeah just seen above post, probably breaks the cohort into DR, then SR chunks before allocation by time. However, I sometimes get weird outliers in my lobbies, so I'm sure it's more complex!

Last edited:
Here's another fun fact: I thought that all the GT-R I saw on the grid was the Merc. I have no skill driving that monster, so I stayed all the time until today with my Lancer. Today I thought: "OK, 13 GT-R on the grid, and one Lancer - who's the stupid?". So I changed car to the GT-R, perhaps magically I have grown skill by avoiding it for a few months. But the GT-R is the Nissan, not the Merc. I've done several 1000 km in the Nissan, I love it! .... woops. Jumped in to the Nissan, did 3 QT laps, and lowered 2 tenths, and 5 tenths better in optimum.

Ok, so I was the stupid.

1:54.7 actual, and 1:54.4 optimum.

Now I just need to learn how to drive in actual race conditions.
I'm still using the Veyron but I'm currently at 1:55.3. I tried the Lancer and the GT-R and I can only get those into the high 1:55s. 1:54 is a pipe dream for me. In my B races the grid is about 80% GT-Rs. I catch them on the straights but annoyingly they catch me in the mid section.

What's the trick to driving it quick?

I know, I know, just drive faster.... :D

Last edited:
I'm still using the Veyron but I'm currently at 1:55.3. I tried the Lancer and the GT-R and I can only get those into the high 1:55s. 1:54 is a pipe dream for me. In my B races the grid is about 80% GT-Rs. I catch them on the straights but annoyingly they catch me in the mid section.

I've been using the Huracán for QT, now at 1.54.8**. Only had time for one race this week and that didn't go well.
Smooth and not to aggressive in the corners seems to work for me.

GTR just can't get that to work either.

I have a question about the Neo-Classic 10 lap race at Fuji: surely a detuned Group C car must still have a huge speed advantage over something like the Alfa 155 TS even if they're both running at 800PP?
The prototypes for a start must be so much lighter, more aerodynamic and have a far better fuel consumption rate/ larger tank than a Gr 4 or GR 3 car?

I have a question about the Neo-Classic 10 lap race at Fuji: surely a detuned Group C car must still have a huge speed advantage over something like the Alfa 155 TS even if they're both running at 800PP?
The prototypes for a start must be so much lighter, more aerodynamic and have a far better fuel consumption rate/ larger tank than a Gr 4 or GR 3 car?
Generally yes. But I think you meant to ask in this thread right? https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/weekly-challenge-discussion-thread.423866/

is there any rhythm behind rain and not rain? or it is totally random? Did 7 races and only 2 times rain. I can't race it back to back, too intense with VR. So I take an hour break and go again (maybe I skip always the rainy ones)?

anyone had rain since the update today?

is there any rhythm behind rain and not rain? or it is totally random? Did 7 races and only 2 times rain. I can't race it back to back, too intense with VR. So I take an hour break and go again (maybe I skip always the rainy ones)?

anyone had rain since the update today?
It's definitely rained since the update.

I think they have a dozen or so patterns but they can also vary within the patterns if that makes sense?

1:55.3 is fast.

For me, smooth, trail brake, and full flat out all the way to the second hair pin in the bottom. Planned end precise weight transfer is key. The pumping trick on the throttle helps in many of the weirdly banked turns as well.

But I'm almost two seconds off the fastest, so there's something else here to still uncover.

Weirdly, the first QT lap is always the fastest for me. I think the tires start to loose some grip when they heat up, and it seems this track is hard on the tires.

1:55.3 is fast.

For me, smooth, trail brake, and full flat out all the way to the second hair pin in the bottom. Planned end precise weight transfer is key. The pumping trick on the throttle helps in many of the weirdly banked turns as well.

But I'm almost two seconds off the fastest, so there's something else here to still uncover.

Weirdly, the first QT lap is always the fastest for me. I think the tires start to loose some grip when they heat up, and it seems this track is hard on the tires.
It's a very tricky car to extract time from.

I put it 145th in one of the dailies at Fuji, but that took many many many many many hours and miles to do.

Not only is the short shifting awkward, knowing when to slide or let it understeer a fraction is so hard to judge.

The biggest tip I have is take lines that "wind it up" and coast a bit more than you normally would.

Yeah
It's an easy win with the Porsche 962. :)

It's a very tricky car to extract time from.

I put it 145th in one of the dailies at Fuji, but that took many many many many many hours and miles to do.

Not only is the short shifting awkward, knowing when to slide or let it understeer a fraction is so hard to judge.

The biggest tip I have is take lines that "wind it up" and coast a bit more than you normally would.
Oh, it should be short shifted? I typically shift at 7450, is there a better rpm to shift? Or it depends?

So much to learn.....

Not my day today on Daily C. I've moved further away from DR A 😭

Both my races had that strange weather were its just a band of light blue rain. Staying out on RM was the best option for the race as the track never went into the inters section. So I pitted lap 10/11 for new RMs and my race just went backwards. Pitted from a net P8, the track still damp and the remaining laps I couldn't lap under a 2.21. I don't know what happened but I had no pace or grip yet everyone else was.just flying past me. Finished P12 after quitters. I opened the Ezio Dash app and I could see my tyres on the last 2 laps were at like 50⁰c so I assume the damp track just couldn't get any heat into the tyres.

Next race had the same weather, so for this race I was paying attention to the tyres via Ezio App. First two laps I struggle for grip, and then wondered if I had a bigger game. I spun the car twice on lap 2 and fell last. I carried on as I hate quitting, and I don't know what happened but my pace was decent. 2.19s. As the band of rain came it wasn't enough to wet the track but I stayed out till the band was nearly gone and I manged to jump 2 cars for P12. After the pit stop my pace shocked me. First time I've dipped into the 2.18s. 2.18.6 was my best. Caught up P11 but a stupid track penalty on lap 19 cost me the slip on the Kemmel straight. S2 I caught back up and made an attempt into the bus stop but couldn't get the OT done. Another P12

Not sure I feel like going again. The competition was tough today, plus I had too many errors in me. Guess DR A will have to wait....
I love Spa and am a C/S-driver but my experience yesterday was similar. Short quali session right before the race in my NSX which was enough for P3 at the start. It wasn't really wet but I managed to loose my car straight in Eau Rouge! Being last I passed another driver at very slow speed to avoid an accident - which gave me a 3-second-penalty for passing under yellow flags... It went worse as I misjudged the weather and changed for Wets in a race that stayed just humid... I even got lapped and focused myself to stay from everyone else and ruin only my own race.

It wasn't really satisfying but I wish we would get more races with weather and enough laps for strategy. It is something completely different compared to the usual weekly races and at every stage an intensive experience.

Wish you a pleasant drive!

Last edited:
The pumping trick on the throttle helps in many of the weirdly banked turns as well.
That helps with the Veyron a lot as well on the tighter 90 degreers.

As to race C. If you haven't tried it, try the R.S.01 now. It's fast there since the BoP change.

I only did a few laps while waiting for my lunch to heat up and I was on for an easy 1:18s until I spun it last chicane. As it was, my second lap was a 1:19.2? which I think was faster than my 650S time before the reset.

EDIT: the RS01 is a bit for slidey and less planted than the 650S so it takes a bit more control with the throttle and brake..

Last edited:
I only did a few laps while waiting for my lunch to heat
How big is your lunch that it takes an hour 😮

I passed another driver at very slow speed to avoid an accident - which gave me a 3-second-penalty for passing under yellow flags...
This is annoying penalty! I had one at GV tonight. Im Not sure how I'm supposed to slow down while overtaking and 2 cars 1.5 seconds in front have issues :/

Its a very very frustrating penalty as it has zero nuance if you give the position back.

Compounded by the fact they ghost the cars so what does it matter anyway????

I don't normally do this, but Grand Valley is stumping me, so I'm hoping somebody can watch my Q lap and tell me what I'm missing. I'm something like 3/4 of a second off the time I think I should be able to achieve.

And yes, I know I don't need to take a wide line going around T2, but that's not the reason my times are so slow.

I've set BB to -2, which helps. The problem isn't the car, because I get about the same time with other cars.

Thanks in advance.

Just really casually glancing, I'd assume you are Citroen this week?

There are a couple of things:

You are using engine braking and the downshift to first instead of trail braking or just braking earlier.

You brake way later than I do so we are taking different lines. I want to maximise exit so will go slower to the apex to power earlier in GR4.

You shouldn't need to be in first anywhere at GV even for rotation.

I think you are attacking the track to much

Edit: basically @GrumpyOldMan my banter friend you are driving to hard.

Everything looks super busy in the replay, lots of throttle braking, shifting turning all in really small time windows.

Relax a bit do a couple of slow laps, load up a slow ghost and pick a few places you want to stick with them.

Remember the KISS stuff, brake, down shift, turn, throttle. Separate the actions a little and you'll be smoother and faster

Last edited:
Back