GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 31,998 comments
zjn
Referring to Race C, but actually more general question:

does the concept of dirty wheels after grass excursion exists in the Gt7 physics?
is it a configurable paramenter in the race options?
if it does exist, how long the "wheels cleanup" takes?

Thanks
Yes, it definitely exists, for both grass and sand. I don't know the answer to the rest of your questions.

Last edited:
Next week:

View attachment 1352038

View attachment 1352039

View attachment 1352040

Suzuka AGAIN!? It was a TT a few weeks ago, a TGR race a few days ago, a Manu race in two weeks, Daily B this week, and Daily C next week.
Race B might be okay. The other two.........
Iron Man Eye Roll GIF

We will race them, with varying amounts of fever no doubt.

But my god PD. That Prius race that is upcoming.....

Imagine a daily B at the short brands circuit with Clio's or golf's or scirrocos something really grass roots, think club sport stuff hell even caymans.

I know you can do it. We don't mind one make races if they are creative and fun. Not sweaty grind fests!!!

Edit

Race room and daily office (shared with the wife) is getting there. Just my motorsport art to go up and the new GT Omega office chair tomorrow....I cleverly cropped the tumble dryer out 🤣

Attachments

• IMG_0383.jpeg
    IMG_0383.jpeg
    193.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
A one-make race with the glorious MP4/4 should be awesome
Normally I'd disagree and say it's definitely SF23s, but PD do out of character things on big automotive anniversaries/race dates sometimes; I could absolutely see a Senna 30th anniversary tribute MP4/4 race as a thing they'd do.

Though they won't say that's what they're doing; they'll just present the race as normal.

Yes, it definitely exists, for both grass and sand. I don't know the answer to the rest of your questions.
Thanks, you actually replaied to the main question.
It happens to me to nail another 1-2 errors in consecutive turns after a trip off road.
Part of them are definitely on my sense of urge to recover, but some then may be due to fact take the incoming turns as if I didn't exit

We will race them, with varying amounts of fever no doubt.

But my god PD. That Prius race that is upcoming.....

Imagine a daily B at the short brands circuit with Clio's or golf's or scirrocos something really grass roots, think club sport stuff hell even caymans.

I know you can do it. We don't mind one make races if they are creative and fun. Not sweaty grind fests!!!

Edit

Race room and daily office (shared with the wife) is getting there. Just my motorsport art to go up and the new GT Omega office chair tomorrow....I cleverly cropped the tumble dryer out 🤣
This is what life looks like when your wife thinks you are an idiot because you race computers...

Attachments

• IMG_0797.jpeg
    IMG_0797.jpeg
    181.6 KB · Views: 5
Struggled to get my Race C QT down to 1:19.164 in the NSX (my Circuit Experience was a Silver 1:19.653, with Gold sectors). Ah well. Time to jump in with the sharks and sink or swim. Or get eaten, as I was soon to find out.*

Race 1: Started P11. Had an unforced error going into T1, and dropped back into P16 (last). Borked the pit entry on Lap 7 and collected a penalty. Failed to make up ground, got lapped by P1 at the start of Lap 12 - which mercilessly cut my race down by a lap - and finished P12 (last, after people quit)

Race 2: Started P10. Tried to avoid a Lap 1 incident at the 2,3,4 chicane, and got pushed into a lazy spin and into P15 (last). Barely avoided another pit lane penalty on Lap 7. Finished P11.

Race 3: Started P13. Got caught trying to avoid more Lap 1 chicane shenanigans, got shoved around a bit, and fell to P16 (last). Finished P11.

My pace was so poor that I'm surprised only one person lapped me. Decided to call it a day with a slightly lower C/S rating.

*Dramatic Re-enactment:

dbs1.gif

I have mixed feelings about my last race. Until I drop down to DR B I won't be very competitive. So starting P8 and finishing P15 is a good way to quicken the decline. However, having to drive the last 3 1/2 laps all by myself in DFL place kind of sucks, especially because I have noone to blame but myself.
This is what life looks like when your wife thinks you are an idiot because you race computers...
And... you win the "cluttered workspace" award. Still cool, though. :cheers:

God damn I absolutely despise suzuka with Gr4 cars. This really shows the limitations of no adjustable fov with this track. My wheel is out of commission so I'm forced to use motion controls and I'm sitting far back on my lounge. This is the only track I struggle with in term of corner perception. Assets Corsa or similar sims are fine because I can adjust my fov and I'm able to judge corners perfectly.

Gr4 cars are abysmal to use on this track you need constant momentum and be going fast enough for the downforce to be in effect, if you don't carry enough momentum then you will understeer.

Best I could do with motion controls is 1:8:589.

I'm usually in the top 50 but always struggle with suzuka. It's my Achilles hill.

I have mixed feelings about my last race. Until I drop down to DR B I won't be very competitive. So starting P8 and finishing P15 is a good way to quicken the decline. However, having to drive the last 3 1/2 laps all by myself in DFL place kind of sucks, especially because I have noone to blame but myself.

And... you win the "cluttered workspace" award. Still cool, though. :cheers:
The problem is that the bench has become the black hole of projects.
It’s like a phycology project. If we place a project and a steering wheel on the same bench, which one will he choose. 🤔

It's a labour of love and all about evolution ;)

Kitchen table G29
IMG_7837.jpeg

IMG_7093.jpeg

Wife decided we shouldn't use the dining table for racing :(

I'll show her!

IMG_8065.jpeg

Upgrade! (Sadly none with the TGT2)
IMG_8068.jpeg

And finally she had enough and after years...I got relegated (happily) to the utility room/box room/tiny home office. Win!

IMG_0383.jpeg

The moral of this story is that we are all passionate racers who will go to all sorts or creative lengths to go racing 😉

It's a labour of love and all about evolution ;)

Kitchen table G29
View attachment 1352279

View attachment 1352280

Wife decided we shouldn't use the dining table for racing :(

I'll show her!

View attachment 1352282

Upgrade! (Sadly none with the TGT2)
View attachment 1352287

And finally she had enough and after years...I got relegated (happily) to the utility room/box room/tiny home office. Win!

View attachment 1352288

The moral of this story is that we are all passionate racers who will go to all sorts or creative lengths to go racing 😉
The ironing board is pretty innovative.

There's no way that's a real office. There's not enough crap around. THIS is a real office:

View attachment 1352160

:lol:
Wow, that is huge!! Is that yours? I'll have to post a picture of my room at a later time, it's big too. Now we live in an apartment, not a regular house. Cool spacious area there in California.

@Jflijohn don't worry, my place is somewhat cluttered and a mess too, but we're all not perfect. I need to buy a new shark navigator vacuum so I can tidy our apartment up.

Last edited:
Wow, that is huge!! Is that yours?
It is mine, but it's not that huge. I used "panorama" mode in my iPhone to capture that image.
@Jflijohn don't worry, my place is somewhat cluttered and a mess too, but we're all not perfect.
@Jflijohn - I hope I didn't imply that cuttered is a bad thing. I live my life that way - inside and outside my mind!

You can see half my office on any GTP video with me in it, but the bit the camera can't see is:

20240205_201418.jpg

l0ktgr.jpg

I've added some more soundproofing tiles and mounted the mic on an arm on the wall since the images too.

Yes, both screens are on gas arms, so I can place them however I want - the left one either in front of the rig for driving or towards the office chair for transcribing things from game to article (like Daily Race specs). The PS5 base also lights up purple, because of course it does.

The desk is scratch-made and has a tunnel at the rear for all the cabling. You can see a hole in the top in the foreground: there's one at each of the three stations, and one underneath facing outward at each station, so all the relevant cables go in and out of those.

Big fan of Blockbusters with Bob Holness, back in the day? 😉
I'd like a P please.
Blue and orange tiles, how naughty!
Matches my underwear.

I was going to go with standard, boring, square, grey Toblerone tiles, but I figured if I was going to be looking at it all the time why not be interesting. They're also relatively cheap, and I don't really need pro quality stuff.

God damn I absolutely despise suzuka with Gr4 cars. This really shows the limitations of no adjustable fov with this track. My wheel is out of commission so I'm forced to use motion controls and I'm sitting far back on my lounge. This is the only track I struggle with in term of corner perception. Assets Corsa or similar sims are fine because I can adjust my fov and I'm able to judge corners perfectly.

Gr4 cars are abysmal to use on this track you need constant momentum and be going fast enough for the downforce to be in effect, if you don't carry enough momentum then you will understeer.

Best I could do with motion controls is 1:8:589.

I'm usually in the top 50 but always struggle with suzuka. It's my Achilles hill.
what view?

You have like top 600 time....

when your wife thinks you are an idiot because you race computers
I think this is secretly every wife's thought about our hobby. Pretty certain they only put up with it as they know we aren't out on the town cheating on them. Meanwhile they can go out on the town and cheat on us and we'll never notice! :D
The ironing board is pretty innovative.
This reminds me of the days sitting on a couch using a folding table with an old Logitech Driving Force Pro (and then GT). It was not very stable....

And if we are showing set ups then this is my current one.

IMG_8012.jpeg

which is to the side of my basement entertainment room.
IMG_8013.jpeg

It's all way too serious for my lack of talent! :D

My office is smaller than @GrumpyOldMan but it is equally chaotic!

Haven't spent any time racing though recently. Wisconsin is finally getting into summer mode so spending my time outside instead after a long winter in the basement.

Last edited:
Back