GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 32,369 comments
Somehow I managed to get top 10 in the world for Race B in the G70.

I tried the Supra and Megane for about as long as I drove the Viper and both were about a tenth faster. Then I tried the G70 and in about half the time I was a tenth and a half faster. Trying what I thought were rational tweaks to the settings for about 300 miles I managed a high 47.1 but wasn't really finding any slight variation to the car that made it drive better and anything major it got noticeably worse.
Then I was bored and tired so decided to just try stupid tuning and see how bad I could make the car and maybe roll it if I'm lucky. Stock I ran 47.6 after about 30 miles, as jelly as the limited settings allow ran 48.2 with no chance of rolling. Finally seeing the tunes posted here I was too tired to give them a proper try, but I did one with almost complete opposite suspension settings and 25 miles of pure confusion later I am now at 47.066 with some time left to get.
I'm now seriously reconsidering if I actually am a good tuner but am also kind of considering I might sell myself short with the driving sometimes. I am still sure someone can get first place in the world with my stupid tune but maybe I can get close?

Hey, I used your ghost and I got a lap time of 0'49.728. I'm hoping to get in the top 2000-3000 if I keep pushing on this morning and the rest of the day. Oh, and I just finished my 1,000th race an hour ago, so I reached my milestone.

@smcqueen46 Hey, I have been going in the pit during each race, I recorded 4 of them an hour and a half ago so I'll post the videos later on tonight so you guys can take a look at my performances. I used the RCZ each time which gave me some reasonable finishing positions.

Somehow I managed to get top 10 in the world for Race B in the G70.

I tried the Supra and Megane for about as long as I drove the Viper and both were about a tenth faster. Then I tried the G70 and in about half the time I was a tenth and a half faster. Trying what I thought were rational tweaks to the settings for about 300 miles I managed a high 47.1 but wasn't really finding any slight variation to the car that made it drive better and anything major it got noticeably worse.
Then I was bored and tired so decided to just try stupid tuning and see how bad I could make the car and maybe roll it if I'm lucky. Stock I ran 47.6 after about 30 miles, as jelly as the limited settings allow ran 48.2 with no chance of rolling. Finally seeing the tunes posted here I was too tired to give them a proper try, but I did one with almost complete opposite suspension settings and 25 miles of pure confusion later I am now at 47.066 with some time left to get.
I'm now seriously reconsidering if I actually am a good tuner but am also kind of considering I might sell myself short with the driving sometimes. I am still sure someone can get first place in the world with my stupid tune but maybe I can get close?

Given that this is almost the complete opposite of the @praiano63 tune, it makes you wonder whether this tuning thing is just a placebo effect 😂

Given that this is almost the complete opposite of the @praiano63 tune, it makes you wonder whether this tuning thing is just a placebo effect 😂
I was thinking the same thing, and I really didn't do any tuning this time. I just took a leap of faith and followed his ghost and got a time under 50 seconds. It took about 15 laps for me to get the work done. I also noticed there was a lot of aggressiveness in the B races.

Someone in my first race had a wreck on Lap 5 which almost ran me into the wall. My heart was pounding and I felt tense during that race. That's why I could never participate in real racing events like Nascar, F1 and the Indy races. No way.

Something seems to have hooked up nicely for me at Brands. So close to A+ for the first time on my UK account.

PXL_20240514_202901015~2.jpg
18f7bacb20423-screenshotUrl.jpg

I found a screenshot of a previous McLaren setup (can't remember where I got it originally) and have changed a couple of things. Best is currently in the 47.2's but optimal is in the low 47.1's I'm getting 47.5/47.6 in races.

Setup I'm using is
6/9
20/27
30/45
2.50/2.95

BB 2 to the back.

Something seems to have hooked up nicely for me at Brands. So close to A+ for the first time on my UK account.

View attachment 1355592View attachment 1355593

I found a screenshot of a previous McLaren setup (can't remember where I got it originally) and have changed a couple of things. Best is currently in the 47.2's but optimal is in the low 47.1's I'm getting 47.5/47.6 in races.

Setup I'm using is
6/9
20/27
30/45
2.50/2.95

BB 2 to the back.
You're #42!!! Wow, how'd you do that? Did you use MT or AT?

Setup I'm using is
6/9
20/27
30/45
2.50/2.95

BB 2 to the back.
I remember a couple of races with you. Look at you now! Miles ahead of me and well deserved.

No, it actually works. Just tried it #lunchtimeracing. Shaved off 3 tenth from my previous time with the G70, 47.3, in the top 100 momentarily (until everybody uses it 😆). You have to catch a slide in turn 1 sometimes (which is not too difficult), but less understeer lets you accelerate earlier in the final corner onto the straight, which did the trick for me.

Last edited:
Having done quite a lot of fiddling (I won't call it tuning, that would be far too grandiose a term :D), I really do think the importance of moving custom suspension numbers around is greatly overstated... Admittedly this is with road cars rather than race. Keen to try this Genesis later regardless!

Back up into DR A after less than 24 hours at B, phew. Gotta start building up a few more points now.

Just won a daily race at Brands Hatch, I'm gonna stick with this vs the bin fest of race C. Race A is also very good fun tbf for a change of scenery.

Race B I've had good success with different tactics too. If qualifying low down the order = pit end of lap 1 or 2 depending how bad traffic is.

If near the front or in space, keep going.

Just qualified 2nd and took the lead start of lap 3, pitted end of lap 9 and won by 2.7s. B lobbies really do tend to be much cleaner than A lobbies though. Wonder why or if it's just my paranoia 😂😂

Also managed to get my qualy lap time down from a 48.1 to a 47.6 which has helped massively! There's a 47.3 in there according to the data but I can't quite string together a perfect qualy lap!

B lobbies really do tend to be much cleaner than A lobbies though.
Usually it's because the skill gap between drives is a lot less when in those lobbies so the racing is a lot closer coupled with competitiveness which is how you get there.

So closer racing always means more incidents some deliberate mostly just genuine racing incidents.

I don't have any setting for this car to compare. Anyway , "those open settings" that PD turn available for some daily races are almost dead. Since 1.30 update They almost don't change any behaviors.
-ARB , Dampers , frequency have a very few influence.
-Ride height , TOE and ARB also have less influence than before but still a few.
-LSD , Ballast and downforce only can change a lot the car's behaviors.

I think that PD couldn't make settings work well till 1.30, so they mute most of them till now.
I hope they will able to do something good with a new physic update after the end of the World series final.

No, it actually works. Just tried it #lunchtimeracing. Shaved off 3 tenth from my previous time with the G70, 47.3, in the top 100 momentarily (until everybody uses it 😆). You have to catch a slide in turn 1 sometimes (which is not too difficult), but less understeer lets you accelerate earlier in the final corner onto the straight, which did the trick for me.

Improved by 8/100s swapping to the Genesis
I know, plus I've proved it to myself too - managed to improve my QT to 47.550 (as seen in the image in the post above!).

I think this is the closest I've ever been to the times of you two, plus some others on my friends list!

The resulting improvement gave me a P2 and then a P1 start, and I won both 🙂

Another handy little hint, but please don't tell anyone else - if you get a penalty, and haven't already pitted, pit and you take the penalty as you exit hence losing very little time.....😉

Had enough time to do a couple dozen QT laps at Race B in the NSX for a 0:48.568. Slightly quicker, but it's an improvement, so I'll take it. Instead of borking the first and last corners, now I'm fudging the exits out of Druids and Graham Hill Bend.

giphy.gif
You are braking to late. Its better accelerate through a corner than it is to go deep in to it or try to accelerate just after braking

Try coming off the brakes even if you feel you are a bit hot

Last edited:

Setup I'm using is
6/9
20/27
30/45
2.50/2.95

BB 2 to the back.
I have no words so
Well Done Applause GIF by MOODMAN

Back