GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 32,491 comments
Tonight I found magic.

I decided to play with the G70 on my Abroad account. I intended to race but it became a tuning session. I scrapped the tunes that were published and went my own way. It’s much more balanced, stable and predictable now. Can absolutely smash the throttle and it’s still composed. It took time, patience and some frustration when I went backwards but eventually I started to see consistent times in the 47.2s. Then I got it!

62nd global and faster than my prior best.
IMG_8139.jpeg

The funny thing is, I had two tunes and I couldn’t remember which one this was.

Then I thought, I wonder if the same magic would work on my main account.

I tried one tune and I improved but @newmedia_dev was still ahead of me. So I changed two settings for the other tune, the one I thought was my ultimate set up, and went out again. Second lap I got this.

33rd fastest global!! :gtpflag::D
IMG_8140.jpeg

IMG_8141.jpeg

Sorry Glenn.

Here’s the actual lap.

GT7 | DR B 24-20 QT | Getting 33rd fastest time in the world

I’m keeping my tune secret for now. It has taken me hours to work it out. I’ll post it on Sunday evening, after the Brits have gone to bed, so @newmedia_dev can’t beat me. :D:D

Last edited:
It's like everything else - if it works for you, use it. If not, don't. There have been plenty of races where I couldn't get the meta car to behave for me no matter what I did.

If I knew more about sim racing in general, I'd tell you that if you race it like [fill in the blank], then it excels. But if you try to race it like [fill in another blank], it won't cooperate. For me, it just works well with my overall style of racing. Lead foot on the gas and brakes, lots of praying and finger-crossing (makes using the wheel a challenge, but you do what you have to do!) and cursing. Especially the cursing.
I did my own - not claiming I am a tuner, but it's the one I managed to get my best time with and also be the most consistent/ in control with. If it helps anyone, great! 😊

1716016342894.png

Tonight I found magic.

I decided to play with the G70 on my Abroad account. I intended to race but it became a tuning session. I scrapped the tunes that were published and went my own way. It’s much more balanced, stable and predictable now. Can absolutely smash the throttle and it’s still composed. It took time, patience and some frustration when I went backwards but eventually I started to see consistent times in the 47.2s. Then I got it!

62nd global and faster than my prior best.
View attachment 1356386

The funny thing is, I had two tunes and I couldn’t remember which one this was.

Then I thought, I wonder if the same magic would work on my main account.

I tried one tune and I improved but @newmedia_dev was still ahead of me. So I changed two settings for the other tune, the one I thought was my ultimate set up, and went out again. Second lap I got this.

33rd fastest global!! :gtpflag::D
View attachment 1356387
View attachment 1356388
Sorry Glenn.

Here’s the actual lap.

GT7 | DR B 24-20 QT | Getting 33rd fastest time in the world

I’m keeping my tune secret for now. It has taken me hours to work it out. I’ll post it on Sunday evening, after the Brits have gone to bed, so @newmedia_dev can’t beat me. :D:D

Awesome!

Normally I'd reserve sunday evening to give it a try, but currently I'm in a bus somewhere in France on the way to our holiday destination, so no danger from my side...😆

Hmmm, thinking of it, not being at home for a week, I'd bet that next week will feature the best set of daily races ever...😬

@Barney Da Dog good to race with you tonight.
That was my first race of the week, started on pole and finished P2.

I've sent too much time tonight trying to get into the 46s at Brands but it's not going to happen, now at 1.47.014
Hope to find time this weekend to race more.
Good to meet you :)
As I can't drive the G70, I'm stuck with starting 3rd to 6th, but still managing to get a few 2nd and 3rd place finishes if I pit early and get a few clear laps. I think I could have won one race as I got a few 47.4s and .5s, but came behind a chap in an Alfa who fought tooth and nail for 2 laps before he pitted and I lost about 3 seconds to the leaders😣

Added you as a friend, but it's pushed me further to the bottom of my friends' list now 😂

zjn
What is your expected delta between RM and RH?

That would be around 0.5-0.8s for me. Though the McLaren lacks consistency in RH compare to RM.

I've found the definition of madness. Lapping the same loop every 47 seconds for hours on end and never reaching your goal. I've reached the end of my ability.

I started the night feeling good that I could find another tenth and regain top spot on my LB having a feeling I could tweak the tunings more. After a couple of hours of adjusting, testing and repeating, I could only get to 50/1000s from my prior best. I was about to give up and race when one of my kids puked all over the place. Great!

After cleaning that up, I thought I would try again but it was now late, but I got to 7/1000s of my best and I was beginning to feel magic again so I continued even though bed was calling. I never got it....

I gave up at 2am feeling defeated and wondering why in the world that I just wasted an night when I should have been racing to capitalize on my typically pole position start? Of the 6 races I've done I propelled myself of my highest ever A rating. But, I'm an idiot.

Sometimes this game teases so much.
🤦‍♂️

Just did basically the same thing last night but on Time Trial (Gr.4 Scirocco on Laguna). I was 0.048 form getting into 1:27 and I was still 0.048 away after 1.5 hours of trying and swearing. Went to bed feeling defeated.
Should have joined you guys for the fun at Daily B instead really.

Last edited:
I hadn't thought about this before, I sort of thought that if you were a B rating you would always race with other Bs, As with As and so on. But obviously there are a lot of people hovering on the border, my lobbies are absolutely stuffed with A drivers now so progress is slower, although I'm continuing to bang in the top 5s and creep up to A myself.

I hadn't thought about this before, I sort of thought that if you were a B rating you would always race with other Bs, As with As and so on. But obviously there are a lot of people hovering on the border, my lobbies are absolutely stuffed with A drivers now so progress is slower, although I'm continuing to bang in the top 5s and creep up to A myself.
It also depends on how many people are racing at the time.

EDIT:

Just improved my QT by .132 seconds, and this is nuts:
1716045886988.png

#294? I'm having the greatest dream right now - please, nobody wake me up.

Last edited:
Paid the price today for my wins in race B yesterday - went from B/S lobbies, to those mostly populated by A and A+ drivers (including our own @newmedia_dev!).

Despite the faster (and rougher!) racing, I managed a DR up in every race but one. I've had to stop now, as my rating is getting terrifyingly close to an A, which I think I managed twice in GT Sport (stayed there for all of about two races, before dropping back to B).

Paid the price today for my wins in race B yesterday - went from B/S lobbies, to those mostly populated by A and A+ drivers (including our own @newmedia_dev!).

Despite the faster (and rougher!) racing, I managed a DR up in every race but one. I've had to stop now, as my rating is getting terrifyingly close to an A, which I think I managed twice in GT Sport (stayed there for all of about two races, before dropping back to B).
Nice racing with you guys today, had some time off recently to concentrate on hitting DR A

I had it the same a while back, once I was at B/S I wasn’t competitive or enjoying it, but since the dailies at gr3 spa and gr4 sukuka recently I finally hit A - winning loads of races at b/S. hopefully next week I can consolidate my place there

Hope you guys are all doing well

A bit of track cursory analysis. These are the 12 (of 38) locations that have been used 5 or less times in dailies or GTWS:

• Blue Moon Bay
  • BB Raceway
  • Circuit de St Croix
  • Colorado Springs
  • Fishermans Ranch
  • Goodwood
  • High Speed Ring
  • Lake Louise
  • Northern Isle
  • Sardegna Windmills
  • Special Stage Route X
  • Tokyo Expressway
Notably all but Goodwood are fictional.

I think there's clearly three groups of tracks that PD don't use - rally tracks (Colo Springs, Fishermans, Lake Louise, Windmills), ovals that aren't Daytona (BB Raceway, Blue Moon Speedway, Northern Isle, SSRX), and tracks with clear wallriding opportunities (St Croix, Blue Moon Infield, HSR, Tokyo). The only outlier is again Goodwood, which I don't really have an explanation for. Maybe they just don't think Goodwood works in Gr.3/Gr.4?

But other than the one exception, there's definitely a clear pattern to the tracks that PD avoids using.

A bit of track cursory analysis. These are the 12 (of 38) locations that have been used 5 or less times in dailies or GTWS:

• Blue Moon Bay
  • BB Raceway
  • Circuit de St Croix
  • Colorado Springs
  • Fishermans Ranch
  • Goodwood
  • High Speed Ring
  • Lake Louise
  • Northern Isle
  • Sardegna Windmills
  • Special Stage Route X
  • Tokyo Expressway

I think there's clearly three groups of tracks that PD don't use - rally tracks (Colo Springs, Fishermans, Lake Louise, Windmills), ovals that aren't Daytona (BB Raceway, Blue Moon Speedway, Northern Isle, SSRX), and tracks with clear wallriding opportunities (St Croix, Blue Moon Infield, HSR, Tokyo). The only outlier is again Goodwood, which I don't really have an explanation for. Maybe they just don't think Goodwood works in Gr.3/Gr.4?

But other than the one exception, there's definitely a clear pattern to the tracks that PD avoids using.
I think goodwood suited the AM TT but as a race venue not so much and definitely not Gr3 for loads of reasons.

What is more interesting is the gaps in the race choices. Tokyo circuits while I hate them have a Macau feel about some of the layouts.

Excellent analysis work dude

Nice racing with you guys today, had some time off recently to concentrate on hitting DR A

I had it the same a while back, once I was at B/S I wasn’t competitive or enjoying it, but since the dailies at gr3 spa and gr4 sukuka recently I finally hit A - winning loads of races at b/S. hopefully next week I can consolidate my place there

Hope you guys are all doing well
Sorry - forgot to mention you!

It's very rare that I race against anyone from this forum, real privilege to meet two in each race today!

I think we both got stuck in the entrance to the pits in one race, did I cause your issue? (or was it the magnet in the wall? 😆)

Sorry - forgot to mention you!

It's very rare that I race against anyone from this forum, real privilege to meet two in each race today!

I think we both got stuck in the entrance to the pits in one race, did I cause your issue? (or was it the magnet in the wall? 😆)
Yes! I was going to mention our classy pit entrance! 🤣 I think was just following you in and towards the wall ha

This week I've had the absolute pleasure of racing with @Barney Da Dog, @bone_tone, @brockie and last not least @Vule.

2 weeks ago I was knocking at the door of A, today I finish my evening having raced with friends or compadres nearly A+.

Reflecting a bit, my work in the TT threads whilst not useful there helped me focus on my daily TT stuff so I can attribute that to those awesome guys.

But the highlight of the week was actually racing you guys. Brands isn't the greatest racing circuit to be fair but just being together is awesome.

Magic alluded me today. Truth be told it takes me around an hour to get into the flow of things before I feel comfortable racing.

Today, I’ve a busy schedule so I tried to get one race on the euro circuit. I jump into warm up with 8 minutes to go. My laps were terrible, I was not feeling it but it’s my alt account. Still with 20 seconds before the start I figure I’m not ready, but the ps5 is too slow to exit out and I get entered. Guess I’m racing now…

I start in 2nd sandwiched between two A+ guys. I actually like this as I have a rabbit to chase. I was fearing being on pole. I’m slower without a rabbit.

Well rabbit slows faster than I in turn 2 and I hit him so I wait up. That allows 3rd to pass me. That was okay for a lap but then poor placement turn 1, gives the opportunity for 4th to pass on lap 3. I then feel like I’m being held up by the Alfa so I pit. Poor decision.

That puts me on the thick of the lower midfield and a side by side entering Surtees had me spin off as I reacted to the other car also losing it.

That’s puts me down to last and I finish 14th as two others left before.

Guess you can’t win them all. Not that I ever do :D

Last edited:
This week I've had the absolute pleasure of racing with @Barney Da Dog, @bone_tone, @brockie and last not least @Vule.

2 weeks ago I was knocking at the door of A, today I finish my evening having raced with friends or compadres nearly A+.

Reflecting a bit, my work in the TT threads whilst not useful there helped me focus on my daily TT stuff so I can attribute that to those awesome guys.

But the highlight of the week was actually racing you guys. Brands isn't the greatest racing circuit to be fair but just being together is awesome.
Talking about it in this forum is one thing, actually doing it on track together is just the best! You know you are with drivers you can really trust too 🙂

Well I just realised why I was finding the G70 so weird - I'd missed tuning the front axle! 🙈

Feels better now and an optimum lap of 47.046.
But, I just improved the McLaren to a 47.078, so not much in it.

Edit/ last race of this week for me and a fine way to finish. It was lucky though, as the leader pitted earlier and got caught behind traffic.
18f8df66a501-screenshotUrl.jpg

Last edited:
I know the feeling. But don't be afraid, just embrace it. It's more fun that way. And reject Imposter Syndrome.

View attachment 1356566
I meant to ask you earlier in the week, how are you finding B this week?

I know you aren't partial to longer races (I know time wise B isn't long but it's just as focused as a longer race and much tighter)

How are you finding pit stops as again they don't usually feature in the shorter races?

• Blue Moon Bay
  • BB Raceway
  • Circuit de St Croix
  • Colorado Springs
  • Fishermans Ranch
  • Goodwood
  • High Speed Ring
  • Lake Louise
  • Northern Isle
  • Sardegna Windmills
  • Special Stage Route X
  • Tokyo Expressway

What about Big Willow? I can only remember it being used once in GT7. I think it was a Gr.3 B race.
Streets of Willow Springs and Horse Thief Mile were each used once for A races, I think.

Anyways, Big Willow is a suitable track for any class of cars. You don't have to worry about wall-riding, and the desert issues it's own penalties to those who go off the track. I know a lot of people are scared to race there, but there are a bunch of us who love it.

Doesn't it look super easy? :D

1716123698290.png

Last edited:
I knew my time in the seat was going to be limited this week (The Giants were home) so I chose the short Brands Hatch 10 lapper. It was fun trying to pick the right car and tuning but I just didn’t have the time to dedicate to perfecting it. I’ve gotten so I like long races that involve a pit strategy.
I had a race yesterday that involved a fair amount of bumping and grinding, enough of it to cause me to record and review it. I was not happy with what I saw… the problem was me…bad lines, too egressive, blocking (I was not intentionally blocking but, blocking none the less) so, I need to clean that up as well as to get faster.

Latest Posts

Back