GT7 is really good, I don’t know what everyone’s on about!

I also think GT7 is great. I spent around 395 hours in it and I still enjoy it. Do I see where it can improves? Absolutely! But it doesn’t affect my enjoment in GT7. With VR, wheel, great car rooster, great physics and nice track list this is the most immersive racing game I ever played.

great car rooster,

kfc GIF

OP, if you like the game, I'm really happy for you. I'd advise you stay off the forums and everyone's opinions and just enjoy the game for what it is; there's a lot of angry and disappointed people here, myself included. Why let other people's opinions cloud your enjoyment of the game?

After you get through the main campaign and spend a few hours in the post game, come back and tell us how good you find GT7 as a whole in relation to all the other past titles. I think that would be a much fairer evaluation, and it'd be easier to have a discussion about the strengths and weaknesses of GT7 :)

I'd hardly call the author's criticisms trivial. Unless that's not what you meant by quibble... I really think with the advent and popularization of things like the steam deck, console gaming as a whole is dying. Why would one want to purchase a clunky, non portable console when you could just get a pc that has a much bigger library of games and is technically more proficient. And for not that much more money either. Or buy something like a steam deck which is almost as technically as capable as a console, but is also portable. Now I am talking about the next 10-15 years or so...and I'm off topic lol.

I only mention that because I think the demise of console gaming is partially because of the superficiality of modern AAA games as seen in GT7. To me, GT7 lacks depth. It lacks personality. It feels to me as if it was a labour. Something that had to be produced to meet a bottom line and nothing more. Its individual parts lovingly and painstakingly crafted by individuals that genuinely care, but then ramshackled together by someone only concerned with pleasing some committee somewhere. After all, gotta meet that deadline!

As said in the video, I think the people at Polyphony on the ground level, the people actually working on the individual parts of the game, really do care. But the management have lost their vision, lost their focus. Lost their passion and in some cases lost their spine. And frankly, it shows.

Edit: To be fair, maybe I'm just jaded. But having grown up in arguably the golden age of video games, it's been a slow but clearly downhill trend ever since. I do enjoy GT7 but it often feels cheap. Most modern games to me feel less and less like art, and more like just a product to be sold with every passing year. It's that damned horse armour I tell ya.

But hey, if you feel like you're getting your money's worth, then go for it. Don't let jaded old fools like me ruin it for you. But if quality games cease to exist within the main stream market, you'll always be welcome on this grumpy side of the fence.
Actually, you’ve got a point here: With even laptops getting more powerful than ever (yes, not only Apple’s M1-2-3 SoCs, but also the PC world), it would theoretically become more and more relevant for game makers to target Windows and macOS even more (I know macOS does not have the same tradition for gaming as Windows has) — and reduce their efforts for dedicated gaming consoles. That would be bad for Sony et al. But it would be great for us consumers, because we could get all those amazing games right on the machines we’re already using. But yeah, that’s a whole ‘nother topic in itself.

For me GT7 is insanely good with PSVR2.

Without the VR its kinda meh ( My personal opinion )

You know i am really tempted to upgrade (i’m still on ps4), but it’d literally the only game I’d be doing it for. There’s nothing else in the PS5 library that interests me really, especially not anything that’s also VR2 compatible.

You know i am really tempted to upgrade (i’m still on ps4), but it’d literally the only game I’d be doing it for. There’s nothing else in the PS5 library that interests me really, especially not anything that’s also VR2 compatible.
I bought mine knowing I would almost use it only for GT7. I havent regretted it one bit. If you can afford it without breaking a bank its worth it. it simply improves the fun I have with the game like 100x.

But you are right unfortunatly there arent many other PSVR2 games that interest me eather.

No mans sky is very good, and a ton, of fun if you are into that kind of game.

I am still hoping for more driving games to support it, and hopefully some flight sims.

Project wingman. Was just released, but apperently its not that good, it only has like 6 missions in VR. I will still buy it at some point. Just hoping they will improve it, and make the full game aviable in VR. Else I may buy it at some dicounted price at some point.

If you haven’t checked them out, read these:

Personal opinion, it’s worth the price for the experience.

I love this game in VR, but if you don't already own a PS5, you're looking at $1100 or so to get both. Granted, I spent over that on my rig + VR setup, but I already had a PS5. But it does kind of suck being locked to VR exclusively in the PS ecosystem, RE8 is great but yeah the only other game I've played other than GT7 in VR. I really hope that some future sims add PSVR2 support.

Since you'd be making a large purchase, if you already have a VR capable gaming PC, it might be worth it to go with a VR headset there, you'd have a larger variety of options. GT7 VR really is amazing though, don't want to downplay it but there are downsides tied to the headset itself being console locked.

I do personally think it's worth it and it's my favorite gaming experience this year by a long shot, but I would like to play other sims in VR, but that would require substantial hardware upgrades and a PC headset for me, so for now I'm locked into the PS ecosystem.

Back