GTA: Liberty City Stories - Record Book

• Thread starter Jonas_AH
  • 273 comments
Updated:
  • Added new records from Orion_SR and GTA_Phreak
  • Added screenshots submitted by GTA_Phreak

Orion_SR
Hey! You started a record book and didn't post a link in the main LCS topic. I don't usually check anything beyond my subscriptions and missed the new topic.
Stupid me :ouch:

Max. insane jump distance - 115 m - Orion_SR
Longest face plant - 95.75 m - Orion_SR

I just landed these so I'm sure no glitches were involved. Well, actually - I used the lift bridge glitch to get to the jump with a save without any Blue Hell stats. Since I stumbled across the tunnel drops during my first game, I had to go all the way back to Driving Mr Leone to get around them. Unfortunately, I'm not having any luck finding that 32 m height jump again. I'm fairly sure it's not a glitch since all my warp jumps report 0.00 height.

Thanks for including many of my suggestions for records. I'm not sure that they all need to be recorded in the main list unless more people take up the challenge. I was thinking that Portland Vigilante and See the Sight/Home Sweet Home might be included in a sub-section at the bottom of the list. I wouldn't be surprized if GTA_Phreak took up the challenge of Portland Vigilante, but I don't think it's the kind of thing most people would spend much time on.

So Phreak... Did you buy a PS2 just so you could play LCS?

And is anyone else going to challenge Phreak on some of these records. If no one else distracts him, I won't be able to hold a top score for more than a day or two.

If I get some free time I might try to break some of them.

Updated
  • Added new records from Orion_SR
  • Created a Custom Challenges section at the end of the Achievements and Side Missions section

So Phreak... Did you buy a PS2 just so you could play LCS?

Yeah, - and hopefully VCS as well.

And I wouldn't worry about me beating every record, - I'm still struggling with the PS2 controller.
It seems to be designed for someone with hands much smaller than mine :banghead:
Had to put a "guard" over the triangle button, or I would bail every other time I went for the brakes :ill:

I watched your vigilante video, it looks very convincing. I've got problems even doing simple drive-by's, so your record is probably safe.

Before this turns into pure spam:

Fastest lap on Wi-Cheetah Run - 1:38 - GTA Phreak (Not p1 yet)
Fastest time on Wi-Cheetah Run - 3:21 - GTA Phreak

Using Yakuza Stinger, - I was hoping to beat that with a different car but the closest so far is 3:26 with a Banshee (going mostly sideways :scared: ) Still a few cars to try though.

Attachments

• Wi-Cheetah.jpg
    Wi-Cheetah.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 16
Just firming up a few solid times to shoot for with the Sanchez.

Fastest lap on Course 7 - 0:25 - Orion_SR
Fastest time on Course 7 - 1:18 - Orion_SR

Fastest lap on Course 8 - 0:30 - Orion_SR
Fastest time on Course 8 - 1:35 - Orion_SR

Fastest lap on Course 9 - 0:23 - Orion_SR
Fastest time on Course 9 - 1:12 - Orion_SR

Fastest lap on Course 10 - 0:22 - Orion_SR
Fastest time on Course 10 - 1:08 - Orion_SR

Kgs of Explosives used - 350 - Orion_SR

Hitmen wasted - 32 - Orion_SR

The Portland Vigilante video mission took 20 minutes to complete, it shows my slow and methodical method fairly well. But to get down to under 15 minutes I had use what I consider to be reckless tactics like smashing head on into the targets, and at the same time keep the same car alive for the whole mission.

If small_fryz ever gets the game he will give you guys a run on the races-- I don't have alot of time to play (3 kids now) -- I did improve my jump height to 25 meters yesterday but forgot to save or get a screenie-- I should be able to repeat it-- found a good spot.

Orion-- are your "warp" jumps "super jumps"-- you didn't post huge spins so I'm assuming they are something different then say a teleport superjump... which tend to still give big spins-- my best in VC being about 40,000 degrees..

Best lap/time on Deimos Dash - 1:27 (Banshee) - Jonas_AH
Best lap on Torrington TT - 1:03 (PCJ 600)- Jonas_AH

Updated:
  • Added new records by Jonas_AH

I'm not exactly clear about the super jump concept. The best example of my Blue Hell jumps can be seen at the end of the Blue Heaven Video where I repeatedly jump an Esperanto out the end of the abandoned subway tunnel and warp back inside the unfinshed tunnel to try again. To get some extra flips and rotation I smashed into the construction equipment. The best I was able to score was 3 flips, 941º rotation, about 100 or so meters in distance for the triple stunt, and then the warp always scores the perfect landing. I've since been able to equal each of these stats without warps.

During my explorations of the LCS tunnel system, I occasionally fell off the tunnels while driving a vehicle and noted the distance of the warps. The distance is directly related to the warp destination, and must somehow calculate the jump origin, but the warp origin also plays a role I can't quite figure out. Anyway, the scores I posted for Blue Hell distance and face plant are mostly a measure of my longest warps.

I haven't spent much time trying to pad my stats in GTA beyond the surface level except for some racing in SA. Maybe you know some tricks that you'd be willing to share. For instance, how do you pull of such high scores for rotation?

Also, has anyone managed to score the elusive quaduple stunt? For that matter, is there a known formula for calculating the insane stunts? And what are the minimum stats for each catagory? Can a very large score in any one catagory lead to a double or triple stunt? Currently I'm working on the hypothesis that the insane jumps are scored when the minimum is met in the 4 catagories, but I don't have good numbers yet.

Minimum insane distance, 38<67? m
Minimum insane height, >17.2? m
Minimum insane flips, 2
Minimum insane rotation, 360º? (220º<Rotation<437º)

Went looking for some jumps, - although it seems I'm best at doing faceplants :crazy:

Max insane jump distance - 119.27 m. - GTA Phreak
Max insane jump rotation - 1230° - GTA Phreak

The flips / rotation stat seems to be a bit glitchy, - occasionally you get some from just going beyond vertical during the jump !?

Attachments

• jumpdist.jpg
    jumpdist.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 8
  • rotat.jpg
    rotat.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 22
Superjumps are more caused by the vehicle getting stuck and I believe causing some type of conflict with the collision data (too much stuff in one spot) resulting in the the vehicle being flung-- however in the Phils place superjump from VC-- in the same place you get the traditional superjump you will sometimes just get teleported to an insane height and will be spinning rapidly--

When this occurs the teleport does not give you any height stats (the height of the teleport is considered your starting point) however you will usually bounce and the bounces are nearly as high as the initial jump--

You can read more on superjumps by clicking the link in my sig-- I posted some vids I took and there is a link to Rimjaws site that has more vids--- thate is where I learned to do them...

There are 4 superjumps in VC (I never did the diving board one) and one more in GTA:III. Fot the VC ones you need to be morphed--- the packer one can be done on the PC version of the game as well as PS2 (I actually learned that off of someone playing the PC version-- they had never heard of superjumps)

There are a couple of teleport ones in SA but they aren't that impressive.. someone got a couple of traditional ones in SA off of Chilliad but no body was able to repeat them-- I personally didn't believe it-- he posted 206 flips (using a quad bike after getting it stuck in some rocks)-- he did it a couple of times so apparently it wasn't a glitch but several of us tried for many hours to get one without sucess.

I tried repeating the III one in LCS but it doesn't seem to work the same way-- there are some vids of this on RimJaws site-- some impressive ones..mine were mostly pretty lame-- I never made it over to Staunton but had a few fairly high ones... I never posted a vid of one.

I really haven't worked on my rotations yet on LCS (the ones I have were in trying to get my height stats so far)-- but high rotation ones will most certainly be having to bounce off a vehicle right after hitting a jump-- something like my 4900 degree rotation I got in VC-- there should be a vid of it in the VC recordbook after the record (link next to stat rather then a picture)-- I think the manchez might be a good bike for rotation.

My 3 flips was done with a car-- a cheetah or infernus I think... caught a lucky bounce...

The bike flip thing seems to be a bit forgiving-- Tony seems to stick to the bike better then Tommy did...

Regarding the formula for jumps-- I bet there is for both insane jumps, double, and triple and the money-- I thought about trying to work it out using some algebra (solving simultaneous equations with multiple variables)-- would have to collect a fair amount of data of jumps all the stats and just sit down and do it.... I imagine its possible but never tried.

More Bump & Grinds on a Sanchez. Nothing fancy, just cleaning up the slack.

Fastest lap on Course 4 - 0:20 - Orion_SR
Fastest time on Course 4 - 1:02 - Orion_SR

Fastest lap on Course 5 - 0:24 - Orion_SR
Fastest time on Course 5 - 1:17 - Orion_SR

Fastest lap on Course 6 - 0:24 - Orion_SR
Fastest time on Course 6 - 1:19 - Orion_SR

BTW, I'll post screenshots when things settle down and we see what ends up in first place. Then our host won't need to manage extra attachments and links.

It would seem that I am not doing super jumps, just simple warps.

I've thought about decoding the payout for the insane jumps, but the money doesn't really matter. I was more interested in the minimum requirements and how they add up to doubles, triples, and maybe even quaduples. However, I've never seen a credible report of a quaduple insane stunt, even with glitches. Is it even possible?

I doubt it.. in VC and III, surely one of the superjumps would have yielded a quadruple if they existed.....

I believe they are a combination of spins and or flips to achieve double and triples... not sure of the minimums for each.. the "perfect" in III and LCS have to do with the landings....

I did play a little today and retried that jump-- the best I got was 22.65 meters (I took a screenie of the brief page)-- my stats say 22.00 due to the round down.... I will post it after I get it off my camera.... I am curious as to where one gets a 32 meter jump...

Jump height
22.65 meters - Spuds725

Rounding out the set of Bump & Grinds with a Sanchez

Fastest lap on Course 1 - 0:12 - Orion_SR
Fastest time on Course 1 - 0:44 - Orion_SR

Fastest lap on Course 2 - 0:19 - Orion_SR
Fastest time on Course 2 - 1:02 - Orion_SR

Fastest lap on Course 3 - 0:20 - Orion_SR
Fastest time on Course 3 - 1:03 - Orion_SR

And because GTA_Phreak is up to his old tricks again...

Max insane jump distance - 122 m. - Orion_SR

I'm a little curious about the 32 m height jump as well. I came across something while working on your game % question and worked it up a little, but I can't remember where. It's a Home Sweet Home Save with only a couple of the SSV jumps completed. I know I used some warps to get around, but I don't think the 32 m is from a warp.

Jump rotation

2608 degrees - Spuds725

:D

I was actually trying for rotation-- not really having alot of luck but did manage another about 1800 degrees-- most others were alot less...

Most time left on Wong Side of the Tracks - 0:31 - Orion_SR

Damn that race is frustratingly difficult to run with speed. But I figured out the trick; blue bikes stay on the track better than bikes of other colors - go figure. Oh, yeah. It's also important not to slam full speed into the L-train. Anyway, I think it is no longer possible to fall and still score 1st place in this race.

The minumum distance for insane jumps appears to be about 40 meters. It doesn't seem to matter if the jump has a perfect landing or not. The bikes don't seem to travel as far when the nose of a bike is lifted during the jump in order to blow the perfect landing (a longer lead in is required for the same distance as a flat jump).

The scoring for double insane jumps doesn't seem to be as simple as meeting the minimum requirements for two catagories. Or maybe my estimate of 360 rotation is incorrect. On a couple of occasions I didn't score the double with more than 40 m distance, and about 500 rotation.

And because GTA_Phreak is up to his old tricks again...

Max insane jump distance - 122 m. - Orion_SR

Grrr...

Max insane jump distance - 124.88 - GTA Phreak :sly:

I'm reaching the limit on that jump, - only a couple of meters left before it gets wet.

A time for the last street race:

Fastest lap on Red Light Racing - 0:30 - GTA Phreak
Fastest time on Red Light Racing- 1:35 - GTA Phreak
Using Manchez.

How do you race B&G courses 1-9 on a Manchez ???
I seem to be stuck on course #10 with the Manchez.
Is there a way to get the Manchez before doing B&G ?

Edit: I used improper formatting for these screenshots and have since modified my gallery, so the thumbnails are unlikely to lead to the correct image.

Max insane jump distance - 129.55 - Orion_SR

Okay, this is a little awkward, but here's a batch of screenshots for the records.

Hitmen 32 and Kgs of Explosives 350

Bump & Grinds with Sanchez

Highest score in Scooter Shooter - 10 - Orion_SR

Scooter Shooter 10 and Max Air 22 (glitchy)

Insane Height 32 m

Insane Distance [Blue Hell] 423

Face Plant [Blue Hell] 299 m

Face Plant 95

Wong Side 0:31

Kills in Slash TV - 225 - Orion_SR

SlashTV 255

I still think this stat is really glitchy, but at least I got my best distance going for a long jump rather than the short hop on to the tracks.

Most air achieved - 26 - Orion_SR

Note it just says 26. Not 26 meters. 26 of what unit?

Surely you noticed the (m) after Most air achieved in the stats menu?

26 is pretty damn good, same place i told, how i did it?
Let me guess a jump from 22 to 26?

I gotta get back into this game, so many good games have came out recently.:)

Whats your best jump distance going off of mafia hill going down to the docks in portland?

Updated:
  • Added new records by Orion_SR
  • Added screenshots submitted by Orion_SR

Next time you submit records and screens in the same post, please place the records first and then the screens? Thx

My rotation screenie-- my only record that may seem unbelievable... when everything settles down and if I still have #1's I'll gladly post screenies...

my height screenie is attached to this post... sorry I posted wrong last time... 22.62 m not 22.65 m...

Attachments

• LCHEIGHT.JPG
    LCHEIGHT.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 18
Screenshot Formats: I'm going to experiment with a few methods for posting screenshots. There is no new information. Perhaps we should discuss the merits of each method and our host can decide on the preferred format(s).

This screenshot is attached and displayed in-messege using the attach markup tags from the vB Code List. Two more images are attached to illustrate the difficulty in describing multiple end-attachments in a single message.

WongSide31.jpg

This thumbnail was copied from my User Album in the new Gallery feature. However, the links are formatted using Album # and Position #, so I'm worried they will get mixed up if I reoganize the album.

I was hoping to find a vB tag for the Gallery images - maybe they'll add that feature. I can't seem to find a direct link to images in my Gallery, but GTA_Phreak figured it out a while back so I'll post his pic instead.

Edit: It looks like Phreak has deleted the old image.

Galleries and Attachements both use some of the limited user storage available on GTPlanet. Fortunately the new Gallery feature has prompted an increase in user storage. The images are stored locally and are not dependent on outside servers. The Gallery allows detailed descriptions and a method for quickly viewing the images of a specific user.

The other default message option for images is to use Imageshack to host the files. Below is an example from Spuds. We made extensive use of Imageshack thumbnails in the GTA: San Andreas Record Book - PC. Images hosted by Imageshack don't use local resources, and most of their servers are up most of the time.

(Below: multiple attachments might make it difficult to associate the image with a record.)

Attachments

• InsaneDist129-55.jpg
    InsaneDist129-55.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 8
  • InsaneHeight32.jpg
    InsaneHeight32.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 8
Surely you noticed the (m) after Most air achieved in the stats menu?

26 is pretty damn good, same place i told, how i did it?
Let me guess a jump from 22 to 26?

I gotta get back into this game, so many good games have came out recently.:)

Whats your best jump distance going off of mafia hill going down to the docks in portland?

Yeah, I guess I noticed the (m), but my frustration with that stat is leaking. I tried to open a discussion about the glitchyness of Most air achieved in the main LCS topic, but I suspose there is no risk of being off topic here as the discussion relates directly to record keeping. Anyway...

Glitch Factor 1: I took a Manchez over the unique jump outside of the race and noted insane stunt distance in the 40 to 50 "insane meter" range. The same jump for the most air stat during the race usually reported a distance of about 16 to 18 "air meters".

Glitch Factor 2: A short hop onto the track will occasionaly report a 22 air meter jump. Jumps to other parts of the track vary in the 11 to 16 range. A medium jump onto the track, a bounce, a fall to the ground, and a slip or crash are likely to throw up a string of 9-14 air meter scores.

Glitch Factor 3: My 26 air meter jump was landed when I gave up poking around on the track and started focusing on distance again. Eventually I made a mistake and landed a little short but scored an unusually high air meter distance. So I kept poking around with landing in the same general area until I was satisfied that 26 was a worthy score to report.

Glitch Factor 4: The stat may or may not display below the score for Bump & Grinds course 10. This display glitch comes and goes, and I don't know why or how to fix it.

I took another look at the St Marks bribe jump off of "Mafia Hill" when Phreak join the insane distance battle, but after a couple of attempts I figured it would never beat 119 and went looking for something else. I've had to find a new jump every time he posts a score. I don't think I can extend my current jump without getting wet. My other jump isn't limited by water, but it's got a terrible lip and is difficult to hit with proper form and maximum speed.

I would prefer that the direct link to the image is posted. That makes it easy for me to just copy the link and post it by the record.

I can't seem to find a direct link to images in my Gallery, but GTA_Phreak figured it out a while back so I'll post his pic instead.
Right click on the image in the gallery, choose Properties and the image link is there.

Back