GTDesigned: A Community Vision GT Project

We'll going to add a series of poll for 3 days, for now the layout

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Seeing a lot of 917 at the rear, the front has the more modern nose shape similar to a Peugeot 908 HDi FAP, or indeed a TS030. The car is very Can-Am alike overall with an LMP influence. I'm seeing, maybe just a lack of sleep today, but 787b in the front pods, mainly the headlights.

A nice looking think overall, and I think it'd look good in GT, especially a nice livery.

You're right on pretty much everything. And good review I like it. :D And btw "A lot of 917 at the rear" :D Actually I used the Nissan 92CP and the 918 as a reference for the suspension :D the front end feels familiar to me; but I can't place the LMP at which it resembles... XD

YAY I placed it! :D Lola B11... kinda; i think I'm on the right tack though. :P
PI49383-hr.jpg

Last edited:
Or just ask Jordan or other poster for a news article. :)

What design are you entering? I think I will lose too :)

Which one is that? There have been so many designs in this thread it's amazing :D
The one in the first pages the road legal lotus elise sized formula car

Redesigning a lot of the car based on previous feedback, but currently at in-laws so won't be able to post til tomorrow. Also i'm not sure why you think wheelbase would effect a car with active suspension, as longer wheelbase only provides resistance to longitudinal weight transfer.

Last edited:
Redesigning a lot of the car based on previous feedback, but currently at in-laws so won't be able to post til tomorrow.
I really liked the way the rear half was, please don't change the rear aero wise; but please make it look less like a Stratos and make something original, and don't have more horsepower than a Group C car. :) I think that would make everyone happy. Even the heavily critical @legacyMACHINE I think. :)

@LosCules24SFA here is my submission, complete with other pics, sorry for that, I guess I can crop it later, lol :lol:

ei9v83.png
Well my submission is like 450 pics. XD (Slide show + 17 second video). I think you should keep it how it is no need to crop it. :) It looks great. :) I'm sure you will have a large portion of votes. :) You won't be in last. :D

@LosCules24SFA My video is an acceptable replacement for a picture right? It's the same size when you embed it. :D

Also @LosCules24SFA This is probably the best thread I have ever been on on GTPlanet. :) Good job :bowdown:

Last edited:
Well my submission is like 450 pics. XD (Slide show + 17 second video). I think you should keep it how it is no need to crop it. :) It looks great. :) I'm sure you will have a large portion of votes. :) You won't be in last. :D

@LosCules24SFA My video is an acceptable replacement for a picture right? It's the same size when you embed it. :D

Also @LosCules24SFA This is probably the best thread I have ever been on on GTPlanet. :) Good job :bowdown:

Yeah that will but do you have at least one picture of your design?

I know about the video and I'll put it in the poll, the reason I ask for a picture is so that everyone that have a slow Internet access can still have a look at the car

Behold! The monster! While visiting the in-laws I had time to rework My GTP VGT submission, creating the VisionGranTurismoPlanet TurboTwin, or VGTP-TT for short. Lower weight, further streamlined, further differentiated from the Statos, and an innovative 2-engine design.

Designed to answer a few questions, like how do we create a turbo two-stroke within the size constraints. As every turbo 2-stroke I've seen so far is actually bigger/heavier than their 4 stroke counterparts, I struggled with the question of how we get the 3 almost contradictory systems (hybrid, turbo and 2 stroke) into a car the size of a miata? The answer? Mounting a V4 Naturally Aspirated engine directly behind the driver and behind that instead of a turbo in the traditional sense, a Turboshaft (based on the Rolls-Royce RR500TS) engine is connected through a CVT to the main driveshaft .

Technically a hybrid, technically a turbo, technically a 2 stroke v4.

The car is generally powered solely by the AAEN Racing based V4 whilst moving through turns to keep engine response nimble. The car also employs the Rolls-Royce turboshaft to deliver an extra 500 HP activated through either the NOS button, or automatically engaging in gears 6 though 8, making the combined output a whopping 800shp. The normal weight of the combined engines would weigh only 300 pounds, but by utilizing the latest in material technology weight can be reduced further to a scant 200-250 pounds (~100kg). The main driveshaft is then mated to an 8 speed sequential manual based on designs from the ZF 8HP90.

Still implementing Active Suspension and advanced ground effects (the narrower power/drivetrain allows for even more exaggerated venturis on either side) and underbody intake, and a larger more active wing, this car should handle well for even the most skittish driver. New features also include active canards placed before the front wheels which transition into the fenders and further streamlined rear wheels.

Other returning features are the ever popular pop-up headlights and rear louvers, and the doors have been changed from gull-wing to suicide doors and a sliding canopy (the entire cockpit canopy slides forward as the doors open for easy access for even the tallest drivers). The driver's seat is placed in the center of the vehicle along the transmission/powertrain line for better weight distribution.

Also the car has a voice. When the door is open the car will tell you in a women's voice "Car door is ajar". When it's running low on fuel it will say "Fuel level is low". It does this because it can. The exhaust is straight pipe tuned for a guttural exhaust note. Imagine Darth Vader making car noises. This will be better than that. Heat generated from braking will be recovered, and sent to the cup holder, turning it into a hotplate. Your coffee will always be warm. Unless it's an iced coffee. If you have a cold drink, the car will know. The heat will go somewhere else. Maybe Canada. It's cold here.

Net Weight (wet) ~ 800kg
Net Power (combined) ~ 800hp
Net Awesome ~ 1.5 trm (totally radical man)

Chakora Wagon.png

Last edited:
Behold! The monster! While visiting the in-laws I had time to rework My GTP VGT submission, creating the VisionGranTurismoPlanet TurboTwin, or VGTP-TT for short. Lower weight, further streamlined, further differentiated from the Statos, and an innovative 2-engine design.

Designed to answer a few questions, like how do we create a turbo two-stroke within the size constraints. As every turbo 2-stroke I've seen so far is actually bigger/heavier than their 4 stroke counterparts, I struggled with the question of how we get the 3 almost contradictory systems (hybrid, turbo and 2 stroke) into a car the size of a miata? The answer? Mounting a V4 Naturally Aspirated engine directly behind the driver and behind that instead of a turbo in the traditional sense, a Turboshaft (based on the Rolls-Royce RR500TS) engine is connected through a CVT to the main driveshaft .

Technically a hybrid, technically a turbo, technically a 2 stroke v4.

The car is generally powered solely by the AAEN Racing based V4 whilst moving through turns to keep engine response nimble. The car also employs the Rolls-Royce turboshaft to deliver an extra 500 HP activated through either the NOS button, or automatically engaging in gears 6 though 8, making the combined output a whopping 800shp. The normal weight of the combined engines would weigh only 300 pounds, but by utilizing the latest in material technology weight can be reduced further to a scant 200-250 pounds (~100kg). The main driveshaft is then mated to an 8 speed sequential manual based on designs from the ZF 8HP90.

Still implementing Active Suspension and advanced ground effects (the narrower power/drivetrain allows for even more exaggerated venturis on either side) and underbody intake, and a larger more active wing, this car should handle well for even the most skittish driver. New features also include active canards placed before the front wheels which transition into the fenders and further streamlined rear wheels.

Other returning features are the ever popular pop-up headlights and rear louvers, and the doors have been changed from gull-wing to suicide doors and a sliding canopy (the entire cockpit canopy slides forward as the doors open for easy access for even the tallest drivers). The driver's seat is placed in the center of the vehicle along the transmission/powertrain line for better weight distribution.

Also the car has a voice. When the door is open the car will tell you in a women's voice "Car door is ajar". When it's running low on fuel it will say "Fuel level is low". It does this because it can. The exhaust is straight pipe tuned for a guttural exhaust note. Imagine Darth Vader making car noises. This will be better than that. Heat generated from braking will be recovered, and sent to the cup holder, turning it into a hotplate. Your coffee will always be warm. Unless it's an iced coffee. If you have a cold drink, the car will know. The heat will go somewhere else. Maybe Canada. It's cold here.

Net Weight (wet) ~ 800kg
Net Power (combined) ~ 800hp
Net Awesome ~ 1.5 trm (totally radical man)

View attachment 274874
Three things: One: A woman's voice is ok but I'd prefer Morgan Freeman's. Two: Net Awesome is the most important figure. Lastly dismiss the haters no amount of power is too much (torque is another story though)

I think he has got it right this time, the 800hp kicking in during the final gears or when needed (No2 button...if I understood correctly that is.)

Three things: One: A woman's voice is ok but I'd prefer Morgan Freeman's. Two: Net Awesome is the most important figure. Lastly dismiss the haters no amount of power is too much (torque is another story though)
Ignore 3. Seriously just ignore it.

"Well, the car door is open now. You can close it, but it's up to you. Life is full of choices. Penguins never close car doors and they get along fine. But their penguins. I've never seen a penguin in a car, but I think it would be wonderful. Anyway, you should definitely close the car door if you're going to drive anywhere. Unless you're a penguin. I'm Morgan Freeman."

I think he has got it right this time, the 800hp kicking in during the final gears or when needed (No2 button...if I understood correctly that is.)
Yeah, sounds like you have it about right. Although my dreams of 7 second quarter miles have been dashed. silly supras and their stupid awesome turbos.

Quick question. Knowing that it's not at all possible to see from the rear inside your car, does your car have side-mounted cameras or side mirrors of some sort?

I know, strange question, but I like knowing details. 👍
I did not think of that issue. XD But yes it has Visible and IR cameras so that you can see in the dark too :) When is teh vote?

Last edited:
Back