GTDesigned: A Community Vision GT Project

We'll going to add a series of poll for 3 days, for now the layout

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Revised model. Overall length now 4 meters, moved rear wheel back to make room for 8 speed transaxle transmission. Added a bit of flares to the side paneling to help channel air over rear fenders.

Tire Diameter: ~ 600mm (23.5 in)
Front Tire Width: ~ 250mm (10 in)
Rear Tire Width: ~ 300mm (12 in)
Length: ~ 4000mm (157 in)
Width: ~ 1800mm (70 in)
Height: ~ 1000mm (39 in)
Weight: ~ 800kg (1763 lbs)
V4 hp: ~ 223 kW (300 bhp)
Turboshaft hp: ~ 372 kW (500 bhp)
Awesomeness: ~ 1.75 TRM (9001 omg)
Chakora Wagon2.png

Last edited:
Revised model. Overall length now 4 meters, moved rear wheel back to make room for 8 speed transaxle transmission. Added a bit of flares to the side paneling to help channel air over rear fenders.

View attachment 275016
I would think that the gearbox would be placed behind the wheels on a MR car.

I would think that the gearbox would be placed behind the wheels on a MR car.
I was thinking that too, but I kind of wanted almost an f1 layout. those numbers are definitely subject to change though, and i can move the wheel forward/use my previous design depending on what people prefer.
Different angle quick-sketch
top down trailer.png

Edit: so when's the vote and stuff?

Last edited:
I just realized why @legacyMACHINE was saying the previous design had too much power. I was playing gt6 today, was taking the stratos around nurb when I realized what he meant. When I drive, I'm never at the cars limit. I'm always short shifting, and I take turns a bit slower than I could. I only do practice mode with all aids off and even though my DFGT doesn't have a clutch pedal I still pretend to clutch and rev match. When I was designing the car I was designing around that style, a car that would be fun and great around a track, but not something meant to be driven to it's very limit, as it's very limit is pretty suicidal. Mind you I still think like 90% of my accidents occur when I do push my car to the limits is from body roll/weight transfer, which wouldn't be there in a car with active suspension, and it still might be a bit boring. But hopefully my last design is intense enough to still thrill whether short shifting nurb at 01:00 or taking the car to it's limits in a time trial around brands hatch. What's everyone else's preference for the car? Should it be a car we drive at it's limits, or just what we can individually manage? I'll tweak my design around the feedback.

All I care is that is able to drift, and still be fun for racing also, but I don't care how it turns out as long as it makes in into the game. I know, I know it probably won't...

@Grandea GTR the national racing colors for the US are white body with blue horizontal racing stripes or dark blue body with white racing stripes. No matter the VGT we decide on both of those would look good

Merry Christmas. I know, it's not even Christmas yet. :lol:

HAVE SOME COLOURS FOR THE GTP-VGT15.

vfyst1.png
I think Ill take Swan white... Ethereal Laguna Pearl... Cerulean Pearl... Bare Carbon... Super Green Pearl... ... Red Wine too... ...and I think that's all...

... :lol: Anyone get it? :P

I think Ill take Swan white... Ethereal Laguna Pearl... Cerulean Pearl... Bare Carbon... Super Green Pearl... ... Red Wine too... ...and I think that's all...

... :lol: Anyone get it? :P
Well, not really :lol:

That's a great idea for colour schemes. The colours of each nations flag, to represent all nations involved in GTP.

Great work @LosCules24SFA look forward to seeing the designs together.
That actually gives me a good idea for all cars in the game. Off-topic, I know, but I think it would be cool if we were able to put up our respective home flags onto our cars like we were able to do with numbers.

I find it funny that morning sky pearl(peril) and black hole are next to each other. :D
Steven Hawkings would be chuckling like a maniac.

I just realized why @legacyMACHINE was saying the previous design had too much power. I was playing gt6 today, was taking the stratos around nurb when I realized what he meant. When I drive, I'm never at the cars limit. I'm always short shifting, and I take turns a bit slower than I could. I only do practice mode with all aids off and even though my DFGT doesn't have a clutch pedal I still pretend to clutch and rev match. When I was designing the car I was designing around that style, a car that would be fun and great around a track, but not something meant to be driven to it's very limit, as it's very limit is pretty suicidal. Mind you I still think like 90% of my accidents occur when I do push my car to the limits is from body roll/weight transfer, which wouldn't be there in a car with active suspension, and it still might be a bit boring. But hopefully my last design is intense enough to still thrill whether short shifting nurb at 01:00 or taking the car to it's limits in a time trial around brands hatch. What's everyone else's preference for the car? Should it be a car we drive at it's limits, or just what we can individually manage? I'll tweak my design around the feedback.
The Stratos size doesn't handle power well, and wheel base is very important for this (See this article by the brilliant Scarbs F1: http://scarbsf1.com/blog1/2010/02/18/why-is-wheelbase-important/) and the weight distribution too. However, adding weight over the front doesn't help, trust me I've tried.

Active suspension would help to an extent but it'd still suffer from handling problems of the old Porsche 911.

I'd say manageable handling is more important than knife edge driving, look at old reviews for the Carrera GT (Like this: ) where it was described as having scary handling because it on a constant knife edge. Now look at the brilliant evo Greatest Analogue Cars review (which includes the Carrera GT) which you can find here http://www.evo.co.uk/videos/superca...ri_f40_vs_analogue_supercar_rivals_video.html and see people appreciate the handling more when they are in control of the thing. Way I see it that'll be the same in the VGT concept.

View attachment 275016
I see a lot of countach in the design somehow

All I care is that is able to drift, and still be fun for racing also, but I don't care how it turns out as long as it makes in into the game. I know, I know it probably won't...

All we just need is a ton of support from the community. A TON of it.

Yeah I used some countach design cues, specifically the front window. The front wedge is a bit of BMW m1 and a bit of the RX500. Has anyone driven the new Infiniti VGT yet? That idea of different engines being tuned to different overlapping powercurves is exactly what my idea is based on. Drive it and imagine it was about 2-3 times as potent, and with an active system a bit like the VIVIZ, although mine is more meant to eliminate body roll in addition to Yaw correction.

Also @legacyMACHINE I worship scarbs btw, so awesome reference. But it's as scarbs says, wheelbase is really only relevant in the aero vs weight discussion, not in handling characteristics. I've built the aerodynamics around this wheelbase length (because i have more options than formula 1 allows in ground effects) while keeping weight as minimal as possible. the only real issue right now is it has a huge rear bias, and most of the downforce from the ground effects and from the wing is on the rear, giving it good handling of acceleration but its a bit prone to understeer ATM. My previous "stratos" design actually was much better balanced. That's why i had to put moving canards before the front wheels, in a desperate attempt to get some weight up there. And honestly that's why i made a system to recover energy from the front wheels to heat a coffee cup. I didn't want a ballast so I figured it might as well have some purpose.

Last edited:
@LosCules24SFA uhh, how much time do I have? is everyone else's car ready? After playing the 1.15 update i wanted to make a few quick revisions but I'm a bit tied up. If I have a few hours than this isn't my final but if I need something now than sure.

Latest Posts

Back