GTDesigned: A Community Vision GT Project

We'll going to add a series of poll for 3 days, for now the layout

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Maybe our vehicle should be made like that of the NISMO GTR LMP, where air flows through the car instead of around it.

Whoa, I missed alot. Sometimes GTPlanet just cuts off the notifications on this thread...

Anywho, I created the front of my own custom iteration, as well as the engine assembly and engine bay of the car.

Now I just gotta get wifi to work right now...

Well, maybe we are sleeping and stalking this thread a little too much.

After Jordan's reaction about the way we are going and we have to find many more contributors for making it a real Community VGT, I was busy with my work (and I still am) and was thinking big ! Thinking like a company...

Companies who wants to launch a new format or a new product, they make market researches if there's enough question to their new product. They make an research/enquette (right word?) with smart questions that will give them an idea who their customers are, what they want and what they miss in several directions.

For the Community VGT, could this be the same strategy ? Making a very large poll, every element of a car (in general) get their own subject with several questions about it, multiple choice and open answer questions to get the best idea what our community wants, together with small written reactions on multiple subjects. Let's say that every open question gets an answer-box of maximum 200 characters?!

At first, we want to know who our (anonymous) contributors are... So the poll will start with a couple of questions about GT and their 'gaming' behaviour + what they think of the VGT project in general.
I don't know if it's right, but I'll take GT-fans, who've been played gt all the time and racing once a week or more, more serious than the contributors that played gt only in the first months after the launch date and only did some laps. I'm afraid there will be a huge amount of ‘Bugatti-fanboys‘ that will fill the poll for another Veyron-ish supercar as the end-result. And we could be a little be corrupt here, because I'm afraid the idea of a Kei-car sized supercar would vanish in this giant poll, we could make the contributors that are serious gt-fans, a little bit more important to give there contribution in the poll a 5 or 10% higher score.

For the engine choice for example, there will be a couple of questions about engine noises, without explaining which engine they hear, we could get a decent result of what the Community wants. Type of engine and amount of cylinders.
The same idea for the head & tail lights. A couple of questions about light techniques and excisting designs could give an image of what they want. Kind of technique, shape and position. For the interior, exactly the same, with photo's of cockpits, questions about huds and other stuff, we get an image of what they want.

All together, with all those results in all the subjects, we could have our car there, with lots of opportunities for the actual designers too sandbox between the boundaries of the chosen car in this poll ? Because you can't make thousands of fans happy, it's the average result that counts.

The poll could be a pdf file, with a couple of sound bits in it. The contributors could save it while they are busy with it and complete it the day after for example. So, my idea is making a poll of + 8 subjects (included the subject where we know our anonymous contributor a little better) and making at least a poll of 4 question per subject. A time consuming poll isn't bad, if the contributors have the chance of having their car in gt6 (7 more likely). We have to make our contributors enthusiasts and they will complete the poll on their own, without asking to much of completing the poll. The sketches by @Nessy , @eran0004 and many others could help in this poll to make the contributors happy and inspire them to complete the poll with their own needs.

Last edited:
I totally agree with you. Especially this
I'm afraid there will be a huge amount of ‘Bugatti-fanboys‘ that will fill the poll for another Veyron-ish supercar as the end-result. And we could be a little be corrupt here, because I'm afraid the idea of a Kei-car sized supercar would vanish in this giant poll
Losing the Super Kei Car would make me sad...

I totally agree with you. Especially this

Losing the Super Kei Car would make me sad...

Me too ! That's why I think an amount of sketches, like the Martini Super Kart from Nessy and the VGT that Eran had so far, could be helpfull to post them in the 'introduction' of the poll. The contributor would desire such a car like that and would complete the poll with one of the sketches still in his mind. We have to make it open, with all the chances we could loose the kei-car-sized-supercar-idea, but it's very normal to steer the people a bit in the direction you want to see them going.

A bit of marketing-psychology there :sly:

In real life I'm good at making people want something they didn't want a few minutes before... I hope, if we do your idea, that you will be persuasive enough to make them want to keep the super kei lol.

The thing is, some people don't like small. They want something sized comparably to the average supercar, or an LMP GT1.

I, myself, am trying to design a car, like @eran0004 and @Nessy , that fits in with the restrictions applied, and I'd say, this is one tough cookie to take a bite from.

Yes, we have to think outside the box....but not too far...*cough*lasers*cough*.

Wait...box..you said box ! I have it !

Image8.jpg

Making a follow up for this funny kit car, the Brubaker box. Better handling, other engine (air cooled vw) and call it the Fan-Van VGT :D

:gtpflag:

Back