GTDesigned: A Community Vision GT Project

We'll going to add a series of poll for 3 days, for now the layout

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes, I made up the specs and Porsche won't be in Gran Turismo, but dont you think that Porsche looks neat?
I mean, yeah, but the way you posted that just misled us so far off, that we had no idea what you were actually going on about.

Please use common sense. Don't throw up just some any old numbers. Next time please instead say something along the lines of "we should base a design off of this" or something similar. and the kind people of this thread will most likely assist you in making the design. :)

CAM00545-1.jpg

Can you clarify this? I'm not really following it at the moment.
Having an adjustable mechanism implies that the need for it isn't constant. You might need it one moment, but not the next. The flow around a car shouldn't change that much with conditions though.

A deeper look into this would involve Reynolds number. Using the calculator here:

http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/reynolds-number-d_237.html

Even at highway speed the car is in turbulent flow. You would only need a turbulent trip at very low speed, maybe 30 mph or less. You wouldn't get any benefit by turning the trip off at higher speed because if you're using it at all, turbulence is helping to lower your drag. Also, turning it off wouldn't set the flow back to laminar.

Thought i'd do a quick rough sketch to bump the thread a little.

(Front view slight variation of the Martini car i did a while back) :

Nothing too special, just playing around with it a bit at the moment.
Looks like a spaceship! :lol:

I see a little Lotus flavour in this design. Between the S1 and the S2 series.

The space under the car isn't that practical, it will lift up the car by high speeds. It would help to make an underfloor that starts behind the front wheels and the air leads to the rear wing that provides a high downforce effect between the 4 wheels, centered and under/besides the driver position.

The space under the car isn't that practical, it will lift up the car by high speeds. It would help to make an underfloor that starts behind the front wheels and the air leads to the rear wing that provides a high downforce effect between the 4 wheels, centered and under/besides the driver position.
Whose design are you directing that to?

Yeah, i see that too, now that i look at it (S1, easily my favorite of the Elise's). And yes i fear it would suffer from lift. Iv'e made a little adjustment to the first sketch, but it's hard to tell what's going on until i tackle it from a few different angles. Made the cockpit slightly wider too, to accommodate a wider shoulder width.. (was looking cramped like a Newey cockpit, in the previous sketch). :lol:

Last edited:
It isn't a shame that the project is on hold at this moment. A good written book isn't written in one take either. We don't have to hesitate this project, because this thread was sleeping for a week or so. That's probably the most productive time for good and creative ideas.

I think most of us are just on the same goal... get this Community Vgt to GranTurismo anyway, anyhow... Time is a bad guideline.

It isn't a shame that the project is on hold at this moment. A good written book isn't written in one take either. We don't have to hesitate this project, because this thread was sleeping for a week or so. That's probably the most productive time for good and creative ideas.

I think most of us are just on the same goal... get this Community Vgt to GranTurismo anyway, anyhow... Time is a bad guideline.
Pretty much this.

We don't have a deadline, so why rush?

It isn't a shame that the project is on hold at this moment. A good written book isn't written in one take either.
I can say the same, it has taken me a good 6 months to write twenty-seven chapters of my book but so far people people are liking it...

(I don't need anymore reviews yet...I'll be sure to tell anyone who wants to know when it is finished & polished though.)

Back