GTP & GTS EXCLUSIVE Gran Turismo 5 Retail Overview (SIXTH final Update)

• Thread starter amar212
  • 1,904 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Amar, I have a couple of questions about GT5:

1) Do the wipers work when it's raining for standard cars or just the premium ones?

2) How much is the Mercedes-Benz CLK-GTR?

1) Do the wipers work when it's raining for standard cars or just the premium ones?

There's no in-car view for standard cars, so I'm not sure that the windshield wipers would even matter for standards. Considering the limitations of standard cars that we already know, I'm guessing they do not have functioning wipers.

If standards do not have cockpit view (confirmed) then there's no way that they could have wipers.

Uuuhm, don't know if anyone has asked already, but as a bumpercam driver, how do you know it starts raining during a race? Since there are only drops of rain visible in cockpit view. Is the only clew you have road surface....?

Keep up the good work. Gr. Paul.

Can You Post Pics Of Standard Dash View And Premium Dash Views Please.
Standard cars don't have dashview
I'm pretty anxious to see his response since, somehow, this is the first time he's learning that standard cars don't have an in-car view. Should be funny.
He's been offline since. Im amazed he doesn't know! Dude's gonna be pissed when he finds out 800 of his cars don't have it. :lol:

Since i can't find a definitive answer to my question in this thread, i will post it for you (reviewer) to read.

Can you transfer something from gt5p to gt5? Or is it just from gtpsp?
Thanks!

Great work, Amar. I hope you'll answer my question. Is it possible to drive standard convertibles with the rooftop down?
I hope so, because my dad has a Mercedes-Benz SLK 230 '99. It's a great car, but it looks even better when the rooftop is down, in my opinion.

oh..oh...pick me *hands up*

You seemed to have answered all my questions apart from one, is there any reward you got for having gt5p, i dunno like 1,000,000 credits maybe? and what exactly can you transfer from the gtpsp? money/cars? licenses?

-Isaac

I disagree.
This game is all about driving.
There are some race trax included for you to drive on.
Or try to.
Standard wheels just aren't up to the mark, and I wholeheartedly agree, but if you fit race wheels/tyres to every car you drive, you won't feel such a significant difference between a Honda Civic, and an Alfa Romeo GT.
If you keep the same wheels/tyres as they have in a showroom, you may just get the impression that the GT is a heavier car, with more understeer, with not so poised, independent rear suspension as the Honda.
I am for example, looking forward to feeling the difference of the FN2 civic to the EP, as one has independent rear, the other does not. It will be the way the game feels to drive that I will enjoy, or not. Racing is something I will do with friends, which will give me even more enjoyment, and I will probably do it in the 200 new cars, but nearly always with the same parameters for each competitor.
The Real Racing Simulator, it is not pertaining to be.

Oh, and I forgot to say, Thanx Amar!

:irked:👍

Sorry to disagree but it is a racing sim and always has been even if it kind of plays itself down by using driving sim in its title.

I however agree with the angle you are taking with your opinions! Its also a game of driving enjoyment not just racing :)

P1080070.jpg

did PD forget that you cant upgrade the brakes in GT5?:sly:

Hi Amar.

Will we be getting a bank holiday in the Uk.
When his royal highness Prince William marries the lovely Kate.

Keep up the good work.

Spag.

Hi Amar.

Keep up the good work.

Spag.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Seriously. Amar, how are the licence tests going?

did PD forget that you cant upgrade the brakes in GT5?:sly:

Actually, it makes sense that they left it out.

Tires stop the car, not the brakes. Aftermarket & perf. brake kits only manage heat better...same with perf. brake pads. Too much heat and the pads start to fade and the fluid starts to boil. Install bigger brakes and it takes more heat to get to that point.

As far as I know, there isn't a game or program out there that can accurately portray brake fade. I should know...I used to design/test these things for a living.

So, if GT5 isn't going to model brake fade...what's the point of adding brake upgrades?

Hi Amar.

Keep up the good work.

Spag.

:lol: Only in England ;)

Also thanks Amar, there are a lot of people enjoying your updates 👍

Amar,

Can you please answer my question, I live in the states and want to purchase a signature edition.can you confirm a language option for english (usa)

I plan on buying it from ebay so I don't know what the game's origin might be

Thank you

Last edited:
Actually, it makes sense that they left it out.

Tires stop the car, not the brakes. Aftermarket & perf. brake kits only manage heat better...same with perf. brake pads. Too much heat and the pads start to fade and the fluid starts to boil. Install bigger brakes and it takes more heat to get to that point.

As far as I know, there isn't a game or program out there that can accurately portray brake fade. I should know...I used to design/test these things for a living.

So, if GT5 isn't going to model brake fade...what's the point of adding brake upgrades?

I disagree

More pistons in the larger brakes provides more braking force on the pads and you increase the pad contact area with bigger discs. The contact area of the disk and the total surface area the pad covers per rotation of the disk.

Yes you could say the pistons may have a smaller diameter if you have more, but they can apply a more evenly distributed force onto the disk than a single piston floating caliper.

Also with the bigger disk, it takes less braking effort to slow the disk down as the pad is travelling further per rotation than the smaller diameter disk.

I disagree

More pistons in the larger brakes provides more braking force on the pads and you increase the pad contact area with bigger discs. The contact area of the disk and the total surface area the pad covers per rotation of the disk.

Yes you could say the pistons may have a smaller diameter if you have more, but they can apply a more evenly distributed force onto the disk than a single piston floating caliper.

Also with the bigger disk, it takes less braking effort to slow the disk down as the pad is travelling further per rotation than the smaller diameter disk.

I agree, Brakes are first thing you need to add to your car if you want to go faster on track

I disagree

but if you can lock the tires up, then you can lock the tires up.

All better brakes are gonna do if you can lock the tires up is allow you to brake hard time after time. The cheapest brakes in the cheapest cars these days will lock up the tires.

Better brakes just do better at managing the heat.

I disagree

That's great and all and true as well, but how do you implement these benefits into a game? If we assume that there is no brake fade in GT5 and even the smallest disc brakes are capable of locking up wheels, even if they are on slick tyres, then the benefits of big brake kits would barely be noticeable.

I agree, Brakes are first thing you need to add to your car if you want to go faster on track

Disagree.. If your car is slow and doesn't accelerate from corner to corner fast enough, there will never be enough heat buildup to justify the purchase of a brake kit.

I find it odd you're talking about wheel lock as an option for stopping a car. It should be something you grow out of very quickly and then never needs mentioning in regards to how it affects performance.

So is it correct to assume that damage model is rubbish or Amar hasn't respond to this yet? I know he said he hasn't "encountered" damage but how hard is it to crash a car?

obviously that isn't the best way to stop. But it's obvious that if you can lock the brakes then you've exceeded the level of grip available at the tires. Therefore, your brakes are stronger than the grip of your tires needs, and the only thing that better brakes are going to do is manage heat.

That's great and all and true as well, but how do you implement these benefits into a game? If we assume that there is no brake fade in GT5 and even the smallest disc brakes are capable of locking up wheels, even if they are on slick tyres, then the benefits of big brake kits would barely be noticeable.

Disagree.. If your car is slow and doesn't accelerate from corner to corner fast enough, there will never be enough heat buildup to justify the purchase of a brake kit.

If your car is slow and doesn't accelerate from corner to corner fast enough, you are not going to drive it on race track

So is it correct to assume that damage model is rubbish or Amar hasn't respond to this yet? I know he said he hasn't "encountered" damage but how hard is it to crash a car?

The thing is, how would you like it, you got GT5 playing and out of good will updates us. Then he is asked loads of questions, I'll rather play GT5 my way and answer questions that I can than crash cars unnescesarily for the sake of other people.

Sure I want to know about the damage but it is up to Amar ande if he doesn't...... 5 days :dopey:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back