The FAQs thread: Post Your GT5 Questions Here (UPDATED WITH NEW ANSWERS)

• Thread starter PSNgamer
  • 64 comments
This thread is dedicated for user FAQs, post all your GT5 questions here and hopefully someone who has the game will answer them.

Note: To ease navigation for the user who might browse the FAQs to answer them, post the questions in different colours. For example, this post is in black, so post the one after it in red, and the one after that in green then the one after that in black and so on.

UPDATE: Some FAQs from this thread and their answers:

DoctorFouad
What about AI ? a lot better than Prologue ?

Here are Amar212's impressions on the AI so far:

amar212
Regarding AI, here is my answer to same question I made on NeoGaf forums:

Before answering I have to elaborate on this.

I am a 100% clear racer and I try to drive racing simulations as I would drive the car in RL. I also do not tend to exploit the physics and tracks (going crazy over kerbs, going off-track and over shortcuts, passing on impossible places and so on).

Said that, I was amazed with AI in GT5: Prologue because it was the most convincing AI that I ever witnessed in any video game. Of course, during Mission test you had to make few dirt moves in order to pass the tests (especially on One Lap Magic tests on Pro physics), but if you'd settled your own race with 20 laps and then try to race 100% clean - including taking no shortcuts and such - it was a breathtaking race experience.

I know many people didn't dig Prologue's AI, although I can't understand why.

I find AI of GT5 advanced over Prologue, especially in blocking procedures. Also, AI drivers make mistakes and they fight among themselves - which makes for some great moments. However, they will brake on time if you're in front of them (no more GT-GT4 bumping), when you pass they'll try to regain position on the very fair manner and so on.

In short - in my personal book, GT5 have the best AI routines I've ever seen in genre so far.

only100nissans?
Can you change the wheels on standard cars?

Here's Amar212's answer regarding this question:

amar212
One of the most repeated questions is about changing rims on Standard cars. No, Standard cars can't have their rims changed. Period. Forever. Sorry guys, but there are more than 200 Premiums waiting to have their rims changed, and I guess it is lots of dirty hands to be washed after only that number. Imagine 1031, no hands can sustain so much degreaser and soap And no, really no, Standards do not have interiors too.

hummer3379
please at least tell me that drifting is still in gt5???

Amar's answer to this question is also here:

amar212
Drift mode (in GT Life mode only to be found in Practice section at this moment) can be executed as Section or Full-Lap drift. I can't wait for first serious drift videos of all great drifters there, it will be a treat.

Now here are some interesting unanswered FAQs that still need to be answered:

R9NALD9
I only want to know one thing: Is it possible to race against the AI on your created tracks?

Please answer this

CopenKagan
How many credits do you start out with? I'm hoping I have more than 10,000 this time around. Maybe 20,000?

johngt
Has anyone heard anything concrete about transferring cars/money from GT5P/GTPSP to GT5?

alcap1
I know standard cars have no cockpit view and no windscreen wipers.
My question:
are we able to switch on/off headlights and high beam when we race at night with standard cars or are headlights automatically on?

Thanks

I hope you got the answer to your question, if not, you can post it in this thread and I'll do my best to update the thread with the answer when new information comes along. :)

Last edited:
1- what about damage (compared to demos), visual + mechanical.

2- What about dirt on cars ?

3- Which tracks allow 16 cars at once ? and which ones allow only 12, 10 or 8 ?

4- What about AI ? a lot better than Prologue ?

5- Sound ?

6- what are the main differences between standard and premium cars ?

Rims on standard cars and that museum feature?

that will most likely end a lot of "is there other leaked version?" questions

I don't see why we cant ask questions in the tread were its taking place. I never really understood that. If the info is being post in that tread the questions should be asked there.

Posted this a few minutes ago in amar's thread before I saw this one was created.

I don't have a G27 unfortunately and all my friends have either G25, DFGT or Fanatec models.

Oh that's interesting for me! Does one of your friends have a Fanatec GT3 RS v1? And in that case, does the wheel work properly?

By the way, great job and thanks for sharing instead of playing non-stop for 24h:lol:.

Cheers.👍

cosmetic and mechanical damage. that's all i want to know.
a) they showed off amazing damage on Bestbuy kiosk demos, on TGS, PAX, Gamescom, E3, etc.

b) suddenly tekken's and RDK's copies show little to no damage on both premiums and standards

so what is it?!

The G25 doesn't have alot of buutons is that an issue in GT5 with working wipers flash beams horns etc.....

Rims on standard cars and that museum feature?

that will most likely end a lot of "is there other leaked version?" questions

Yeah, I'm curious about that too, in your version of GT5, were you able to put rims on standard cars? That's all I want to know :)

Thanks again.

Yeah, I'm curious about that too, in your version of GT5, were you able to put rims on standard cars? That's all I want to know :)

Thanks again.

On the first menu videos from the other guy, there was a standard Shelby that had different wheels from the stock ones. It has been stated that it won´t be possible, and I don´t think it will be possible, but Its cool to keep hopes up.

I have a question.

Is this thread needed?

It sure is. The game isn't even out yet and I see questions being repeated all the time.

If the OP went through the trouble of actually organizing the questions and answers in the first post, this could be stickied.

How many credits do you start out with? I'm hoping I have more than 10,000 this time around. Maybe 20,000?
In the vidoes we've seen it says "Cr. 20,000" So I'm guessing that it is infact 20K.

My Question: Do standard cars get dirty? Do you have to be off-road to get your car dirty? (In a Le Mans or NASCAR race the cars get oil, dust and rubber all over them even though they are on paved roads)

Please tell me anything you can about GT5 online. Im especially interested in the online leaderboards and what options the host has when setting up a private room.

So far from those who have the game, Amar, RDK and a limited few others, it appears to be 20k to start, fixed new car manufacturers and approximately 10 tests per license.

what about dynamic weather?

Does weather change during race and we can change tire in slick, intermediate or heavy rain?

I know NOT in all track but i hope it's possible and dynamic weather exist
at least in some tracks!

Back