GTP WRS-Online : Event 38 : Monaco Trophy Cup - May 30

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 153 comments
Used Kevin's offline tune (:cheers:) with max ride height and did a 1'39.778. Drives quite nicely with almost no over or understeer. Looks like a one stopper all the way, the car is very light on its tires

I noticed in the few laps I tried online with the car trying to get a feel for the car online with the usual lower online grip, the car was spinning in Mirabeau Bas when I got caught off guard, and a few minor slides around Nouvelle and Rascasse.

Good offline tunes usually doesn't mean good online tunes. In this case, like I've mentioned, running Kevin's tune with ride height max on both front and back is enough to get the car well balanced again.

As for the Mirabeau Bas, try adjusting the line a little bit so that you do not take too much of the kerb on the inside. I had the same issue but a slight change in line made me more consistent.

Beaten by gooners, yet again. :P

Originally I had said:
Did you still have Kev's high-front/low-rear tune on it? That is bad for online, and take note of the other things Kev said before you post as well. 👍 I bet someone will post an online tune fairly soon.

I registered for the EU event.
If it came down to me to split the rooms, you can go ahead and ignore my entry.
Will have to find time to practise a bit though.

I registered for the EU event.
If it came down to me to split the rooms, you can go ahead and ignore my entry.
Will have to find time to practise a bit though.

Unless we have a rush of sign ups having to split the room is unlikely. It would take 5 of the 6 reserves showing up... they are reserve for a reason so I assume the probably for each is not close to 90%.

In any case we will make that call on Wednesday morning... If there are 16 or less confirmed drivers at that time we are not going to split up the room regardless of the number of reserves. Reserves will get grid spots first come first serve after all the confirmed drivers are guaranteed their spots.

Also, if we believe there will be more than 12 drivers (looks likely for EU) then we'll host the race in GTP_3D3_A with mics disabled.

Can someone pretty please send me a Clio Renault Sport Trophy Race Car '00. Don't care the colour, extra hugs and kisses if it's already run in at 307hp :D

I can't offer many cars/suits or helmets in return (I dont do car collecting or single player races in GT) but I can offer my setup + lap times for this race. :D.

Send to either small_fryz or Gtp_small_fryz. Please pm me if you need a friend request accepted as I live on my pc but not ps3 :lol:

Cheers.

Hi guys,

will there be a practice session tonight?
I'm in if there is one.

Also a few mini-races like last week would be nice I guess.

Yeah there will be a practice room up tonight, same time as last week. Room will be opened around 7/8pm BST.

Last edited:
I got the car!!

Edit, ran a 39.5 online after 40mins or so.
Any good?? It's quite far off the WRS times :(

Last edited:
Small_Fryz
I got the car!!

Edit, ran a 39.5 online after 40mins or so.
Any good?? It's quite far off the WRS times :(

Faster than me! Gooners posted a 1'39.7 above and did well in the TT so you should be in good shape.

If Lin and Pekka make the eu race we will have 7 D1 drivers in the race... I think that would be a record for our series. :scared:

I'll be on the "don't get lapped and stay out of the way" strategy. I'll keep checking the walls for any weak spots and alert race control... I can identify a compromised wall by the unique sound it makes when my Clio bangs into it. :dopey:

Same here WRP, I will try to not interfere with the fast people :)
I hope that this time I don't feel the pressure so much.
Last week was the first WRS Race for me and I was very nervous before the start :)

39.5 is a very fast time, at least for me. I invested well over 6 hours in this event and could even get near that time, so well done in 40 minutes ;)

What I remember from the Monza race is that the difference between div 1-3 isn't that big anyway.
(well, not counting the div 1 golds perhaps ;) )

Thanks guys :).

Also comes down to that chicane.. I take it 2 wheels must touch the curb at all times?
I wont make practice tomorrow but I'll have another run after I get back from work. Anyway, here are my settings for anyone interested.

5D2Eu.jpg

Havnt touched LSD, probs should be 5/12/20 or something similar.

Also comes down to that chicane.. I take it 2 wheels must touch the curb at all times?

No, there are special rules this week inherited from the TT. No part of the car may be inside the chicane:

EDK
Race Specifics:

• No contact with walls or other objects. (Including cones and brake markers) Any contact with walls, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ.
  • All Hard Surfaces Are Track, Except Noted Below
  • Special Rules Apply in the Chicane!
  • 4 Wheels must Remain in Contact With or Directly above Track Surface at All Times
  • Red and White Rumble Strips are Track
  • Tarmac Inside Rumbles in the Chicane is NOT TRACK
  • Pictures Below Detail In and Out of Bounds

CtedAzur-1.jpg

Clean Run - Inside Wheels on Rumble

CtedAzur_2-2.jpg

Dirty Run - Some Contact Surface Over Inner Chicane Tarmac - Behind View

CtedAzur_3-2.jpg

Dirty Run - Some Contact Surface Over Inner Chicane Tarmac - Front View

CtedAzur_4-1.jpg

Dirty Run - Some Contact Surface Over Inner Chicane Tarmac - Side View

Now we know it's nearly impossible to race this course for an hour and not touch a wall or make a mistake -- this isn't a time trial and we are not going to comb over every inch of the replay. The important thing for the online race is that drivers do not benefit from mistakes or exhibit a pattern of "mistakes". Which is why I wrote up the Stewards notes in the OP:

Stewards Notes
We will be following the special chicane rules from the time trial meaning you must keep all four tires on or inside the rumble at all times. If you cut the chicane during qualifying you will be expected to lift for 2 seconds or the lap time will be disallowed. Repeated and clear abuse of the chicane during the race will result in a 3 second penalty per incident. If you find yourself well over the rumbles during the race you can avoid a post race penalty by letting off the gas on exit for 2 seconds. If there is traffic behind you, you should not lift until after the exit of the chicane, pulling to the left so as not to hold up traffic behind you, but must do so before braking for the next turn (left). Enjoy. 👍

In other words if you clearly cut your expected to give back time if you gained any. If you slide under braking and lose time in the process that doesn't count obviously. If it's a close call and it's not a pattern just keep going and make sure your next runs through there are not as close.

Drivers in this series have *never* had a serious issue with cutting so I don't expect any issues, but just documented this to make clear what the expectation is from the stewards.

Last edited:
Watching the GP on Sunday, I noticed that all we are asking people to do is the same thing the F1 drivers are asked to do. The conventional line puts their right front tire on the corner of the rumble strip. Any different line through there is a result of a mistake, and they are expected not to gain an advantage from it.

You don't see them putting 2 wheels on the tarmac inside the rumble.

The main 3D3 lounge is open for "Monaco Trophy Cup" practice.

Twissy is in the lounge now running laps (fast no doubt, but didn't check)... I'll be AFK for an hour, but hoping to get some laps in after getting some work done.

Saw a question in the lounge, but was away and didn't get to answer, but to answer...

There are NO required pit stops in this race. If you can make it all 33 laps on one set of tires then go for it. It's states in the OP details post that Pits are "Open & Optional".

However, if a driver uses the walls to slow down or redirect because he is out of tires or to save tires he will be DQ'd.

33 Laps on RH tires? Almost an entire hour straight?
I'd be shocked and ultimately impressed if anyone can do that and still finish within 1 lap.
Sounds like a Wesley Challenge to me 👍

33 Laps on RH tires? Almost an entire hour straight?
I'd be shocked and ultimately impressed if anyone can do that and still finish within 1 lap.
Sounds like a Wesley Challenge to me 👍
No, no, I do want to try to win this week.;)

No, no, I do want to try to win this week.;)

Oh come on, be sporting.... I'll force everyone that races to send you 5 pink paint chips each if you pull it off :lol:

The whole race on one set of tires?

I was thinking 20 laps maybe....

Edit: I'm really thinking about getting better pedals. Probably just the basic Fanatec pedal set they have now. Figure it would be easier to get a new set than to continue taking my current ones apart and lubricating the potentiometers every month. Not sure yet....

Last edited:
Oh come on, be sporting.... I'll force everyone that races to send you 5 pink paint chips each if you pull it off :lol:
In that case... :sly::lol:

I won't be at NA practice at the normal scheduled time... baseball game... maybe the last of the season and then post game party... I will probably be on about 8:30 PM Pacific tonight at the earliest.

I didn't get anywhere close to 1'39 in practice today... mid 1'40 was about all I could manage and even those weren't that common. More common were frustrating taps of the wall killing all my momentum. :mad:

I think I had 2 or 3 laps where I was almost to the 1'39s. Most of my laps were in the 1'41s so at least I was consistent when the car wasn't sliding due to tires wearing out.

I just know my fastest lap of the session was about 1.5 seconds off the time Twissy had set early on.

?? Are you getting an error message :confused:
Just the normal "Failed to create room" message. I've taken the time to go and do seasonals I haven't done since I'm getting short on credits as well. Maybe I'll be able to get in once I'm done with those.

Edit: Now I'm in with no problems this time.

Last edited:
Just the normal "Failed to create room" message. I've taken the time to go and do seasonals I haven't done since I'm getting short on credits as well. Maybe I'll be able to get in once I'm done with those.

Edit: Now I'm in with no problems this time.

Good to hear 👍
May join you in there shortly.

Back