GTP WRS-Online : Event 38 : Monaco Trophy Cup - May 30

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 153 comments
Unless we have a rush of sign ups having to split the room is unlikely. It would take 5 of the 6 reserves showing up... they are reserve for a reason so I assume the probably for each is not close to 90%.

In any case we will make that call on Wednesday morning... If there are 16 or less confirmed drivers at that time we are not going to split up the room regardless of the number of reserves. Reserves will get grid spots first come first serve after all the confirmed drivers are guaranteed their spots.

Also, if we believe there will be more than 12 drivers (looks likely for EU) then we'll host the race in GTP_3D3_A with mics disabled.

I'll leave my reserve status for EU, but it's looking unlikely I'll make it.
I wish you all a great race! :cheers:

Well, black screen trying to get off track again. Good time to end practice for me as well, since I did the 2 hours during the EU timeslot and 3 hours just now.

About that contact in turn 1. I thought with the run I had, I could pull off the pass cleanly but I was mistaken. I guess that's what practice is for... I'll make sure it won't happen in either race as I'm not going to even attempt any passes into turn 1. I'll probably wait for mistakes to happen from other drivers or pitstops to even make any passes.

Well, black screen trying to get off track again. Good time to end practice for me as well, since I did the 2 hours during the EU timeslot and 3 hours just now.

About that contact in turn 1. I thought with the run I had, I could pull off the pass cleanly but I was mistaken. I guess that's what practice is for... I'll make sure it won't happen in either race as I'm not going to even attempt any passes into turn 1. I'll probably wait for mistakes to happen from other drivers or pitstops to even make any passes.

I just wasn't sure if you were aware of all the rules, since it's the first time I've seen you race with us, but seems as if you do know them rules. It was also a practice race so didn't really matter, I'm always taking people out during practice races :sly:.

You do have decent pace though 👍, seems as if you have adjusted well to the transition to the online physics.

I just wasn't sure if you were aware of all the rules, since it's the first time I've seen you race with us, but seems as if you do know them rules. It was also a practice race so didn't really matter, I'm always taking people out during practice races :sly:.

You do have decent pace though 👍, seems as if you have adjusted well to the transition to the online physics.

I actually surprised myself that I could keep up with the faster guys (except the aliens) in the races and during the free runs. I guess consistency is different than hotlapping.

Edit: I could hear you guys clearly since I had my Stereo headset on, but I had it muted since it never works when I'm driving on track for some reason. It works perfect in every other game I play online though.

I ran laps around 1'41. Fastest lap was a 1'40.8
The laps are fairly consistent though. I can always try to improve in the race :P

Was planning on going for a top 5 spot, but it'll be hard.

iGoFast
Room for one more?

Anyone have a car they could send me?
I've ruined mine. :(

How do you ruin one? I can send one in morning when I get back on my ps3 if you haven't gotten one by then.

What color would you like? Got black, red, white and yellow. (I'm still looking for a silver and blue).

If you run EU we could potentially have 8 D1 drivers in the field... I might be better off watching the race and maybe doing play by play. :dopey: it would definitely rank as our toughest lineup ever!

I'm sending him my black one. It's for a good cause. :lol:

EDIT: Sent. I hope you can drive it faster than I did. Of course you will! 👍

I think Gravitron is sending me one, thanks though!

I did chassis rebuild and they dialed in as much understeer as they could :P haha

iGoFast
I think Gravitron is sending me one, thanks though!

I did chassis rebuild and they dialed in as much understeer as they could :P haha

Ok... I just sent a yellow #22... Ugliest I could find for you.

You can't say we don't provide good service, but you can say we use double negatives. :dopey:

I hope you make the EU race as you'll face some serious competition. Or maybe a couple of the NA reserves will show and give you a run.

Did some more practice and now down to low 39s (with a proper chicane) but certainly not able to touch the 38.7 that T-L did!! or 38.4's from Twissy!! 👍 :bowdown:. No idea what times Chris, Max and Wes are doing as well... :eek:

Its going to be one hell of a race tomorrow..... Such a tough track to nail and easily the strongest field I raced in and even have possibly seen in GT bar national finals? haha.

Should be epic :cool:

Last edited:
I've just signed up for the EU timeslot but I see there's 20 sign ups now. Will there be 2 rooms? No probs if not. 👍

Ran a practice race last night. I ran the race with Ride height of +20/+15. The car felt really good on unworn tires, but it got too loose after about 5 laps. So I'll be running tonight with +20/+20, or something very close to that.

I lowered the rear spring rate to 15.0, I also tried 14.0, and may go back to that.

I increased front camber to 2.2. Everything else remains the same as my offline tune, and seems to work quite well. As mentioned, the 2 settings (after ride height) that will have the largest effect on changing the handling are going to be LSD and rear toe. LSD, lower on the second number should make it tighter, higher should make it looser. Rear toe, less negative will make it tighter, more will make it looser.

Good luck, see you guys tonight. 👍

I've just signed up for the EU timeslot but I see there's 20 sign ups now. Will there be 2 rooms? No probs if not. 👍

At this point there are only 13 confirmed drivers so there will be no split. We'll give the reserves or new sign ups until about 90 minutes prior to race time to update their status and make a final decision. Here are the scenarios:

<=16 confirmed drivers:
  • We will race in one lounge. GTP_3D3_A, mics-disabled.
  • All confirmed drivers spots are guaranteed, remaining spots up to 16 first come first serve for reserves.
  • If a confirmed driver is not in lounge by 18:55 (5 minutes prior to quali) we will allow a reserve to take his place.
  • Once spots are taken reserves are welcome to use main lounge to warm up and we'll post to to thread to announce any open spots.
  • Qualifying will be organized in two groups with lowest handicap half of field going first

>=17 confirmed drivers
  • We will split into two grids. A=GTP_3D3Racing, B=GTP_3D3_A, both mics enabled.
  • Drivers will be assigned to a room based on their current division/handicap.
  • Depending on the number one group or two groups for qualifying.

I'll ask all drivers to update their status in the next few hours and I'll make an announcement about 90 minutes prior to the race.

Ah thanks Tim. I had forgot that R had meant reserve! :ouch:

Had a little practice earlier using Dion's setup with a few changes to the LSD as he had suggested - thanks 👍. I've always like the car, and it definitely suits the track. See you all later.

EDK
Ran a practice race last night. I ran the race with Ride height of +20/+15. The car felt really good on unworn tires, but it got too loose after about 5 laps. So I'll be running tonight with +20/+20, or something very close to that.

I lowered the rear spring rate to 15.0, I also tried 14.0, and may go back to that.

I increased front camber to 2.2. Everything else remains the same as my offline tune, and seems to work quite well. As mentioned, the 2 settings (after ride height) that will have the largest effect on changing the handling are going to be LSD and rear toe. LSD, lower on the second number should make it tighter, higher should make it looser. Rear toe, less negative will make it tighter, more will make it looser.

Good luck, see you guys tonight. 👍

I think I've settled with the setup I have, which is mostly your setup except I changed rear toe to -10 and ride height to 0/-5. Tire wear seems to be pretty even if I don't push the car too hard. I think I also dropped the 2nd setting on the LSD down by a few notches. I think I'd rather have a stable car instead of a car that could spin out on me at any corner.

Somehow making my car more stable, I made it faster for me. Ended up running a 1'40.499 in the NA practice. That's a time I didn't think I could get as I had run a .7 earlier in the session and couldn't get under 41.0 for the longest time.

Wow that's an intimidating EU field :nervous:
I'll do my best to make the EU race just to see how badly I can get my 🤬 kicked!

Wow that's an intimidating EU field :nervous:
I'll do my best to make the EU race just to see how badly I can get my 🤬 kicked!
Sorry Marc, but this could be a really good race so I'm not going for a 0-stop.:)

Sorry Marc, but this could be a really good race so I'm not going for a 0-stop.:)

I don't blame you.
Even if I can't race hopefully I'll be able to watch.

Family commintments require me to drop from the EU - I've confirmed for the NA and will be there tonight. :cheers:

My internet went off earlier this morning, but came back around midday. Since about 20 minutes go it's been fine but now it seems to be playing up again. Depending on how well it feels in about an hour's time I may not make it. :indiff:

Registration for EU has been closed and we have 13 confirmed drivers so we will be racing in a single lounge (GTP_3D3_A) with mics disabled. The lounge now open for pre-race practice.

Note: Any drivers who want to update their registration for the NA race will be able to do so after the EU race is complete when I re-enabled registration.

The following drivers are guaranteed a spot in the race as long as they show up by 18:55 GMT:
  1. GTP_Aderrrm
  2. GTP_Twissy
  3. GTP_Small_Fryz
  4. GTP_w-g-e
  5. GTP_DustDriver
  6. GTP_Vagabond
  7. GTP_WRP001
  8. GTP_gooners_17
  9. GTP_Speedy6543
  10. GTP_jtv90069
  11. GTP_orsche
  12. GTP_Jammy
  13. GTP_NINE_HUNDRED

The following reserve drivers will get one of the remaining 3-spots on a first come first serve basis:
  1. GTP_T-L
  2. GTP_MadMax86
  3. GTP_n0iZe
  4. GTP_Hydro
  5. GTP_Allibubba99

As soon as 3 reserve drivers enter the lounge I will post to the thread and it will be closed to additional reserves. If any of the confirmed drivers post to the thread and cancel or are not in the lounge by 18:55 (and have not sent us or posted a message) we'll open up any additional spots. The reserves are welcome to warm up in the main lounge (GTP_3D3Racing) once the race lounge fills and watch this thread starting at 18:55 for open spots.

We'll be resetting the lounge promptly at 19:00 and running quali as soon as the track is reloaded so don't be tardy. If you are going to be a few minutes late, but still will make the race post here and you can qualify in group 2. If you enter the lounge after 19:00 please do so as quietly as possible. Don't type any messages... you will be given instructions by a steward when it will not disturb any qualifiers that are on track.

No driver should enter the lounge after 19:15 without permission from a steward. There will not be room for any observers, but you can follow the race on Speedy's live feed. We'll upload a copy of the replay in both PAL and NTSC replay after the race.

Good luck!

My internet went off earlier this morning, but came back around midday. Since about 20 minutes go it's been fine but now it seems to be playing up again. Depending on how well it feels in about an hour's time I may not make it. :indiff:

OK, your spot is reserved unless you let us know you are dropping or unless you don't show by 18:55. I know you already know the drill, but be sure to power cycle your modem and router to make sure it's not a glitch on those devices. Hope to see you in the race, but understand some things are beyond our control. 👍

Pekka opened the Main lounge for pre race practice. (mics enabled)

The race will happen in the A lounge where mics are disabled.
We'll all move at about 19:45 GMT, 15 min before quali.

Pekka opened the Main lounge for pre race practice. (mics enabled)

The race will happen in the A lounge where mics are disabled.
We'll all move at about 19:45 GMT, 15 min before quali.

Why is that? The A lounge is up and running (and has been for 30 minutes) and we've got 6 drivers over here already. Please come to the A lounge so we can deal with any network issues / invisible driver situations prior to the race.

Ok Tim, I went to the Main lounge first, simply out of habit. :dopey:
I'll send everyone over. 👍

I'm having a spot of internet trouble.... really really slow. Its not great at its best but just recently, the last week or so, its been truly awful. Just ran speed test:

1980431236.png

What the hell? I realise I live in the middle of nowhere but this is the 21st century... Tried rebooting my router but without result. I think that means I'm out of it tonight guys. :ouch:

That ping result is pretty bad for sure... better get in touch with your provider.

There are two reserves that have already shown up (T-L and MadMax) so we've got quite the line up. Only one reserve spot now open pending Vagabond's attendence. I wasn't sure if that was a full on cancel or if he's going to give it a try anyway.

With a completely full grid it will certainly put a slow internet connection to the test. :scared:

Back