GTP WRS-Online : Special I - Silverstone Mixed Class Enduro - Feb 22/23

• Thread starter oink83
  • 562 comments
GT3 Class Announcement

Because this is a very long race, a car which has had an oil change will lose power before the end of the race. For this reason, you have 2 choices to combat this effect:
  1. Buy a new car before the race, and don't oil change it.
  2. Run an oil changed car 300km so it is at original power from before oil change.
Additionally, to compensate for this, the following change has been made to the power limiter in the specs.

So when you don't change the oil the car doesn't loose power no matter what? If we're gonna do a full practice race i'm just going to keep this car since that will get it far over the 300 km break in point. And by the way I see you're saying GT3 Class announcement but doesn't this affect the GT1 car aswell?

Last edited:
So when you don't change the oil the car doesn't loose power no matter what? If we're gonna do a full practice race i'm just going to keep this car since that will get it far over the 300 km break in point. And by the way I see you're saying GT3 Class announcement but doesn't this affect the GT1 car aswell?

An oil change gives a bonus 5% to power and lasts for 200km before a linear reduction of that 5% over the next 100km. With no oil change and 83.2% limiting you get the same power but there is no reduction of power until 5,000km(which is when the oil light turns on).

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threa...d-high-mileage-hp-deterioration-guide.302338/

This will not have any effect on GT1 because they are at 100% power and need an oil change to reach max power.

For those who have done a oil change in the MP4, there's no need to get a new one. 300km won't take long to drive in practice, just be sure to adjust your power limiter again once you have.

I've done over 2500km so far just in practice for this event with 3 set ups tried and tested (still tweaking) the 3rd one and two separate strategys worked out for fuel and tyre management really looking forward to this

An oil change gives a bonus 5% to power and lasts for 200km before a linear reduction of that 5% over the next 100km. With no oil change and 83.2% limiting you get the same power but there is no reduction of power until 5,000km(which is when the oil light turns on).

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threa...d-high-mileage-hp-deterioration-guide.302338/

This will not have any effect on GT1 because they are at 100% power and need an oil change to reach max power.

For those who have done a oil change in the MP4, there's no need to get a new one. 300km won't take long to drive in practice, just be sure to adjust your power limiter again once you have.

Ok thanks

I've done over 2500km so far just in practice for this event with 3 set ups tried and tested (still tweaking) the 3rd one and two separate strategys worked out for fuel and tyre management really looking forward to this

Yeah i've got 1100 km driven on my car now just done a oil refresh but haven't seen any difference in power it's been 502HP since I did my first oil refresh right when I got it. Seems like you still have to break it in in an real race online or offline practice although your milage does get recorded in online practice weird.

Room Open 1472-6399-8580-0415-8723

edit, I left there may be someone still in there. Times are improving, hit a 1 59 for the first time with the MP4. Almost ready to qualify, then need to work on pit strategy.

Last edited:
I tried the 0.0 camber on my tune and I am amazed at the difference. The car still drives good, but the lap times improved drastically! 1 second! I also made some other minor changes.

Edit: The gears are obtained by setting the final gear to 4,225 and then setting top speed to 220 km/h. Then set each individial gear and the final gear setting mentioned in the tune below. Have fun!

Base_McLaren-F1-GTR_Silverstone_Enduro_V2.png

Last edited:
I tried the 0.0 camber on my tune and I am amazed at the difference. The car still drives good, but the lap times improved drastically! 1 second! I also made some other minor changes.
Updated the link in OP 👍

Just had a quick run in the GT3 car in Al's room. Hadn't really practised yet, still using default settings. Will try different tunes starting tomorrow.

Any qualifying stewards available withing a hour or two from now? I would like to run my quali today for GT1.

Last edited:
Will only the fastest 8 guys from each class be able to race?
No, the fasest 8 from each class initially race in room A. The rest get's assigned in other room(s).

room open 1472-6399--8494-1422-7432

I left , but there may be others still in there. At one point we had 8 drivers on the track.

Last edited:
Oh right, just read in the OP its the fastest 32 cheers
That is correct. We cannot manage 3 lounges for this event realistically, so we have to limit to 2 lounges = 32 drivers.

I'm in a friends only lounge for practice. Edit: Lounge shut. If anyone wants to qualify, feel free to add me or message on here or whatever and I can observe.

Edit: Got a new fast lap, 49.2 put in the practice board. Was still some time in that too. Here's my pretty much final tune. I may refine it a bit after qualifying but this is what I'll be using to quali. Need to just do a bit more testing on post-pit tyres, but at least first stint I really like it :)

Here's my tune if anyone wants to try it (no fancy formatting like Barts ;)):

Suspension:
Ride Height | 50 / 55
Spring Rate | 19.65 / 21.00
Dampers (Comp) | 5 / 5
Dampers (Ext) | 6 / 6
ARB | 5 / 5
Camber | 0.0 / 0.0
Toe | 0.02 / 0.10

Brakes | 5 / 7

Transmission | Same as Bart's

LSD | 17 / 16 / 13

Downforce | 500 / 700

Last edited:
Inherited Paul's room, closed now. Got a sub 2'02 time with Mika's quali tune. I will try to do better. I was in the GT1 car earlier, managed a time about half a second slower than Al's at some point (with Bart's tune), but didn't bother to record it.

Quali in progress, please don't enter Mika's lounge until this post is edited.

Lounge is open

Last edited:
Back