GTP_OMRS Month 3: Bad Medicine

• Thread starter Jump_Ace
  • 127 comments
Yes, you could. Just provide a real GMT (UTC) times.

But let me try then.

10AM, 11AM (GMT-7) = 17:00, 18:00 GMT
12PM, 1PM (GMT-7) = 19:00, 20:00 GMT
2PM, 3PM (GMT-7) = 21:00, 22:00 GMT
4PM, 5PM (GMT-7) = 23:00, 00:00 GMT

Oh wait, what about summertime? Yeah I know where I am, GMT+1 zone and another +1 for current summertime, but what about you? Have you subtracted your local summertime (if any, what do I know) from your local times above? You did not specify and it is confusing because local time usually includes summertime while GMT does not (by definition).

Could you please verify the above GMT times?
Yes.
To figure out GMT-7
You take *GMT*
And add seven.

5-6 PM GMT
7-8 PM GMT
9-10 PM GMT
11-12 PM GMT

But why use the -7 in the first place? Wouldn't it be very much simpler to just use GMT without any modifications?

Last edited:
Hey, just remembered it is called daylight saving time in english, not summertime, that was a direct translation from danish i must say. Hope I am making myself clear(er) now :)

Hey,

I've never competed in one of these before when it says "Qualified Member" does this mean some form of qualification has happened for this OMRS or is it just specifying a GTP tag? As I would love to race in this :)!

Cheers :).

how do i become a GTP_ qualified member ?

Take a look at this thread. Everything you need to do to become a qualified member is in it.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=153734

Good luck on the qualifier guys

Yes, you could. Just provide a real GMT (UTC) times.

But let me try then.

10AM, 11AM (GMT-7) = 17:00, 18:00 GMT
12PM, 1PM (GMT-7) = 19:00, 20:00 GMT
2PM, 3PM (GMT-7) = 21:00, 22:00 GMT
4PM, 5PM (GMT-7) = 23:00, 00:00 GMT

Oh wait, what about summertime? Yeah I know where I am, GMT+1 zone and another +1 for current summertime, but what about you? Have you subtracted your local summertime (if any, what do I know) from your local times above? You did not specify and it is confusing because local time usually includes summertime while GMT does not (by definition).

Could you please verify the above GMT times?

Yes I subtracted the Daylight Savings Time since my region is normally GMT - 8. Your times there are correct.

I use GMT - 7 because that is where I live, perks of the job I guess :sly:

But it may make things easier for everyone so I will translate them to GMT 0.

I also provided a link to a world map that shows what timezone everyone is in. May help if you are a visual learner like myself.

I havent qualified to run with you guys but i'd like to watch it, do you allow non qualified people into the room to watch the races?

Is "Monrovia" in the same time zone of GMT-0. I'm trying to set it on my iphone and not getting the right time I think?

I havent qualified to run with you guys but i'd like to watch it, do you allow non qualified people into the room to watch the races?

You will need to be signed in with your GTP_ account otherwise you won't be allowed in the race room. But otherwise, if the room isn't nearly full, you can just watch.

Is "Monrovia" in the same time zone of GMT-0. I'm trying to set it on my iphone and not getting the right time I think?

Yes, it looks like it to me: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/timezone.html?n=161

Jerome

Yes I subtracted the Daylight Savings Time since my region is normally GMT - 8. Your times there are correct.

I use GMT - 7 because that is where I live, perks of the job I guess :sly:

But it may make things easier for everyone so I will translate them to GMT 0.

I see you just did, great! I don't like to be nitpicking, but I would like even less to show up and find the whole party being over, so thanks for clearing it out 👍

I see you just did, great! I don't like to be nitpicking, but I would like even less to show up and find the whole party being over, so thanks for clearing it out 👍

You're welcome dude 👍 whatever is easier for everyone, I'm all for it. The last thing I want to happen is someone misses it because they got the wrong time :ouch:

Jerome

Take a look at this thread. Everything you need to do to become a qualified member is in it.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=153734

Good luck on the qualifier guys

Hi,

Cheers for the response im a bit confused as I just got told in a PM all I need to do is join the room with a GTP account. So if I need to qualify is it possible to be qualified by the Saturday (I have just finished University so spending time on an event is no problem in order to qualify).

Hi,

Cheers for the response im a bit confused as I just got told in a PM all I need to do is join the room with a GTP account. So if I need to qualify is it possible to be qualified by the Saturday (I have just finished University so spending time on an event is no problem in order to qualify).

Interested in answer to this one as not sure if i need to do the qualifier or simply turn up as a gtp member

Hi,

Interested in answer to this one as not sure if i need to do the qualifier or simply turn up as a gtp member

So long as you submit a qualifier with your GTP_ account by Saturday, you are welcome to race. I'm not sure the turnaround for accepting new members is under 48 hours :lol:

Jerome

June 4th, 2011 5PM, 6PM (GMT 0 ) | Hosted By GTP_Jump_Ace | Room Number: Check Back Here 5 Minutes Before 5PM (GMT 0 )

June 4th, 2011 7PM, 8PM (GMT 0 ) | Hosted By GTP_Sureboss | Room Number: Read The Reply Below 5 Minutes Before 7PM (GMT 0 )

June 4th, 2011 9PM, 10PM (GMT 0 ) | Hosted By GTP_Steven | Room Number: Read The Reply Below 5 Minutes Before 9PM (GMT 0 )

June 4th, 2011 11PM, 12PM (GMT 0 ) | Hosted By GTP_Small_Fryz | Room Number: Read The Reply Below 5 Minutes Before 11PM (GMT 0 )

My dumb question of the week: Is it 8 races or 4?

My dumb question of the week: Is it 8 races or 4?

8 races total, one at the top of each hour 👍

Jerome

I was soooo looking forward to being able to participate in this, but I found the site too late to be able to get everything taken care of in time. This is one of my favorite cars, she really sticks to the track so well. I hurriedly created a new profile and began leveling up, purchased the RX-7 and now I just need to try and get my "qualifying" done tonight, but I don't know if that is enough time. I'm sure the process is longer.

Anyway, I'm interested in following this race and seeing how it all works. I'm so glad I found a place that has these events!

Excellent stuff, I'll should hopefully be in for the 8pm start, if not definately the 9pm race 👍

Great to have this back up and running after the outage, ORMS month 2 was absolutely fantastic, with a great turn out :D

See you guys on track!

O if its not possible to qualify before the race then I guess I can't join never mind :(, have fun.

O if its not possible to qualify before the race then I guess I can't join never mind :(, have fun.
So long as you submit a qualifier with your GTP_ account by Saturday, you are welcome to race. I'm not sure the turnaround for accepting new members is under 48 hours :lol:

Jerome
As how I read it you can join. Jerome means you're account doesn't need to be accepted for it to join. If you only read the first part you'll know what I mean.

Ahhh its how I read it. Well I'll be submitting one tonight anyway so I will just see tomorrow I guess ^^. Cheers though w-g-e a different perspective is always good :).

As how I read it you can join. Jerome means you're account doesn't need to be accepted for it to join. If you only read the first part you'll know what I mean.

That's correct. With an asterik *. Please make sure you give your full and complete effort in the GTP Qualifier to ensure you get placed in the right division. So please don't rush it, just to be in the OMRS, there will be another OMRS soon enough :)

Jerome

That's correct. With an asterik *. Please make sure you give your full and complete effort in the GTP Qualifier to ensure you get placed in the right division. So please don't rush it, just to be in the OMRS, there will be another OMRS soon enough :)

Jerome

Dont worry I'm up all night tonight anyway as my sleeping pattern is rather out of pattern. But I will be giving it my all in the qualifier as I want a decent video to upload to my channel as well as submit to the qualifier :). If I don't make it then no worries as I will give it my all! But cheers Jerome misread your post and sorry for that.

Last edited:
Oh my gosh. Qualifying for that registry was SO MUCH FUN!

I was consistently hitting within a second of my times... I felt real fast, but I know I probably won't be in the top division.

That was a blast though... off to go practice for the race if I get accepted.

Excellent stuff, I'll should hopefully be in for the 8pm start, if not definately the 9pm race 👍

Great to have this back up and running after the outage, ORMS month 2 was absolutely fantastic, with a great turn out :D

See you guys on track!

Good to have you along, Crispy.

For anyone who is insure, my races are at 8 and 9pm UK time, which is 9 and 10PM for mainland Europe (exc Portugal, which is on BST). Don't see any reason why mics will be disallowed on my connection, bring it along if you have one. 👍

Most of that time stuff was for my own confidence. :sly:

June 4th, 2011 11PM, 12PM (GMT 0 ) | Hosted By GTP_Small_Fryz | Room Number: Read The Reply Below 5 Minutes Before 11PM (GMT 0 )

I couldn't find the perfect set-up for the car but will take a part in this one.

So is this an "enter once" event still? Just curious with all the slots, still unsure what time I'll run, might be first, if not probably towards the end.

Latest Posts

Back