GTP_OMRS Month 3: Bad Medicine

• Thread starter Jump_Ace
  • 127 comments
So is this an "enter once" event still? Just curious with all the slots, still unsure what time I'll run, might be first, if not probably towards the end.

That all depends o the race room capacity. If it's nearly race time and the room isn't full, help yourself :)

Also, the first room is up:

1472 6118 3744 3749 4335, this will be the race room number for the first two sessions.

Jerome

I got a "FAILED: Entry was refused due to network incompatibility with the room host. [706]"

So, I guess I won't be doing any racing :(... or watching :(.

I got a "FAILED: Entry was refused due to network incompatibility with the room host. [706]"

So, I guess I won't be doing any racing :(... or watching :(.

Is that why you kept going in and out? I hate that error, sorry about that. There is only 3 of us so I think we'll just turn some laps and try for an official race at the top of the next hour 👍

Jerome

Should I keep trying or do you think it might just keep giving me the same error?

Maybe I should restart the playstation too, just in case it has a funk or something, lol.

Restart your internet connection. I'm guessing Jerome's got his set up on NAT2, if you go something like Options in GT Mode, there's a network/online section which tells you your NAT type, it should be NAT 2.

My first room will be up in a bit over an hour, you might get better luck with me.

All I'm seeing in my options is the Network, which ahs "Clear system cache" and "term of use".

I'm going out on a limb and saying I'm in the wrong spot... I'll keep looking.

EDIT**** - Found it. I'm NAT type 2 and my bandwidth is High. :/

Sureboss is right, I'm on NAT2. I think GTP_Hydro is having a similar problem too unfortunately. Try restarting your PS3 and try again, if you can't connect, try Sureboss' 👍

Jerome

Hi Jerome, Guys,

Just wondering if there is a workaround to the [706] error?
I'm new to omrs, and I was hoping to watch a race before jumping in, but I can't connect.

I reset my PS3, but no love...

I'm NAT 2 as well, and everything seems fine... except the error part.

Same boat Hydro, just won't connect. I'm new as well.

I know someone said changing the network settings on your router to static (which I don't want to do, for several reasons) might do it, but I doubt it.

Odd.

I haven't 'googled' that error yet, but I get it when I race online sometimes too and it's random AFAIK. You may need to wait until the next host makes his race in about an hour.

I'll be starting my second session race in about 10 minutes (10 after the hour).

Jerome

Ya, I'm just treating this as a connection error that i can't fix.

Besides, I really thought NAT type 2 just means that you are connected through a router first, then Modem, with the corect ports open. Nat 1 is a direct connection to a modem. (?)

I'll try again with the next room.

Ok, I googled the error message, the first entry directs me to GTPlanet!
I'm just going to try the next room, then look into remedies.

If it matters, later I'll let you know what I did/found.

Last edited:
Yeah I'll try with the other, was hoping to maybe watch one, but beggers can't be choosers.

I kind of struggled getting a consistent setup with this car... On my other profile I had this and it ran great, but it was at lower spec.

Well, I was able to join some random room, so it must just be connection between me and the host.

A separate issue is that my BT Headset isn't working. lol It doesn't end!

***edit*** fixed the headset issue, sheez. LOL Maybe since that's fixed I can connect? haha.

Last edited:
Yeah I'll try with the other, was hoping to maybe watch one, but beggers can't be choosers.

I kind of struggled getting a consistent setup with this car... On my other profile I had this and it ran great, but it was at lower spec.

Ya, I found this a bit tough to set up in a way I would really like, mostly due to lack of drive time.
That's alot of power for this car.

GTP_Sureshot Room Number, room number for races 3 and 4. Sorry for the slight delay.

1472-6118-3658-4756-6063

Okay, server/lobby/PSN fart there. I'm guessing it's kicked everyone.

New room: Number is:

1472-6118-3658-4756-5969

Did we all get disconnnected?

Do we re-try the room number?

I think I'll go race F1 online; has been working fine; Cheers!

Everyone kicked. New room number above. Annoying, we had about 12 people in.

Race 3 is starting at xx:45, so in about 7 minutes. Room is up to 8 people now, hopefully we can get a few more.

I got disconnected from the server and every time I tried to re-join I got Room not found.

Am I the only one?

EDIT---NEVERMIND!

Race 3 done. Race 4 will start at xx:30, so in about 10 minutes. Half an hour for a race, so Steven should

Still about 4 or so spaces left, race 3 racers can still race if we don't have a flurry.

The lobby kick put us back a bit, but stable if a little laggy since then.

Didn't get my qualifier done in time as I can see the time I can potentially get it's just doing it hehe. Hope the racings good hopefully be apart of the next 1 :)!

Room number for the 21 and 22 pm GMT races will be:

1472-6118-3658-4756-6177

Happy racing all!

Great last race, good battling with Crispy for most of it. I'll get the final results up in the morning, with fastest laps, etc.

i was going to join your race steven but i managed to get going with the other.

I'm a little wore out after racing that, so I think I'm done for now. Thanks anyway!

Back