GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 107 : 7 Gears for 107

• Thread starter EDK
  • 167 comments
Welldone Ian and Al, do not know if I will find some more seattime today....but then again my best lap feels a bit like it was a bit of a lucky shot....

Desperate last session before leaving for the day, and it worked :). PB sectors 1 and 2, but got really nervous and cautious in T3, costing me that perfect lap :nervous:. Still pretty happy.

Used the stock suspension settings, with 0 rear toe. Thanks you Dennis for the tip 👍. Very kind of you sir :cheers:.

Good luck all. It's gonna be close!

PB sectors 1 & 3, lost a couple of tenths in sector 2 but .7 up at the line, very happy :D

Much better sector 2 this time, submitting.

Last edited:
Nice time jtv, just threw away a 33,7 in sector 1 :banghead: if I could have that and and my best sectors 2 and 3 combined I'll be happy, hopefully in the next hour or so.

Thanks Mamba, thought I'd try the stock tune and ended up going a full second faster. Now I'm wondering why I'd bothered with a setup at all for the series I ran in the car a while back :lol:

Stock suspension is a little slower through T2, no doubt in that. But the time you gain in the high speed turn 1 and the esses in T3 more than make up for it.

Nice T1 Jon.

I'm using stock with some changes to LSD and camber toe angles it's def faster but not for the faint hearted :) throttle control is a must you can lose more if you go a bit too aggressive on both braking and throttle, but if you can be patient it's fast.

Stock suspension is a little slower through T2, no doubt in that. But the time you gain in the high speed turn 1 and the esses in T3 more than make up for it.

Nice T1 Jon.

Try my tune, it is fast through turn 1 and also quick in the middle sector 👍

BanditKarter22
Try my tune, it is fast through turn 1 and also quick in the middle sector 👍

I won't be home till after the deadline. Plus I don't think I would have improved anymore, y'all 3 in front are aliens.

Lost some time in sector 2 from my best but sector 3 was my fastest this week. Using stock with some LSD and camber/toe changes and my own gears, switched from Chris gears to my own and gained a bit not sure if its psychological or just cause I had done almost an hour so my lines were better. Now trying Johns (Bandits) tune maybe I can gain a full second :)

Thanks Mamba, thought I'd try the stock tune and ended up going a full second faster. Now I'm wondering why I'd bothered with a setup at all for the series I ran in the car a while back :lol:

Have a theory, since the update lowering the car tends to increase understeer, and also adding downforce, so if you used your tune before the update it would likely be faster

Edit: can't string it all together, I could play all night and only improve by a tenth which I think is really a waste of time :) I may regret that but lets hope sector 3 is good enough to keep my position. Good luck to the last min folks.

Last edited:

Desperate last session before leaving for the day, and it worked :). PB sectors 1 and 2, but got really nervous and cautious in T3, costing me that perfect lap :nervous:. Still pretty happy.

Used the stock suspension settings, with 0 rear toe. Thanks you Dennis for the tip 👍. Very kind of you sir :cheers:.

Good luck all. It's gonna be close!

Damn that are some awesome splits 👍

He called me sir :lol:

Your welcome Sir Mohit :D

Great to see that people improving at the last minute with the stock tune. I started to doubt if i made the right choice.

Only thing is i have to go back and try to improve as well :nervous:

New spilts not really happy with my T1, saw much better :grumpy:

Submitting with this splits

Good luck everybody

Nice T1 Manu 👍

Thanks dennis, got a few of them, never with my .0 second sector though so Im losing about 2 tenths :banghead: plus you never know with T3 :scared:

Just managed a new best lap - with a T1 time of 33.319. :drool:

The only problem is, there is one point where I am seriously close to having three wheels off (in T2, oddly enough) and it's right on the edge for two whole tenths. I could check every single frame to make sure it's clean, and I have checked a few that all show two wheels on, but I don't want to put anyone who may check my replay through that hassle, plus I'm wasting valuable time that I could be spending trying to go even faster. T2 was pretty poor anyway (32.160).

If a steward wants to take a look at the replay I can send it to them by PM. Unless I am explicitly told the lap is clean, I shall consider it dirty.

EDIT - New splits:

The overall lap is nearly as fast as the one described above, so I've dropped it altogether.

Last edited:
Gave it a few laps before deadline. Worse T1 + T2 combined, but overall better. Best I can do , until I see some replays to see what I could have done better.

Already starting the upload for my lap guide for this week :) It should be live and linked to the results thread at around 7-8am in the morning (GMT).

Good luck to everyone who is submitting a lap time :cheers: :gtpflag:

I know these are too late for the board to catch them but...

Wish I had tried the stock tune sooner, left a fair amount out there. Managed .25 better in my last ditch effort though.

Edit : Nevermind, forgot we just sprung ahead. Guess I put my wheel away too soon.

Last edited:

:)

Much quicker lap, thanks to a fantastic T1. If only I could master T2 as well, I'd be among the aliens.

Submitted my time, I can't see myself improving by more than a few hundredths.

Have a theory, since the update lowering the car tends to increase understeer, and also adding downforce...
No, there is no hard and fast rule for the effect of lowering the ride-height, it depends on the car and aero balance if applicable.

Got a last minute run in - improved my lap time by a massive 0.03 but still left 2 tenths out there between sectors 2 and 3. Still, not bad for only a couple of hours effort this week. Great combo. 👍

Wish I had another few hours to play with just to tie a better 2nd and 3rd sector in too. Never mind... Good luck guys. :cheers:

Back