GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 131 : El Matador Valiente

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 245 comments
These stock car combos are looking great :)

Been wondering if I need to have the latest update installed in order to take part? I haven't updated since 2.11 and wouldn't really want to update the game, at least not yet...

in the rules, no door mirrors not specify anything about it? no? :scared: :sly: :scared:

Mirrors are part of the car, and no part of the car can touch the walls.

These stock car combos are looking great :)

Been wondering if I need to have the latest update installed in order to take part? I haven't updated since 2.11 and wouldn't really want to update the game, at least not yet...
Welcome back! That should be fine. If you were much farther back, we might have to do some research first, but 2.11 should be fine. 👍

Welcome back! That should be fine. If you were much farther back, we might have to do some research first, but 2.11 should be fine. 👍

Great, thanks! :)

Sent you one from the main 3D3 save for keeps (you'll need it for the online race :sly:). The reset is in about 90 minutes and will be able to send a couple more after that.

Any chance I can have one too? Thanks! :)

Mirrors are part of the car, and no part of the car can touch the walls.

thanks ;)

banditkarter

Just to inform you, this car is also available from winning the B-Spec Expert Series - Schwarzwald League A championship. You need B-Spec lvl 15 to enter. Its only 2 races, 6 laps of Nurb GP + 6 Tokyo

👍 👍 👍

I got mine using Caine's method last night. Took about 25 minutes to run the two B-spec races. Then Bob took it to GV300 whilst I was sleeping - now run in and ready for me to throw at the armco :lol:

That's a very good combo for me to learn and improve as i just started to drive with ABS1 only - and i am still a noob in manual shifting :)

Have - for now - 2 questions:
1. the last left hander of sector1 - is it possible to flat it out?
2. the 2 right hander of sector2 - what's the best way of shifting there? i am really struggling there as i don't know exactly what i should do.

Here my first splits:

Last edited:
Just sent a FR 👍

Sent the car. I can't send another for about 9 hours, but I'm sure one of the other admins have one if anyone needs it. It can also be borrowed from 3D3 Racing until we can gift it.

I suspect it might be, but haven't managed to do it flat out without hitting the wall or losing the tail. For now I'm just focusing on getting back in the gas as quickly as possible once the car is straight and just a tad of brake to stabilize and feathered throttle without fulling letting off... I'm curious also if it can be taken flat out with the perfect line, but not sure I'll be capable of it.

Sent the car. I can't send another for about 9 hours, but I'm sure one of the other admins have one if anyone needs it. It can also be borrowed from 3D3 Racing until we can gift it.

Thanks! :) I must say these stock TTs with all these standard cars are great! 👍

i'm not happy with T2, but in T3 i catch the corner perfect perfect :dopey:

whoever wants car send my FR, only 1 for day, but information of caine its great for catch this car :)

for now I leave, if I have some time tonight are a video of T1, for who does not see the traced good, it is not easy.

i have a lucky in T1 💡

would be great, cheers - and - i doubt that you were lucky :)

i'm not happy with T2, but in T3 i catch the corner perfect perfect :dopey:

whoever wants car send my FR, only 1 for day, but information of caine its great for catch this car :)

FR sent :cheers:

I guess there's a GT5 server maintenance for the next couple hours, so the gifting will most likely have to wait until that's done.

Ahh that sucks, looks like Ill have to wait a while, Ill have a go tomorrow

2. the 2 right hander of sector2 - what's the best way of shifting there? i am really struggling there as i don't know exactly what i should do.

1) I would say its possible, but would need perfection on turn in. I just managed it at 80% throttle.

2) do you mean the 2nd corner in T2 or the double apex right in T2?

------------------

new splits after 4 more laps:

Last edited:
1) I would say its possible, but would need perfection on turn in. I just managed it at 80% throttle.

2) do you mean the 2nd corner in T2 or the double apex right in T2?

------------------

new splits after 4 more laps:

Nice Splits Caine!

I meant the 2nd in T2 and the 4th in T2.
The second i take in 3rd gear, for the next left downshift to 2 and again early to 3rd. let it roll then and try to be early on the throttle and push it up the hill. i dont know - hard to explain. but at least the whole sector feels not right for me.

Nice Splits Caine!

I meant the 2nd in T2 and the 4th in T2.
The second i take in 3rd gear, for the next left downshift to 2 and again early to 3rd. let it roll then and try to be early on the throttle and push it up the hill. i dont know - hard to explain. but at least the whole sector feels not right for me.

for the 1st right, I stay in 2nd, let off the throttle, which turns the rear, once its turned enough, back on the power, stay in 2nd, lift a little for the next left, possibly a gentle touch on the brakes if I got good drive out of the previous corner, then for the double apex right, I try to 'straight-line' the first apex, lift off the throttle to turn the rear again, then back on the power for the 2nd apex.

its not the best way through, and I haven't done enough laps to maximise it yet, but it's not far off the best time so far.

for the 1st right, I stay in 2nd, let off the throttle, which turns the rear, once its turned enough, back on the power, stay in 2nd, lift a little for the next left, possibly a gentle touch on the brakes if I got good drive out of the previous corner, then for the double apex right, I try to 'straight-line' the first apex, lift off the throttle to turn the rear again, then back on the power for the 2nd apex.

Thanks a lot Caine 👍
So you stay completely in 2nd gear, right?
I'll try that. I mean - when i look at my T2, from the time it's not soo bad - just it feels somehow strange. But ok, it will get better i guess.
Need to find lot, lot, lot of time in T1 though and push little bit harder.
As i said, i really need to learn a lot. For me - now - to drive the speedster, in stock, with ABS1 only is really, really challenging.
And again, thanks for your advice :)

Thanks a lot Caine 👍
So you stay completely in 2nd gear, right?
I'll try that. I mean - when i look at my T2, from the time it's not soo bad - just it feels somehow strange. But ok, it will get better i guess.
Need to find lot, lot, lot of time in T1 though and push little bit harder.
As i said, i really need to learn a lot. For me - now - to drive the speedster, in stock, with ABS1 only is really, really challenging.
And again, thanks for your advice :)

Yeah I do, perhaps going into 3rd would be better, less chance to loose traction, but 2nd is working ok for me at the moment.

----------

Starting to get the hang of this track now! Made some silly mistakes in T2 but still faster at the line:

----------
giving up for tonight with these:

seen a .28 and .29 in T1, but somehow forgotten how to manage T2 completely now.

.3 down on my PB's, but still a week to go.

Last edited:

Loosing a lot of time in T1 to Caine and Escama, but can't figure out how to get those times at the moment. Improved 6 tenths at the line.

Loosing a lot of time in T1 to Caine and Escama, but can't figure out how to get those times at the moment. Improved 6 tenths at the line.

You're losing the time in T1, and me in T2. I'll tell you what I'm doing if you tell me what your doing :lol:

Yeah, the LB has the mini track and the wrong car, and those will be updated in good time.

Like always in my monday evening. I updated the Leaderboard with the correct pics of car and track. 👍

Back