GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 67 : Monaco GP Support Race

• Thread starter EDK
  • 265 comments
Yes, it says 307 BHP on the car list so maybe Kevin took the power from there. If all the correct parts are installed then you're ok.

Oh hehe.

Could gain at least a second then! ;)

T1: 27.289
T2: 44.538
You're kidding right? You sure you're taking the new 'clean' line through the chicane there Wes? That seems excessive even for you.

Nice going DaxCobra - the rising threat from D2 this week eh? There's always one... :sly:

I'm doing mutually exclusive sectors at the mo, as usual round here.

That seemed like almost a perfect 2nd sector for me so no idea how Wes went 0.6 quicker... :scared: Getting .4s in sector 1 semi regularly but no better than that yet.

I can't do better than 1:13.9. Anyone seen some talent lying around? I think I lost some.....

Great splits guys.... :\

I'm so sorry guys, I haven't been looking at this weeks pictures until now.:guilty:

I'm just trying hard to beat my current overal laptime now. A 44.XXX T2 is still more than possible.

T1: 27.196
T2: 44.950
Getting major oversteer out of the chicane.

Damn, these are still dirty.:lol:

Last edited:
I'm so sorry guys, I haven't been looking at this weeks pictures until now.:guilty:

I'm just trying hard to beat my current overal laptime now. A 44.XXX T2 is still more than possible.

So you were putting your wheels on the inside of T2?

Phew. Not to be mean, but I am glad haha.

First 15 lap run on stock settings except for max downforce. Little bit of oversteer coming out of some of the corners makes this one fun car.

T1: 28.140
T2: 46.345

Still a ways to go,

Using a blue Clio. Feels odd not having green as the body color, so I guess I'll have to paint the wheels green for this one.

On the HP thing, I appreciate you guys wanting to comply and all, but I always put a disclaimer after the HP number in the first post tht it my go up after breakin, and max power is fine.

HP shows different on different screens, and some users have their game version set to show a different HP measure. The HP number is alwys the max you can get out of the car with only the allowed parts installed.

We don't need to take up an entire page of the thred talking about HP. ;)

Wes, on the other hand, needs to write the following on the blackboard 100 times. :sly:

I will read the ENTIRE first post before posting splits.

EDK
On the HP thing, I appreciate you guys wanting to comply and all, but I always put a disclaimer after the HP number in the first post tht it my go up after breakin, and max power is fine.

HP shows different on different screens, and some users have their game version set to show a different HP measure. The HP number is alwys the max you can get out of the car with only the allowed parts installed.

We don't need to take up an entire page of the thred talking about HP. ;)

Wes, on the other hand, needs to write the following on the blackboard 100 times. :sly:

I will read the ENTIRE first post before posting splits.
You know, I was going to say: Luckily Kevin is on vacation.:lol:

T1: 27.300
T2: 44.961

But seriously, lesson learned. That's not going to happen again.

T1: 27.234
T2: 44.939

T1: 27.167
T2: 44.864

Last edited:
Using Kev's setup. Made the car so much better. But, I could also give the credit to the green painted wheels. :sly:

DaxCobra
Is it worth doing the rigidity improvement?

I heard that makes the car twitchy. Then again, I have put it in...

Matty do you have a GTP account?

As WRS is only open to GTP registered players :indiff:.

paulmac2k9
Matty do you have a GTP account?

As WRS is only open to GTP registered players :indiff:.

Yep, it's my second account. GTP_Matthew.

Feel free to add me. I only use it for these events though, and I don't do them often.

Oh ok :D.

It's just Fetchy has ignored your times so maybe you need to add it in your PSN and update your sig with your WRS ranking :).

Is it worth doing the rigidity improvement?

Hard to tell with this car... I've tried it both with and without but the thing has so much grip anyway, I can't feel much difference. Rigidity improvement makes the most difference if a car has bad inherent understeer, or snap oversteer on throttle. Quite often if a car feels well balanced, the chassis mod can ruin it.

Question regarding tires. I have seen it mentioned that the tire contact patch is the determining factor when deciding if one is out of bounds or not. Obviously, if your sidewall touches a wall or object, you are out of bounds, but what about track surface?

Here are two pictures taken on a recent run at Cote de Azure (Monaco). Both are the same freeze frame taken from different angles. The first one looks like the tire is over the edge of the curb at the chicane putting the car out of bounds. The second picture clearly shows the tire contact patch on the curb (as you can see color under the tire indicating the porting over the edge is not in contact with the track).

As the car is not airborne, and no "contact" is being made, would this be a legal run?

This is not a run that I am submitting, just an illustration to clarify the rule

Image 1 looking like out of bounds.
Côte d'Azur.jpg

Image 2 looking like in bounds.
Côte d'Azur_1.jpg

In or out? Opinions from the admins please.

paulmac2k9
Oh ok :D.

It's just Fetchy has ignored your times so maybe you need to add it in your PSN and update your sig with your WRS ranking :).

Done all that before. I'd say all that's happened is that my name on GTP changed since I last ran the events. I was mattymc96 but then when I went premium I changed to Matty.

I think I'm D3 Silver.

ConRollins, no part of the tire can be over the inner tarmac. That includes the sidewall bulge. BTW, your 2nd picture is about the worst angle imaginable for determining clean or dirty. :P

Based on the 1st pic, I'd call it dirty, but would also have tried to grab a pic from the front of the car, to be sure.

EDK
CtedAzur_4-1.jpg

Dirty Run - Some Contact Surface Over Inner Chicane Tarmac - Side View

Forgive me since I just came back to WRS last week after a long absence - I'm really confused by the special conditions surrounding the strip/tarmac - is there another thread where I can read up on a discussion of this?

Also, looking at the picture shown above it looks like in about a fraction of a second the car is going to incur some serious slow down when it hits the barrier - why would anyone actually want to put tires off the strip on the right side at that point of the lap?

Those are for illustration purposes only, Lin. Kevin already posted on page 1 some pics from past events, which should clearly show the motivation for wanting to cut there, and why we are changing things up this time.

My 1st try! Oh I hope 3D3 is coming here next week! Also pictures of my ride!

Al

CtedAzur_1.jpg

CtedAzur_3.jpg

Last edited:
ConRollins, no part of the tire can be over the inner tarmac. That includes the sidewall bulge. BTW, your 2nd picture is about the worst angle imaginable for determining clean or dirty. :P

Based on the 1st pic, I'd call it dirty, but would also have tried to grab a pic from the front of the car, to be sure.

The second pic was to illustrate that the "contact patch" is not in contact with the track.

But your statement says it all. "That includes the sidewall bulge." A pic from the front was basically useless in this case as the shadows made everything too dark. Is there a flash setting in photo mode?

Never the less, thanks for the clarification.

Those are for illustration purposes only, Lin. Kevin already posted on page 1 some pics from past events, which should clearly show the motivation for wanting to cut there, and why we are changing things up this time.

Sorry, I guess its just not clear to me but the rules are what they are - thanks!

Sorry, I guess its just not clear to me but the rules are what they are - thanks!

Lin, see my pictures above. If both my inner tires were on the inside of the curbing in the chicane, at any other track in most situations it would be legal as my two outside tieres would still be on the track. The picture you have posted is for clarification purposes that if any of your tires extend just a fraction to the inside of the curbing it is not legal. No one would drive their car where that car is, but they might drive it where mine is to cut the chicane a little short. It is for illustration only.

Sorry Lucas - I need further clarification I'm afraid. From Kevin's wording in the OP, my understanding is that the tyre cannot come into contact with the tarmac beyond the curb, not that it cannot be over said tarmac. "..some contact" is not "...casting a shadow on". That being the case, it would be better worded thus: "No part of the inner tyre must be touching or vertically in-line with the tarmac beyond the curb." It might seem like semantics but I need to be clear - I've already had one DQ at Monaco thanks to this chicane and don't want another. As it stands, I would've said ConRollin's pictures are clean as the tyre is clearly on the curb and not beyond it.

Latest Posts

Back