GTP_WRS Leaderboard Discussion and Feedback

• Thread starter steven
  • 1,073 comments
JoostBaksteen and steven,

Would it be possible to incorporate into the leaderboard the final lap time and sector split when the results are made official?
Unless I find the WRS week thread there isn't a way to see the final/full lap times.

:cheers: Dan

Would it be possible to incorporate into the leaderboard the final lap time and sector split when the results are made official?
Unless I find the WRS week thread there isn't a way to see the final/full lap times.
In the results pages of the leaderboard (like this one) you are already able to see the times of the laps that have been submitted.
I'm afraid you will never know what splits belong to those submitted laptimes. They are not included in the actual submissions, and the splits incorporated in the leaderboard are not neccesarily the splits from the submitted lap(s).

So, your question could only be honoured if the stewards start asking us to submit laptimes and split times. I don't think that is going to happen tbh.

But to stay optimistic about your request: one of the items on Joost' long list of todo's is to replace the current procedure of submitting pm's to Vaxen by a new system where you submit your data to a bot that processes them automatically. If and when that'll happen the splits could very well be incorporated.

👍

PS Dan: your profile page colours are no blessing to the eye :)

Hey Joost, I just added the 3 first tracks pictures I did so now you should be able to fill the info bar just fine, all cars are done just finishing the prologue tracks as well as a few from GT5 like Tokyo etc from screenshots ;)

Cheers!

Joost, check your emails... I've seen some of the progress you're making on the divisions page and you should do the same as the frontpage for the bars with icons, no need to make your life harder than it already is :P Get on msn too if you can, cheers!

EDIT: Sorry, I should probably take this to PMs :P

Last edited:
The leaderboard looks absolutely amazing! :drool::drool:

Well done and thanks to all who contributed to it's fancy new graphics, and brand new features and options!! 👍👍

We're proud to announce the redesign of the leaderboard.

Behind the scenes we've been busy for quite some time in redesigning the leaderboard. Although its working great so far, the layout could use a little facelift. alba contacted us and asked if he could help redesigning the board. He sent us a screenshot of the thing he had in mind and we were blown away.

We we've been working some (very :lol:) late hours to get it all done, but finally it's ready. We hope you enjoy it guys. Let us now what you think! And many thanks alba!

:cheers:

Steven, alba and Joost

Last edited:
Great work done by Joost and Alba. The only thing I did was keep harassing them to keep working on it and to let me show their progress :D
Seriously, these guys are absolutely amazing. In other situations they could really make much money on delivering stuff like this, and I assure you no cash has been exchanged to deliver what they did (perhaps some sweat).

I hope you guys will keep sending in suggestions and noticed bugs so that the board can keep improving to meet your wishes.

Enjoy 👍

Hmm.... i'm using Safari 4.0.4 and having no problems... are you perhaps blocking javascript? And the week-dropdown, is that working?

Hmm.... i'm using Safari 4.0.4 and having no problems... are you perhaps blocking javascript? And the week-dropdown, is that working?

Just looked and nothing is being blocked. Week drop down is also not working :confused: It all worked fine on the older WRS Board.

The combo boxes for Week # and more/less info do not work with Chrome (work fine with Explorer and Firefox).

But my god guys, what a great job you have done. It looks great, it feels great (very intuitive to navigate) and it gives all the relevant info. 👍👍👍

Excellent job guys 👍

On a side note, when I click on my name to view my placings, all my replays don't show up & it is showing that from week 69 - 71 I am in Div. 3 even though I didn't get promoted till week 72 & week 72 has me winning gold when in fact I won bronze. The same thing for eriba in the div. issue. only minor issues from me :)

Keep up the great work :)

Last edited:
WOW that is truly great guys, I can't thank you enough for your hard work 👍 :bowdown:

Jerome

Hey Joost and team,

My first impressions are simply WOW!

I have been exploring the features and have a few comments, as follows;
- The top left grey coloured 'WRS' button seams to link to itself.
On the links on the bar under the banner;-
-The 'WRS' text links to the WRS folder, would it be better to remove this and add it to the one I mentioned above?
- Next to the 'WRS' text it has a link entitled 'Week **', this also links to itself.
- Whilst there is a link to the event thread page (x2), would it be useful to link to the results thread also. Could this be an option when viewing the results tab?

I am struggling a little with the contrast too. The car images look really dark and it is hard for me to distinguish between the colours of the trophies, that could be my screen settings though.

The functionality works really well (FF3.5) and it's very easy to follow and the links are useful too.

Great job, the team should be proud. 👍

Dan.

I love it! Now if we can have it with prize money through paypal for the top 3 drivers. 💡

Outstanding alba and Joost. 👍

Could we include the final sector split after the official results are posted?

EDIT: I guess that won't work, as some post different final times to the ones that on the learerboard.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back