GTP_WRS Leaderboard Discussion and Feedback

• Thread starter steven
  • 1,073 comments
First of all, congratulations on building such a kick-ass system :bowdown::bowdown: I like the new leaderboard a lot.

Divisions are parsed from the registry listings.
Controller info is not (yet) implemented in the WLB beta but once it will be it will depend on signature info to parse into the board.

Adding this information to the signature gives useful information about the player IMHO.

Maybe you have to standardize the way people mention their controller. For example: some use 6-axis or Sixaxis or Six-axis or DS3. DFGT vs Driving Force GT. Or is the WRSfetchBOT so smart that he can figure out all these different names on its own?

Some structure can be introduced, but I know the mods don't like it when we give strict syntax rules for posts.
Anyway, we'll see about that when Joost finds the time to work on the controller item. It's not that important (you can also look it up in the combo thread) and stuff might chance when GT5 is introduced ...

To Kevin or any of the other admins - can this thread be stickied for a little while longer please? Perhaps as long as we're in beta and not everybody has seen the new board yet? Thanks 👍

Check your pms! I've said too much I'm afraid :P

Last edited:
That looks very nice, Alba. 👍 I particularly like your choice of typography for the WRS logo - that should be used everywhere.

Some structure can be introduced, but I know the mods don't like it when we give strict syntax rules for posts.
Anyway, we'll see about that when Joost finds the time to work on the controller item. It's not that important (you can also look it up in the combo thread) and stuff might chance when GT5 is introduced ...

To Kevin or any of the other admins - can this thread be stickied for a little while longer please? Perhaps as long as we're in beta and not everybody has seen the new board yet? Thanks 👍

You are correct, we don't want to have a whole bunch of really stringent rules for how people set up their signatures, how they post splits, etc. We want the focus to be on the racing. 👍

And I see no issue with leaving this here and stickied for the time being.

Check your pms! I've said too much I'm afraid :P
I thought the project team (Joost, Alba and me) could best prepare all changes to the board and then present you with the newer version of WLB rather than tire everybody with the in-between-steps ;)

Nevertheless Alba is doing a great job in upgrading the outside of the board like Joost has been fantastic on overhauling the contents of it :bowdown:

Edit: Sorry, ignore post, just found the answer in post 5 or so: only works from finalized onwards, so by now Week 58 👍

Apologies should this have been discussed before... but the leaderboard (and I can only again say the biggest of thanks to Alba, Steven and Joost for that great contribution to the planet) "only" shows me the splits, the results don't work somehow. Or is it me because I use google chrome e.g.?

Thx
Ren

Last edited:
LOL Ren :D

Alba volunteered to redo the design of the board pages and hopefully by the end of this week something of that can be shown 👍

The design? It's already fantastic IMO.... keen to see what's coming! 👍

The new design is even better ;) Alba did some great work. Now it's up to me to change the design to the new one.

@PASM: About the controller parsing, this can be automated in most of the cases :)

"For example: some use 6-axis or Sixaxis or Six-axis or DS3. DFGT vs Driving Force".

I think the cases you describe cover 95% of the used variations (if we include G25/G27), so if we implement those it should be ok.

Then we could include an item in the FAQ "Why is my controller info incorrect/unknown" describing the way the system fetches the controllers after which the user could use a valid variation of the controller in their signature.

This would be fairly easy to implement.

The new design is even better ;) Alba did some great work. Now it's up to me to change the design to the new one.

@PASM: About the controller parsing, this can be automated in most of the cases :)

"For example: some use 6-axis or Sixaxis or Six-axis or DS3. DFGT vs Driving Force".

I think the cases you describe cover 95% of the used variations (if we include G25/G27), so if we implement those it should be ok.

Then we could include an item in the FAQ "Why is my controller info incorrect/unknown" describing the way the system fetches the controllers after which the user could use a valid variation of the controller in their signature.

This would be fairly easy to implement.

That's a good solution 👍
I eagerly await the new design, but take your time Joost :dopey:

Hopefully in the next few days Joost will be able to go live with the design that Alba has so kindly volunteered to deliver :tup 👍

Keep on coming with your feedback fellow GTP members :P

I should have time this weekend to make the content and make the pictures of all GT5P cars and tracks :)

I've noticed the following (and I'm pointing it out since I don't want to score credits I did not achieve):

When I click on my ID where it shows me my medals and things... et voila, there is two division gold medals to be found, 1 silver, 1 bronze.

Looking at these events I doubt I ever even took part in them... (I HATE the Clio, I HATE the SL with it's phony automatic transmisson, I don't think I ever drove the Copen and so on...)

Besides that, and this might be the main problem, I'm listed as Division 2 (am 1 though, believe it or not :lol:, always have been since I registerd, so no promotion since has occured or anything)

Can you maybe look into this if there's time?
And do others maybe make similar discoveries?

Thx and cheers
Ren

Hmm, by process of elimination, I believe the problem is the user GTP_Ren-Tec, who did compete in those events, and has a similar tag. Simple parsing problem me thinks.

Could make sense, even tho computers usually don't get fooled by "similar" :lol:... it's not a trainsmash, though, in any case.

The WRS leaderboard is missing results as of week 59, when are these results entered, I believed they would be final after 1 week (to allow for disqualifications).

The WRS leaderboard is missing results as of week 59, when are these results entered, I believed they would be final after 1 week (to allow for disqualifications).
As soon as the mods make the 'unofficial results' 'official' the results are integrated into the WRS Leaderboard.

As soon as the mods make the 'unofficial results' 'official' the results are integrated into the WRS Leaderboard.

Week 59 is official.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=123784

In my observations, both pre and post beta release, the parsing system seems to have more trouble with the results than the ongoing leaderboard during the race week. I'll reiterate that the Official location for results is the WRS archive. Results in the leaderboard are not fully validated and therefore not official.

Strange... even week 60 was official...

In my development environment the official results were updated correctly. And after I updated the live environment (wrs.gtplanet.net) with the new code it updated correctly as well.

I think there must have been some old cold on the server. It should be ok now.

I've got another one :)
I'd be surprised if this hasn't been requested before, so sorry if it's a repeat:

Can we have a ranking number in the first column so it's immediatly visible what position you are on?

Would be great!
The leaderboard rules!

Thx
R.

Marijn, this excellent suggestion from Ren is one for the todo list. Can you put it there, please?

Latest Posts

Back