GTP_WRS Week 100 : La Source AKA Supraman XIII

• Thread starter PASM
  • 201 comments
Decided to do something different this week....rather than just use someone else's tune and tweak it to my liking, I am endeavouring to make my own tune from scratch (though given how I go about tuning, I may need about 6 weeks to do it!), although I will be using other tranmission settings as I don't have a clue on doing that.

Ran yesterday with the car completely stock and then with camber and rear TOE zeroed to give me a feel for the car, hence my woeful splits! Today, all I have done is adjust the LSD to my liking and put full downforce on the front....it is costing me time in the first and last sectors but gaining time in the middle but then Spa always is a compromise between speed and downforce. Obviously made a significant jump in lap time today but I know what I need to do to get the car where I need it. Oh, and for the first time ever today, I managed to set identical sector 1 times on consecutive laps :lol::

S1: 36.554
S2: 1:39.288

PASM's tune, straight up as posted.

1'37.593

Couple of strange places for this thing to suddenly be afflicted with unexpected oversteer. Every where else it turned in fairly well but tended to understeer more often than oversteer. Went up Radillion and around Blanchimont like it was on rails. I don't know if the car will go any faster but, I kept looking for seventh gear running Kimmel and around Blanchimont to the shikin.

Will try Meister Fetz' tune next. We'll see if I can handle the oversteer he tuned into it.

Really wanted to give this a go this week considering the competition... but my new room has nothing sensible to mount the bloody wheel on! :lol:

The solution I found for that problem in the past was a simple recipe:

Go to Bunnings, or preferred actual hardware store.
Take one extremely cheap saw-horse, e.g. http://www.bunnings.com.au/craftright-folding-metal-leg-saw-horse_p5710162

Add one sheet of decently thick MDF of (approximately) the same length as the trestle. Clamp it on table style with 2 quick release clamps (eg http://www.bunnings.com.au/craftright-300mm-2-piece-quick-action-clamp_p5860150), or bolt or screw the MDF on. I still clamp it, as it can be removed and stowed in two parts with the wheel still mounted to the MDF (I just pop the pedals and power supply on the MDF and carry it as one unit).

Add one low chair. The saw-horse height match I can't guarantee; I had an old Ikea Poang chair that works.
Clamp or hardmount G27 to 'desk'.
Add ballast to the 'desk' proportional to the violence of your race specifics, technique &/ requirements (e.g. Nordschliefe in the Tomahawk X needs rather more)

Congrats, you've got my rig :D

Last edited:
Meister Fetz' tune, neat.

Went hunting for that 35 and got within a tenth. It's there. Just gotta get through turn 1 faster. Still a shade more than 2/10s off a 60 second S2. Car feels really good and it just begs you to go faster, brake deeper and turn in later and sharper. It's possible a few hairs less rear downforce will get that first sector 35. May sacrifice a bit of rear grip in sector 2 to get it though.

At any rate, only a bit more than a tenth through S2 but more than half a second at the line.

1'37.471

Will probably give this one to the bot in case I don't get another chance to shoot for that 35.

Last edited:
The solution I found for that problem in the past was a simple recipe:

Go Bunnings, or preferred actual hardware store.
Take one extremely cheap saw-horse, e.g. http://www.bunnings.com.au/craftright-folding-metal-leg-saw-horse_p5710162

Add one sheet of decently thick MDF of (approximately) the same length as the trestle. Clamp it on table style with 2 quick release clamps (eg http://www.bunnings.com.au/craftright-300mm-2-piece-quick-action-clamp_p5860150), or bolt or screw the MDF on. I still clamp it, as it can be removed and stowed in two parts with the wheel still mounted to the MDF (I just pop the pedals and power supply on the MDF and carry it as one unit).

Add one low chair. The saw-horse height match I can't guarantee; I had an old Ikea Poang chair that works.
Clamp or hardmount G27 to 'desk'.
Add ballast to the 'desk' proportional to the violence of your race specifics, technique &/ requirements (e.g. Nordschliefe in the Tomahawk X needs rather more)

Congrats, you've got my rig :D

That is similar to the rig I used up until a couple of months ago when I finally got a proper stand (GT Omega). The modified school desk I had used for all of GT 4 & 5 got damaged when I last moved.

In the first days of GT 6 coming out it got where I could not keep it patched together. In an emergency I used a couple of 2x4's I had laying around and made a stair step shaped bracket. I clamped one end with the workbench and attached my wheel to the end that hung down and off to the side.

For ballast I attached 2 S hooks with a 5lb. weight on each to the legs on the opposite side of the workbench. For seating I used an old adjustable height office chair (and still using it with my stand).

Its so nice that I no longer have to drive like I've got eggs in the car that I'm trying not to break when turning.

Just Want to make sure first, is that bright green stuff outside of the rumble strip considered on or off track? Guessing it's off but just want to double check.

Had another session tonight and this track has turned from my favorite to worst track in a week. :banghead: :lol:

I'm just hoping now I even get another shot at it.. there's so much time to improve on. I just need to stop getting nervous in T2 Lol

Good Luck to everyone for the rest of the week I'm likely done as I doubt I'll get another session. But if I do I'll be going at it hoping for a little luck.

Just Want to make sure first, is that bright green stuff outside of the rumble strip considered on or off track? Guessing it's off but just want to double check.

@Ph1sher I'm quite sure the green stuff is dirty. Its ok to touch it, just make sure 2 tires are still in contact with the red and white rumble strip or tarmac.

Red and White rumbles and tarmac are legal track. No other surfaces are track.

Back