GTP_WRS Week 104 : Gladiators!

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 120 comments
Another set of laps and I only managed to pick up about half a second. I swear, that chicane is impossible at times!

New splits:
Split 1: 21.621
Split 2: 41.404

Power: 471 bhp (after changing oil & installing power upgrades)

please change that too only say , after oil change , because offcourse i wasnt awake and checked my PP points , after i installed the powerupgrades :)

Figures..make some improvement and Fetchy rejects the replay..should have submitted earlier in the week to check

Which setting caused the rejection? I ask because the system is sometimes finicky, and I want to make sure it's not an error.

Power: 471 bhp (after changing oil & installing power upgrades)

please change that too only say , after oil change , because offcourse i wasnt awake and checked my PP points , after i installed the powerupgrades :)
Done, thanks for pointing it out. 👍

We are prone to copy/paste errors around here. :)

Done with this TT. Plenty of T1 at .2 and .3 but always losing the time on the last turn before end of T2. My best lap contains one of my slowest T1s but that's the way it goes sometimes. Final splits

@monkeywall No worries, I'll keep trying but not sure I can get close to the time I got yesterday as I improved by nearly half a second!

@EDK This one:

Errors:
Transmission1 setting is invalid
Transmission2 setting is invalid
Transmission3 setting is invalid
Transmission4 setting is invalid

I definitely haven't changed anything...changed to a different setting sheet for this event and thought I'd reset every variable just in case but maybe I didn't...I'm sure it's my fault rather than an issue with Fetchy

Another betterment. Not sure if I can go to much faster with just my trusty DS3 :lol:

Split 1: 21.650 (actually down slightly from my previous best).
Split 2: 41.350

Also:

481577-4cc5f69dd57836d586044a3d8fcb593b.jpg

Can I join the club too?

Attachments

• Circuito di Roma.jpg
    Circuito di Roma.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
@EDK I've resolved the issue now...checked the transmission settings and, when I reset them, they changed to different values so, for whatever reason, I ended up with different values. It now means that I don't hit the rev limiter halfway between the start/finish line and turn 1 and can get higher speed there!!

New split times so that they are accurate..haven't got near my previous times yet, despite having more speed on the straight now as the car is slightly harder to control:

S1: 21.535
S2: 41.318

Apologies for the double post but wasn't expecting any improvement..turns out I have just done a repeat of yesterday..thought I'd finished then find over 4 tenths! The different gear settings have helped me be faster in the first sector but slower in the last 2 sectors...still am happy enough to have at least matched my time from before if nothing else:

S1: 21.257
S2: 40.907

Had a best t1 of .008, and the chicane was fairly conservative on this lap. Still about .2 left but I'm done for the week.

Submitted and accepted. Good luck everyone.

Last edited:
Finally improved, and then by a tenth in S3 alone (rel. to previous submission).

I give the front a third. I tried half for a bit, certainly didn't achieve anything then.

I'very been trying since the WW and got sector 1 down, been consistent with 21.1xx. But the chicane is killing me now

I just submitted my time. I wasn't able to turn any laps the since Friday so that lap will have to due. I feel like I left a couple tenths out there but very happy for first time playing GT6 in a very very long time. Good luck everyone!

Almost moved onto the next TT figuring I couldn't find any time but glad I didn't...no real improvement to begin with apart from a slightly quicker PB sector 1. Then switched from the 10/0 BB I had been using to an 8/3 one...initially managed to improve the odd sector but started to see higher speeds through the chicane and able to take the left at the end of sector 2 much better. Fastest lap was nearly 2 tenths quicker in sector 2 than I have been to date, , mainly due to the fact that I had a minimum speed of about 114mph through the chicane as opposed to the usual 107 at most..that and being millimetres from the wall on exit (I really thought I'd hit the wall there but it doesn't appear I did):

S1: 21.475
S2: 40.775

Had a last go can't improve on the last sector even though I've seen some faster T1's and 2's. Good luck eveyone see ya's at the EU race moving on to next week

Edit: got 30mins one last try :lol:

Last edited:
Have to go back to these, upon closer scrutiny the laps I posted splits for yesterday had wall touches. Not even in the silly kink, one was on the exit of the left hander at the end of the back straight, the other was on the exit of the last left. Did not feel either one while driving, but the car moves a bit on both. :ouch:

Submitted.

Managed to find another tenth for a 2 tenths gain today...slightly slower at the split but a PB final sector got me there...less than 3 tenths off my theoretical best overall so not lost too much time:

S1: 21.346
S2: 40.796

At it right now. Been 1 tenth and a half ahead of my ghost many times now. Will keep trying...

Latest Posts

Back