GTP_WRS Week 12 : 500W

• Thread starter Vagabond
  • 292 comments
I agree with you @Jump_Ace, that's always been my issue with dirt, I don't see anything obvious about how to rectify something I'm doing wrong? I intend to study @Vagabond's sector one video with a fine-tooth comb to hopefully work out how to keep similar traction, lines and corner speed. I love the slip-sliding nature of rally driving but just don't understand how to do it well?!?

I bever thought I would say this but I think I'm starting to enjoy this.
I still have no idea how you guys manage sub 24s T1 (yes, I watched the video).
Anyway, here is where I'm at:

Improved full 3 seconds at the line :)

I don't know how I'm missing so much time here :confused: It's not easy for me to get consistent lap times, I think I'm doing the same thing, only to find out I've gotten slower, hmm.

Jerome

It could be worse Jerome...you could have splits like mine, then you'd be seriously confused :lol:

Second session:

Losing a quarter of a second at t1, and still having great fun, so I'll be back for more. :D

I agree with you @Jump_Ace, that's always been my issue with dirt, I don't see anything obvious about how to rectify something I'm doing wrong? I intend to study @Vagabond's sector one video with a fine-tooth comb to hopefully work out how to keep similar traction, lines and corner speed. I love the slip-sliding nature of rally driving but just don't understand how to do it well?!?

Normally it's not an issue as when you do rally it's in 4WD and easy to countersteer the car back into grip. But with the FF and it's slow oversteer it's tougher to find the grip right away. Once you hear the rpms ramp up quickly, you've lost speed. I have my TV volume kinda high now to listen for just that, haha.

Jerome

Have been trying to submit my time during the day, just to make sure my "old" Abarth still are within the rules and I keep getting a rejection:
Submission for week 12 is REJECTED!

Errors:
You ran at the wrong track

Please make sure to attach a valid Gran Turismo replay, as described on the forums.

You can create a new conversation with the attached replay(s).

:gtplanet: OLR Team

I have "re-zipped" the save file and re-submitted multiple times. Checked the param.sfo file which clearly states:
Code:
Eiger Nordwand W Trail
Abarth 500 '09
Driver:.. NielsG

:confused:

Have been trying to submit my time during the day, just to make sure my "old" Abarth still are within the rules and I keep getting a rejection:

I have "re-zipped" the save file and re-submitted multiple times. Checked the param.sfo file which clearly states:
Code:
Eiger Nordwand W Trail
Abarth 500 '09
Driver:.. NielsG

:confused:

Can you add Vagabond and me to that conversation? (with the "Invite More" link)

I don't know how long I can focus on work when the pack will for sure pound me back to some also ran status. Good thing I can stack up the laps with this one, that even fighting for a better time is as much fun as actually knocking off a couple of hundredths. Great Combo "V"

Last edited:
Last splits for a bit, marginal gain at T2 but a huge 4 tenths at the line
Eek.gif

I have no idea how to find half a second by the T2 marker....those splits from @Vagabond are insane :crazy:

Well, I got slower splits, but I improved at the line by over a half second... That makes sense. I'll get the splits up later.

Yep, slower at S1 by about .5, and slower at S2 by 0.008, but faster at the line by about 0.5... I'm confused. xD

I have the "I have no idea what the bleep I'm doing" meme...

And every other lap, I hit the bumps just past the start line wrong and can't get it slowed down enough for the first turn.

I still have no real clue how to rally, but I do have better splits...

Some like it a bit rough and dirty :P

Ugh. That's crazy fast second sector. If NielsG can't use this lap you could be well in the lead. My fastest lap is actually with slower splits (around 50.9 in T2).
But there is still lots of time left. Yesterday I knocked off 4 seconds in about 50 laps.

Ooo yeah, for a short while now, I'll just enjoy the sweet flavour of topping my division:sly:,
There is moore to gain. I think I should be able to cut it by .5.

moving this to week 12 thread as requested by mrlabrat, thanks for the tip.

just trying the abarth now,,, no idea how people are in the 24s for first split :confused:
only been about twenty minutes though.
one thing i feel a bit stupid to ask, but want to make sure.
all we can change on the abarth is the brake balance, right? it doesnt say if you can change rid the suspension though.
Doubt i will be in div2 silver, but would be very happy with that. One thing i was not good at was working out if a lap was clean or not.
Bert

moving this to week 12 thread as requested by mrlabrat, thanks for the tip.

just trying the abarth now,,, no idea how people are in the 24s for first split :confused:
This might help:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtp_wrs-week-12-500w.306493/page-2#post-9534387
one thing i feel a bit stupid to ask, but want to make sure.
all we can change on the abarth is the brake balance, right? it doesnt say if you can change rid the suspension though.
It does state quite clearly, in red bold:
  • Tuning: Prohibited - Tuning parts, weight reduction, ballast adjustment or chassis rigidity improvement not allowed. Car must be completely stock.
  • In-Race RA Functions: Allowed for brake balance only
I know it doesn't mention the suspension specifically but I didn't think that left much room for interpretation...?

This might help:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtp_wrs-week-12-500w.306493/page-2#post-9534387

• Tuning: Prohibited - Tuning parts, weight reduction, ballast adjustment or chassis rigidity improvement not allowed. Car must be completely stock.
I know it doesn't mention the suspension specifically but I didn't think that left much room for interpretation...?
Thats what i thought, but just double checking.
thanks for the link as well.
Bert

Hilarious, you just can't win Chris.

Back