GTP_WRS Week 12 : 500W

• Thread starter Vagabond
  • 292 comments
How this combo works so well is beyond me. Underpowered FF on dirt? Surprisingly fun combo.

Jerome

Jerome

Last edited:

Sloppy T3, but that uphill right after T1 is brutal.

Jerome

Backwards in sector 1 but a handy gain at T2 and the line

@MisterWeary : The problem, unfortunately, isn't getting comfortable with manual as I'm sure I could adjust relatively quickly...it's just my fingers cannot cope with the adjusted position on the back of the controller.....I tried using manual back some time ago and my hands and fingers ached within 10 minutes of using it (not to mention I forget about changing gears due to my poor concentration levels) . I'm hoping to get a DS2 which, hopefully, will be more comfortable but need to find a half-decent adapter first.

Last year my psoriasis got really hard to cope with (no job after being free lance for 10 years, mortgage, deaths in the family, the works) and felt that way too: Could handle half an hour in auto, but stretching my fingers reaching for L2 R2 gave me hell. Was it Gt4 where you could use auto but still hold upshifting holding R2? It helped a bit...

First splits, painful to see that second gear struggle uphill but loads of fun

Don't feel bad. I was just ashamed to post my 53.3 T2
I'm assuming the last of the high speed turns before the bridge is a good candidate for e-brake, no?

I honestly have no idea if it's a good candidate or not.....I have never used the handbrake in the game (only occasionally used it in GT5 for initiating drifts) and I doubt I would feel confident using it either. To be honest, I am just not that good at running fast times in rally events.....adjusting the brake bias is something I may look at but I am just accepting that I am not good at this

Last year my psoriasis got really hard to cope with (no job after being free lance for 10 years, mortgage, deaths in the family, the works) and felt that way too: Could handle half an hour in auto, but stretching my fingers reaching for L2 R2 gave me hell. Was it Gt4 where you could use auto but still hold upshifting holding R2? It helped a bit...

First splits, painful to see that second gear struggle uphill but loads of fun

I think you can still do that (hold the downshift button to delay auto shift)

Just an FYI... I am also not using the handbrake at all. Tried it but to be honest, can't see any advantage to using it anywhere.

Same here. It gives the car a delayed oversteer when you don't want it.

The leaderboard is in proper order this week too I see :lol:

Jerome

Lost a tenth in sector 2 again, this time exiting the chicane. Lost another tenth in sector 3 but progress is good I think. I'll do that 1st sector vid now. 👍

Dropped the ball on the uphill in sector 1 but made up for it in sector 2. So looking for 2 tenths in sector 1 and maybe another 1 or 2 in sector 3.

Sector 1 vid uploading....

Good to see you back in for a week Lefty 👍

Thanks "V", work has been demanding lately and it being tax time here across the pond, I haven't found much more than an hr here and a hr there to try to drive but I just can't pass up a chance to battle on more familiar turf :P

I was watching your vid and it doesn't look you are modulating your throttle much when I'm at 90% trying to find traction. Great 1st sector 👍

Chris confirmed my suspicions about letting off the throttle slightly in certain sections so avoid that dredded oversteer slipping. Cleaned up T3, no new splits to report.

Jerome

Hmmm..

Should bring back memories of being a teenager and driving my ford tempo on dirt backroads at high speeds. Got a pretty funny story about going 70 mph and having turkeys flying off the windshield with my best friend that passed away in 2012.

Bring it.

I have no idea how this happened. :dunce: I was running laps repeatedly just shy of the one posted on the LB (50.794 at T2), and then all of a sudden the front wheels started gripping and I started sliding like Colin McRae. :lol:
Over a second gain at the line. :boggled:

EDIT: Submitted and accepted. Phew. :)

Last edited:
I don't know how I'm missing so much time here :confused: It's not easy for me to get consistent lap times, I think I'm doing the same thing, only to find out I've gotten slower, hmm.

Jerome

Latest Posts

Back