GTP_WRS Week 13 : Ferrari 512BB @ Eiger Nordwand Reverse

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 134 comments
Well, I had a slower T1, faster T2 and coincidently a faster T3.

T1: 11.253
T2: 31.259

I think I might actually get to submit this week. Wife is going out of town for a couple of days. Had to buy the purple BB512 for this week.

T1: 11.667
T2: 32.617

First real go at this one, and I've been away for a bit. I love the 512BB, and I would probably spend a lot of time on it this weekend, if I didn't have guests arriving. So I'm going to cram it in when I can, for the best time I can get. Splits right now -

I've seen better T2's, but this lap had a nice run from T2 to finish. 👍

Great combo, Sjaak. :D

Kevin

Another 10 or so lap session this afternoon and slight improvement:

Happy with those times, still want to break 30 seconds in T2. 👍

Got some sector times after a quick half hour of racing

T1- 10.908
T2- 30.987

I guess the rest of the lap is alright, but it's all a little sloppy. I screwed up the exit of the Southern Loop ever so slightly, I backed off marginally when I should have pressed on.:dunce: The blind exit on that corner troubles me at times.:sly:

Edit: Unless I find a faster way to drive it, I don't think there's much left in T1 for me, but who knows I could surprise myself.

Luxy leaderboard now updated. Newcomers, please follow the link in my signature to see the board. Please report any mistakes ito wrong splits or misspelled names of new members :)
Good to see that 100% of the new members now have their division and controller device in their signature. Thanks for that, it saves me a lot of work finding or requesting that information that I need for Luxy 👍

Last edited:
Wow, only 3 Division 1 drivers so far. I would've exepected more since it's a Time trial. I'm still trying to improve, but still haven't been able to link up all the sectors.

In my time zone, ppl (with a job) still have to work approx 4 hours before being able to grab the wheel. :) They'll be there later on i reckon.

Breaking into the 10's is proving difficult, happy enough with being able to reach the 30's ,but have been finding more and more in the final sector with a lot of runs, and I know there is more;)

Had a 2 hr session yesterday and today I ran about 20 laps.
Best so far.
t1 10.772
t2 30.692

I did get a 10.885 in T1, stuffed up T2 though. Struggling to get under 20.4xx splits between T2 and T1.

My goodness this is so difficult for me! I figured I'd ignore the Eiger week but it's time to learn this damn track and improve.

Here's what I've managed on my first run:

T1: 10.791
T2: 30.830

Absolutely ruined T3 though which is a shame because looking at the leaderboard, my T1and T2 aren't too dreadful.

Division 2 Bronze | Sixaxis

All the best
Maz

In my time zone, ppl (with a job) still have to work approx 4 hours before being able to grab the wheel. :) They'll be there later on i reckon.

I'm back at school now, so i've got homework again.:grumpy: So I won't be able to play as often as I did through the holidays.:nervous:

40 more laps has me here:

T1 0'11.123
T2 0'31.278

Not the fastest I have seen on either so will keep trying - I want to point out that there is a TON of track after T2 and most of it requires some very skillful driving to put up a good final time. My splits may not have improved much tonight but my overall time certainly did so this week could be very interesting after all the times are in.

Thanks!

Retried this combo again last night but ended up backwards all over the track again :grumpy: even with aids on 👎 so I guess I'll keep wheeling through my new GT4 gamesave :)

Don't mind tho, there'll always be a next week in WRS and we now also have the online event to look forward to 👍

Board updated.

im with you on that

New times

T1: 11.177
T2: 31.441

Thanks mate i was hoping others of our ability felt the same.

I'm hoping to get a few more laps over this weekend it's been too hot here to even try, the last 3 days have been between 43-45 deg c (109-113 deg f). It's supposed to cool down to a relativally cool 34-37 deg c (93-99 deg f) :lol: over the weekend. Looks like shoes and socks off for me while racing :)
Cheers all....

Man, this combo is great and has given me quite a few laughs (whatever I gain in sector 1 or 2, I lose almost completely in sector 3: all my five best lap times are within a few hundreds of a second). Anyway, I found a little overall improvement, new sector times:

T1: 10'776
T2: 30'797

New splits after a sess after work. Managed 0.027 quicker at T2 but a massive 0.5 for the lap I really feel I nailed the final section, but the top drivers will prove me wrong. I've seen a quicker T2 30.84* but had a slow last corner! At least I've cracked the 11 and 31 in my fastest clean lap so far.

new times

T1 10.990
T2 30.980

first crack at this

T1-10.720
T2-30.334

have managed to see a 30.269 screwed the lap up though:indiff:

first crack at this

T1-10.720
T2-30.334

have managed to see a 30.269 screwed the lap up though:indiff:
This hurts big time, you Div 1 guys make it seem to be so much easier. Just one session and you nail at least the first two sectors. Wow. :crazy:

I wonder what makes you guys better: throttle, brake and steering control; track understanding; being gifted; or a combination... I wouldn't might getting a lesson in TT driving by one of you guys. :)

This hurts big time, you Div 1 guys make it seem to be so much easier. Just one session and you nail at least the first two sectors. Wow. :crazy:

I wonder what makes you guys better: throttle, brake and steering control; track understanding; being gifted; or a combination... I wouldn't might getting a lesson in TT driving by one of you guys. :)

i'd be more than happy to help ya:tup:

This has got to be one of the most difficult TT combos I have ever attempted, I just cannot believe how technical this track is and how hard it is to keep the back end of this car in check.

I even managed a 10.7 first sector and 30.6 2nd sector only to wreck it in sector 3. I follow the first place ghost but I just cannot fathom what the ghost does on the last hairpin and where he gets that speed up the hill.

I cannot wait to see the top replays from you guys, T3 is stopping me getting a time I can be proud of.

All the best
Maz

Some slightly better time from me, nothing dramatic thought. Still time to be found all over the place......

T1 - 10.978
T2 - 31.159

And then 2 mins later,

Last edited:
My first stab at this very enjoyable combo:

Unbelievable how such a short course can be so complex! Will hopefully get to sit down with it again over the weekend.

Back