GTP_WRS Week 15 : Official Results

• Thread starter Vaxen
  • 160 comments
Heres the replay, looking at the videos of all the delightful colours of paint on the cars, gonna have to lift my game up a bit and not use the generic white:)

Attachments

• PS3.zip
    221.5 KB · Views: 10
Heres the replay, looking at the videos of all the delightful colours of paint on the cars, gonna have to lift my game up a bit and not use the generic white:)

:lol:

I used a lovely shade of Blue.

I used bright orange, number 77 with orange wheels. You'll never get to see the majesty of it though :P

Hi Speedy, not sure if you're just posting videos up or checking, but don't forget to put the green flag up on the replays once checked. You can copy the image from the first post. Great job on the vids BTW 👍

Oh that's where you get the green flag from.
I'm still a bit new here, but I'm learning little by little :sly:

re-did GTP_Zoky_CRO's Replay in HD

Watch in fullscreen on the tube by double clicking

Wow, amazing lap Zoky - how you did your fastest lap when you caught the grass on the double-left in T2 amazes me, everytime I caught that grass it caused a huge slide and lost me at least half a second!

Thanks for sharing the HD vid, speedy! Super work!

@Chris (Vagabond) - lovely lap indeed, your lines were right on the spot...I see just one litlle mistake, going over that curb when entering the double right in T2, not sure about your speeds through corners as you run in miles not km/h!👍

@Speedy....:bowdown:

Cheers Dan - I posted a comment on your YouTube channel but it says its being moderated ( I didn't swear honest :sly:)

Thanks Dion - doing my best to be worthy of my promotion. Best I've ever done in a FWD by a long way. :)

Thanks also Zoky - that was the first time I clipped the curb there but it still ended up being my second fastest T2 all week. :) Fastest was 28.591 but had a poor T3. My T1 on that (submitted) lap was 0.1 slower than my best of the week (22.576). I have the same problem every combo - nailing all my best sectors together in the same lap but even then, I would've been 0.25 behind you and Dan. 👍

13--1'18.952---GTP_Mignun r=1.871 (d1/-0.598)
gflagjn4.gif

Super fast lap champ, 1:18's is a awesome time. Not much I can say here but except nice paint job 👍

Thanks for checking sidplayos 👍
Not sure if you will like this weeks paint job. The boss said we can only choose out of 4 colours, so I rotate between black & orange :sly:

Here is my replay as requested, didn't realise it was so close on the last corner but I think it is ok.

Attachments

• GTP_oldnail1 WRS Week 15 Deep Forest.zip
    224.3 KB · Views: 10
Here is my replay as requested, didn't realise it was so close on the last corner but I think it is ok.

Very nice lap oldnail. Too bad you ran a little wide in the last turn. Maybe you could've taken 0.2 there. Great job. 👍
I haven't found out how to put the green flag up yet.:confused:
Meaning this is a green flag lap

EDIT:

GTP_oldnail1
gflagjn4.gif

Last edited:
Very nice lap oldnail. Too bad you ran a little wide in the last turn. Maybe you could've taken 0.2 there. Great job. 👍

Just right click on the green flag in the first post, copy image location, and then insert it as an image when posting (Paste into the dialogue box after clicking the little picture icon in the post tool box).

EDK
Just right click on the green flag in the first post, copy image location, and then insert it as an image when posting (Paste into the dialogue box after clicking the little picture icon in the post tool box).

Ok, thanks EDK

Thanks Speedy, nice to get a green flag after my mistake last week!

Hey, what just a minute! I thought RED = BAD, noone told me it was actually RED = FAST! Am I the only one who didn't go smokey-smokey around the track this week? Guess I still have a lot to learn. :)

Thanks for checking my lap Nizzy.

Hey, what just a minute! I thought RED = BAD, noone told me it was actually RED = FAST! Am I the only one who didn't go smokey-smokey around the track this week? Guess I still have a lot to learn. :)

Thanks for checking my lap Nizzy.

Red on the way in = 👎

Red on the way out in an FF car = 👍

;)

EDK
Red on the way in = 👎

Red on the way out in an FF car = 👍

;)

Do you mean the amount of wheelspin? I wasn't aware of any rules about it if there are any, hope I haven't missed something.

To be honest I think I was actually losing time due to my lack of finesse!
Smoother is usually faster!

Kev means some wheelspin exiting a corner in a FWD gives you a bit more speed, but overheating the tyres on corner entry just leads to running wide. (Although its worth noting that only works if the diff settings are tight enough.) Smooth steering inputs means faster through the corners but this car benefited from slightly more aggressive throttle inputs. :)

Do you mean the amount of wheelspin? I wasn't aware of any rules about it if there are any, hope I haven't missed something.

To be honest I think I was actually losing time due to my lack of finesse!
Smoother is usually faster!

The post was tongue in cheek. :P

He was referring to the tires lighting up red on the HUD based on lost traction.

The real answer is that there are places where it's faster to be full on the throttle, even if it means losing traction on one of the 2 wheels. Especially in the off camber right in T2.

I also noticed that sliding the car into the left coming out of the tunnel right at the T2 Trap was an effective approach, which also would make the tires go red. It might be that this was just to make up for my crap driving, but I did have a rather nice run in the final sector as compared to some of my D2 counterparts. ;)

EDK

He was referring to the tires lighting up red on the HUD based on lost traction.

The real answer is that there are places where it's faster to be full on the throttle, even if it means losing traction on one of the 2 wheels. Especially in the off camber right in T2.

I also noticed that sliding the car into the left coming out of the tunnel right at the T2 Trap was an effective approach, which also would make the tires go red. It might be that this was just to make up for my crap driving, but I did have a rather nice run in the final sector as compared to some of my D2 counterparts. ;)

That's cleared that up then, thanks! Glad to see you can't be penalised for driving style!:)

Cheers Dan - I posted a comment on your YouTube channel but it says its being moderated ( I didn't swear honest :sly:)

:nervous: about what you might say about my lap! :lol: Fixed!

And yes, PM analysis appreciated. Thanks!

EDIT: By the way, I left the HUD on so you could see the red tires!

Last edited:
EDK

If the exit up the hill is the off camber turn you mention, I agree with both, but I interestingly saved time in T3 by easing off a bit through the higher-speed switchback. I lost a tenth in my T3 entry, and .050 in the final turn, I calculated.

GTP_Sidplayos2 (1'19.208)
gflagjn4.gif

Good run, I'm surprised you still had rubber left on those tires :D

GTP_DHolland (1'18.282)
gflagjn4.gif

Well nothing much to mention here, amazing lap!

Edit: GTP_Small_Fryz
gflagjn4.gif

Checked it too, it wasn't needed but it's nice to watch and learn :)

Last edited:
Anybody got an NTSC replay that needs checking, point me in the right direction! :)

Back