GTP_WRS Week 169 : Rich Man's WRS

• Thread starter EDK
  • 134 comments

Worse T2 but better lap overall. Not satisfied with my performance yet.
looks like you have to use curbs as rails ...
I'm not using it but I've experimented with it a little bit and there is one place where it's really helpful... Tempting :embarrassed: I wonder how much the top 3 guys cut the curbs. As always, can't wait to check them out :)

Worse T2 but better lap overall. Not satisfied with my performance yet.

I'm not using it but I've experimented with it a little bit and there is one place where it's really helpful... Tempting :embarrassed: I wonder how much the top 3 guys cut the curbs. As always, can't wait to check them out :)
Absolutely as much as possible without wrecking. The only curb I make sure I stay off of is the inside curb of turn 1.

This combo gets a 👎👎 from me. So glad I'd already had the car and didn't spend any time grinding credits. What a POF.

Out of the 30 laps I just ran with the flappy paddles, I was only able to best my full manual twice. The margin both times was in the hundredths. Not tenths, hundredths. Car understeers like mad and for practically the entire time it was, it would also roast the rears and not rotate. It has no redeeming qualities whatsoever. Well, maybe one. It was a slick shifter on the clutch and h-gate.

No sense even bothering to submit this one. I'm just a tad annoyed I bothered at all. Coulda' spent this last hour watchin' a bad movie or takin' a nap. Either would have been more satisfying than this.

/rant

This combo gets a 👎👎 from me. So glad I'd already had the car and didn't spend any time grinding credits. What a POF.

Out of the 30 laps I just ran with the flappy paddles, I was only able to best my full manual twice. The margin both times was in the hundredths. Not tenths, hundredths. Car understeers like mad and for practically the entire time it was, it would also roast the rears and not rotate. It has no redeeming qualities whatsoever. Well, maybe one. It was a slick shifter on the clutch and h-gate.

No sense even bothering to submit this one. I'm just a tad annoyed I bothered at all. Coulda' spent this last hour watchin' a bad movie or takin' a nap. Either would have been more satisfying than this.

/rant
Sorry you feel that way, not everything I come up with will suit every driver. But I can promise you that I do put a lot of thought and effort into these.

Worst splits but better at s/f line ... the usual syndrome

BY THE WAY:::::
"Dear SERIALF,

Congratulations - you've been chosen to try out the Gran Turismo Sport Beta"

I´m sorry, this is not the subject of the thread, but I've just received this by email and am still recovering my breath!!
Advantages of being D3; we are so few... :lol: @DDiamond, did you got it as well? Maybe they are sending it to all that applied! :cheers:

Worst splits but better at s/f line ... the usual syndrome

BY THE WAY:::::
"Dear SERIALF,

Congratulations - you've been chosen to try out the Gran Turismo Sport Beta"

I´m sorry, this is not the subject of the thread, but I've just received this by email and am still recovering my breath!!
Advantages of being D3; we are so few... :lol: @DDiamond, did you got it as well? Maybe they are sending it to all that applied! :cheers:
Saw your post in the GTS thread, but replying here as the company is a bit better. :sly:

What wheel are you thinking of getting?

I tried one more short session today and no blue times showed up. I've reached my limit in this event and I can move on to yellow bird with no regrets :) I wonder how my lap will hold up as I'm not confident about my last sector. This week was fun and addicting. Good luck gentlemen 👍

EDK
Saw your post in the GTS thread, but replying here as the company is a bit better. :sly:

Yes, you are absolutely right ;)

EDK
What wheel are you thinking of getting?

For personnal reasons, I have to maintain a budget approach; I have a DFGT, so the logical option would be a T150 RS PRO (the one with 3 pedals). I will look a bit into the other theads to see feedbacks of owners, but I think that will be it.
My problem is going to be the lack of the sequencial shift stick, because I usually hold a cigarette with my right hand .... :scared:

Yes, you are absolutely right ;)

For personnal reasons, I have to maintain a budget approach; I have a DFGT, so the logical option would be a T150 RS PRO (the one with 3 pedals). I will look a bit into the other theads to see feedbacks of owners, but I think that will be it.
My problem is going to be the lack of the sequencial shift stick, because I usually hold a cigarette with my right hand .... :scared:
There are options to get your DFGT working. If you have a PC you can use while you are playing (every time), then this would be the budget route. I bought parts for around $30. Setup for a DFGT should be very straightforward.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ogitech-driving-force-gt-g27-with-ffb.336625/

Should be having another go later, hoping to find at least a tenth out of the last corner, but I should be submitting either way. Good luck to everybody aiming for another run. 👍

Reactions: EDK
Should be having another go later, hoping to find at least a tenth out of the last corner, but I should be submitting either way. Good luck to everybody aiming for another run. 👍
Speaking of the last corner, I need to correct/modify part of my writeup.

I normally and hitting the first and third apexes in that last section, not the first and last. But I have seen hitting the last apex work, while running online as well. It tends to take that curb out of play.

Another thing - I am grabbing 5th right as I lift to settle the car into the groove on the sweeper. Not sure if it's faster, but it seems more consistent.

Best laps have a low speed of around 111-112 going up the hill.

When I one stopped online I had to slow down to 100 toward the end of the stint with my right front tire a 3. :lol:

Back