GTP_WRS Week 48 : Super Mario's Alpine Hillclimb

• Thread starter MadMax
  • 179 comments
I remembered the track w the S/F line where the jump is before the hairpin (normal, not reverse) but now it's as you come out of the "S" by the village right before the fast right-left that leads to the tunnel (reverse)
it doesn't really make any difference, does it?

I remembered the track w the S/F line where the jump is before the hairpin (normal, not reverse) but now it's as you come out of the "S" by the village right before the fast right-left that leads to the tunnel (reverse)
it doesn't really make any difference, does it?
It doesn't make a difference for the time trial, but it does for the race because of the hill.

Been a little quicker through the 2nd sector but I twitched just right somewhere along the way on the 3rd on this one.

Does this work or do we have to buy from dealership?

I tried the reset method but that didn't work ( Fetchy rejected my submission as previously mentioned).

@mickyevs If you are still having problems I suggest you verify the criteria for the time trail. (no abs, cm tires, oil change, etc) Sorry I can't be more help but I am new around here.

I've submitted my lap to Fetchy but I don't get any replay. Why could it be? If anyone can help me I'll very much appreciate it..thx

new attempt

T1: 12.397
T2: 35.447

These are slower sector times than my last attempt but it was a faster lap overall.

A question for you, do I have to wait till I get my division rank before filling in the 3D3 entry form.

new attempt

T1: 12.397
T2: 35.447

These are slower sector times than my last attempt but it was a faster lap overall.

A question for you, do I have to wait till I get my division rank before filling in the 3D3 entry form.
No.You don't need to wait.

@mickyevs If you are still having problems I suggest you verify the criteria for the time trail. (no abs, cm tires, oil change, etc) Sorry I can't be more help but I am new around here.

Yeah, did all that by resetting all suspension etc to original settings. My current car (bought or won many months ago) now has NO ABS, CM TYRES and has been given an OIL CHANGE.
Guess I'll just buy a "new" one.
Thanks @RuddRacer 👍

Just tried this last night. I never drive with ABS 0, so this is a learning experience--though all I've learned so far is to lift and coast through most of the turns.:lol:

Only use the brake in three spots, maybe four.
  1. coming out of the tunnel
  2. at the end of S2
  3. and once in S3.
Current splits

For the purpose of "sounding out" gear changes, there's not a thing wrong with the game's sound. Iow. don't mind the tacho.

How have I missed that this is a non abs event. I always have it set to 1.
Guess I'll give it a go on zero and submit presumably slower splits.

I assume that no abs is actually faster if mastered though? Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

I assume that no abs is actually faster if mastered though? Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.
If both threshhold braking and a sense of proper brake balance is mastered, then no ABS would be faster.

As for the shift point for this week, 4700 rpm seems to work for me quite well.

3 ms faster with

Forgot to do the update when I was busy with other stuff, which dug into my tt time.

I put my splits here but I can't submit my lap, I don't get any response from bot..

After ten laps with no abs and found 6 tenths At the line..lost a heap in sector two though, so these splits aren't better on the board.
Must Master no abs it seems. It is more challenging but I can feel where can find time

I put my splits here but I can't submit my lap, I don't get any response from bot..
Next time you submit a lap add a moderator to the conversation, they might be able to see what's wrong.

Got a good 1st sector (+7 ms on pb) and maybe the second too, very welcome at this point. About 400 km in.

That left out the tunnel confuses me, there has to be something I have not even tried yet.

Back