GTP_WRS Week 50 : Official Results

• Thread starter Vaxen
  • 89 comments
My replay for checking.

Close moment with the wall just before the end of T2 but checked it many times and should be all ok :)

Attachments

• GT5_WRS_Week_50_GTP_Davegeorge.zip
    283.8 KB · Views: 7
Here's my replay.

Matt, thats a nice set of laps there.

Now to go watch Chuk's replay.

Attachments

• Week 50 NTSC.zip
    283.7 KB · Views: 6
My Replay Week 50. Congrats Mike, Al!

Attachments

• RaceRyder Week 50 NTSC BCUS98114-RPL011.zip
    286.7 KB · Views: 6
3---1'36.999---GTP_Vagabond
user118395pic1573412914.gif

2---1'37.328---GTP_Insatiable

Two good, easy to check, laps. 👍
Specs and times correct.

Chris, one weird thing about your replay file is that it shows another image than all the others.
Your replays carry this picture.
icon0er.png

While everyone elses is this one.
icon0yl.png

I've been testing for hours. I still don't know how I did it. It hasn't mattered whether SRF is on or off, my best t1's are low .8xx. My t2's keep me at 57,6xx, and no further. It's hard to break 57.8.xx.
wtf.gif

I've watched that replay for hours, turning into days. For the first two sectors, it's perfect. You just can't do it any better! Whether it was skill or pure dumb luck, I don't know. I just know that I did it!
dancing-1.gif

My first reaction when I set that lap was "Something's gotta be wrong! I'm not that fast!" And then when I lost the race by a tenth, it seemed to make sense. I won two out of three sectors, but Wes and Twissy still beat me by three tenths in one sector alone!
bump.gif

What I do know is that I FELT fast that morning. The foam pads made me feel invincible! Subtle touches were suffficient, and I kept going faster! The ghost became a joke.
slapping.gif

I didn't realize how fast, until I topped the leaderboard! :eek:

Then I became nervous. I'm still nervous! How did that happen? I only drove for 30-35 hours! :sly:

To be blunt, that lap scares me. I have to live up to it, and truth be told, I don't feel I'm ready. :nervous:
I was just a racing junkie out to get a cheap high, then I turned that lap! :ill:

And I am very proud of that lap, mind you. I just wish I knew how i did it!!!
Thinking.gif

Racing On! :cheers:

:gtpflag:

3---1'37.439---GTPcats_pajamas

As close as it could get here in this turn.

specialstageroute51w.jpg

specialstageroute52c.jpg

1---1'37.907---GTP_MilleRSVR

2---1'38.817---GTP_RaceRyder

3---1'38.854---GTP_Allibubba99

Chris, one weird thing about your replay file is that it shows another image than all the others.
Your replays carry this picture....

Haha yeah, I like messing with images - I've modded games (like the Elderscrolls series) for many years and am in the habit of editing anything I can. I just fancied a unique icon for my replay files. Pointless but it entertains me :dopey:

Thanks for checking Christophe 👍

Chuk - everyone should have a magic lap at least once. :) I have no idea how you did it either but I can't watch your replay. With SRF on though, I can do a 1'36.3xx pretty easily - it makes a huge difference. I'm not saying you used SRF but you should be able to feel the difference while testing, particularly when the tyres are warmed up. Great result anyway mate - repaired some of the damage to your handicap from a few weeks back :cheers:

3---1'37.439---GTPcats_pajamas

As close as it could get here in this turn.

specialstageroute51w.jpg

specialstageroute52c.jpg

1---1'37.907---GTP_MilleRSVR

2---1'38.817---GTP_RaceRyder

3---1'38.854---GTP_Allibubba99

I thought this turn was asked about in the discussion thread and it was deemed ok?

Haha yeah, I like messing with images - I've modded games (like the Elderscrolls series) for many years and am in the habit of editing anything I can. I just fancied a unique icon for my replay files. Pointless but it entertains me :dopey:

So you can just make any .png image to be integrated in that file? (i.e. avatars ;))
With the right size and name of course.

Edit:
I thought this turn was asked about in the discussion thread and it was deemed ok?
My bad, it's more than clean.
Mounting those is Ok.

I've been treating those mini curbs as legal, as long as you don't hit the barrier. The bigger curbs, that Al posted about (in turn 3) are different, in that they can't be driven on.

Last edited:
Not sure how you did it though, working some of your magic here.:lol:

Marc and me exchanged PAL and NTSC copies of GT5, so we both are now, like Marc said, bi-checkual. ;) :lol:

Thanks for checking my replay Speedy. That corner was a topic of discussion earlier this week.

I give up, an hour and a half i've spent on the damn thing now. I've got to the zipped file bit on the pc but where the hell does that go? Now what.

Give me a an eaton twin and some blind reversing over this computer guff anytime. Poxy things make me feel thick.

If someone can shed some light on it ta i'm useless with these things, otherwise its the end of my GTP career.

Last edited:
Congratulations to all, particularly MilleRSVR and Lou8ball for the D3 podium. Apologies to Teecro for pipping you to the podium at the last minute. I found about half a second in T3 in the last half hour.

I'll post my replay in the next couple of days.

I give up, an hour and a half i've spent on the damn thing now. I've got to the zipped file bit on the pc but where the hell does that go? Now what.

Give me a an eaton twin and some blind reversing over this computer guff anytime. Poxy things make me feel thick.

Take 'Go advanced' in your new post.
You will come up on this screen.
From there you can add an attachment.

attachmentnp.jpg

Er thats it I think,thanks speedy. Best part of 1 and a half hours on a naffing file.

Well done to everybody. I didn't get the hammering i expected to.

Attachments

• PS3.zip
    684.1 KB · Views: 11
Give me a an eaton twin and some blind reversing over this computer guff anytime.

:lol: You can't mean that? The twin splitter is akin to a medieval torture device. Companies I've worked for threaten you with one if you have a bump or miss a delivery slot twice. :P

Congrats to the winners and podium finishers of this week.👍

5---1'37.794---GTP_Davegeorge

14--1'39.605---GTP_v8power

When I saw the size of the file you posted veightpower, I first thought you posted the wrong replay but it was the right replay + your savefile. Next time only put the replay folder in the zip file.

Congrats to the winners and podium finishers of this week.👍

5---1'37.794---GTP_Davegeorge

14--1'39.605---GTP_v8power

When I saw the size of the file you posted veightpower, I first thought you posted the wrong replay but it was the right replay + your savefile. Next time only put the replay folder in the zip file.

Sorry about that, not exactly an IT master.

:lol: You can't mean that? The twin splitter is akin to a medieval torture device. Companies I've worked for threaten you with one if you have a bump or miss a delivery slot twice. :P

Gives you some idea of my hatred of going off piste with computers. And i honestly don't mind the TS, there are worse boxes. The early eps that took neutral downhill were low on my popularity list.

Gives you some idea of my hatred of going off piste with computers. And i honestly don't mind the TS, there are worse boxes. The early eps that took neutral downhill were low on my popularity list.

Indeed... :) Ever try the early Iveco Cursor semi-auto? Good fun trying to slowly reverse one up a slight incline.

Congratulation to all who didn´t give up on the banging :cheers:

Becoming a habit, but insane times from Wes and Twissy :crazy: well done

Also to my mate Chris, nice way to keeping way for some weeks :sly:

But i think this will be called from years from now as the "foam week" :dopey:

Chuck, even if you didn´t win the week, you made it unforgetable :cheers:

Also a word to Matt, that wheel is becoming dangerous :scared:

To many names to say, so well done to everybody 👍

2---1'38.098---GTP_Lou8ball

Driving on the podium 3 times with D2 lap times on your first three WRS weeks. 👍
You're definitely in the wrong division.

First week at the WRS, here's the requested replay. It was sloppy but fun.

Attachments

• GTP_DumpyWRS_week_50_replay.zip
    291.3 KB · Views: 6
viper84
2---1'38.098---GTP_Lou8ball

Driving on the podium 3 times with D2 lap times on your first three WRS weeks. 👍
You're definitely in the wrong division.

Cheers Viper.
Yeah I've been bitten by the wrs bug lol, been spending probably about 1 and a half hours a day on the time trials looking for tenths and trying to get faster.
Hopefully its not just the whole Shakespeare, monkeys, typewriters thing lol.

Can honestly say though, that the last 3 weeks on gt have probably been the most addictive and enjoyable for a long time.

Cheers

Louis

Congrats to all for the amazing week!
I wish i had more time and luck to spend, i dont think it is a bad start anyway.:sly:

find attached my lap, i hope it gets the stewards approval :)

Attachments

• BCES00569-RPL001.rar
    286.6 KB · Views: 7
Here's my PAL replay. There's a close call on turn 2. Was worried until I remembered all surfaces are track.

Cheers

Stephen

Attachments

• WRS GTP_the_wilco Week 50 PAL.zip
    286.9 KB · Views: 8
Back