GTP_WRS Week 74 : Official Results

• Thread starter Vaxen
  • 79 comments
Congrats to EVERYONE who submitted, this event was a nightmare....... :crazy:

My replay's attached.

I'm really surprised at the lack of division 4 entries this week. There's nothing to be ashamed of guys.
Anyway, congrats to all who did enter. Personally I found the F40 really fun to rag round the track and i'm really proud of my time, I gave it everything and luckily managed to do a dream lap where everything went right.

Edit: it's a PAL replay.

Attachments

• GTP_tc76 Week 74 replay.zip
    137.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I'm hoping someone puts up a video, none of the replay laps available were pertinent to a 700pp F40...all had S2's and low final drives....

I rarely completed a lap all week as my T1's were never even close to competitive.....

I am quite surprised that we have a lot of PAL players and so little few NTSC players :(

I am quite surprised that we have a lot of PAL players and so little few NTSC players :(

We have quite a few players from the NTSC region, but with the region lock on most of the past online events, most of us at least have PAL copies.

I tend to use whichever one is in the console at the time, so I ended up with NTSC this week. I try to mix it up, so different people can view my replays. (Not that mine are all that desirable. :sly: )

Oh gotcha, I still wonder why we aren't allowed to view PAL replays when posted on here. But yet, were allowed to download and watch replays from racers around the globe.

Oh gotcha, I still wonder why we aren't allowed to view PAL replays when posted on here. But yet, were allowed to download and watch replays from racers around the globe.

Yeah, the replays that are uploaded automatically to the online leaderboards are somehow converted into a universal format, that works with all regions and game formats (BluRay or Download, PAL, NTSC, NTSC-J).

Agree completely, if PD/Sony had their act together, we wouldn't have to worry about such things. But they are worried about marketing to the masses and their own forms of competition, not making it easier for our competition to share replays.

Well done gents. We obviously have some very talented tuners here as I used my own setup and thought I did ok as I don’t use a lot of toe but I believe that if you had a good setup you are fast.

I need to befriend a tuner.

Attachments

• Week 74.zip
    120.6 KB · Views: 7
For replays that are green and clean:

This is the flag
gflagjn4.gif

{IMG]http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/994/gflagjn4.gif[/IMG]

replace { for [

:cheers:

Well done gents. We obviously have some very talented tuners here as I used my own setup and thought I did ok as I don’t use a lot of toe but I believe that if you had a good setup you are fast.

I need to befriend a tuner.

There were at least 3 tunes posted in the thread... ;) 👍

I too am a bit gutted not to have put in a better time. I would like to thank a couple of friends for helping me out though, I probably would have been slower if it wasn't for them (you know who you are :sly:) I don't think spending half the week walking around the Lakeland fells helped me much :dunce:

A big congrats to all participants. It must be hard to find an event that pleases everyone and I'm aware of some people who were reluctant to have a go on this one because of it's nature and the Div.1 Platinum invasion :lol:

👍
D.

EDK
(Not that mine are all that desirable. :sly: )

I remember your 512BB replay at 550PP on S3s, there was a hell of a lot people could learn from some of your technique. Given the time that someone like me has put into GT5P over the last year, you'd be even better 👍

All the best
Maz

The lap is amazing... but the outfit is something even more spectacular.

PMSL Rudi :bowdown:

This is the flag
gflagjn4.gif

replace { for [

Does this mean that if one views a replay, you can only use this green flag to denote that the lap is clean.
Phillip.

:tup:Thanks for the video's Rudi....👍

Amazing to see how Ramon uses the 'downshift one gear too far' technique to his advantage...I think i never seen anyone use it so efficiently...👍👍👍

Great lap from you aswell Rudi!!!...:)

spy.

Does this mean that if one views a replay, you can only use this green flag to denote that the lap is clean.
Phillip.

Absolutly not,you are not obliged to use the flag to denote that the lap is clean.

I only supplied the flag as gadget,trying to be helpfull.....

Thanks Rudi, I will study these intently.... :bowdown:

Looks like my 2'04.735 would have been on the board..... :dunce:

This is the flag
gflagjn4.gif

replace { for [

Can I request you guys make that part of every result thread that you start up? Would make it alot easier to find and use as we review replays.

I tried to get Jordan to make it one of the smileys but that didn't go over so well. :)

Here is my replay! I'll check out some others soon now. I sure need to! :dopey:

Figured I'd start with the only other D4 driver to submit this week.

tc76 is podium certified!
gflagjn4.gif

One more note: I tried, but couldn't get GTP_Shigegaki replay to work for me. Sorry!

Attachments

• PS3.rar
    116.6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Yeah, for some reason people with the bluray copy can't view my downloaded version of GT5P. Tomorrow I will go to Gamestop and pick up a used copy. But no one that has a downloaded copy of NTSC to view and confirm my time :( ?

Back