GTP_WRS Week 74 : Official Results

• Thread starter Vaxen
  • 79 comments
Absolutly not,you are not obliged to use the flag to denote that the lap is clean.

I only supplied the flag as gadget,trying to be helpfull.....

As I’m a little forum illiterate when it comes to inserting icons and the like into post’s, could you be just as helpful explaining how to insert the green flag into the post when a replay has be verified clean.

Or if possible a link to the flag on the results page as Linpark has pointed out. We all try to follow the etiquette as close as possible which is good for GTP, but unfortunately I’m just plain dumb.

If it’s nice and easy like using this one 👍 I will certainly use it.

Thanks for your help Sjaak

Phillip.

As I’m a little forum illiterate when it comes to inserting icons and the like into post’s, could you be just as helpful explaining how to insert the green flag into the post when a replay has be verified clean.

To insert the flag, click on the "insert image" button (looks like a screen with a + sign on the bottom right. Then add that link in the box that will appear. Like so
gflagjn4.gif

Just remember to change the { to a [
{IMG]http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/994/gflagjn4.gif[/IMG]

Congrats to Ramon for winning this week.
Well done to all who participated and especially to all the podium placers.
I never got comfortable and fast with the car but, oh well.

To insert the flag, click on the "insert image" button (looks like a screen with a + sign on the bottom right. Then add that link in the box that will appear. Like so
gflagjn4.gif

All you need to do is find a green flag in a post, use the quote button and copy/paste the code (text).
I go to the OP in the results thread and use the quote button to open said post and copy paste the same

Yeah, for some reason people with the bluray copy can't view my downloaded version of GT5P. Tomorrow I will go to Gamestop and pick up a used copy. But no one that has a downloaded copy of NTSC to view and confirm my time :( ?

Ah! So that's it. Was wondering,

Thanks

jwb

Yeah, for some reason people with the bluray copy can't view my downloaded version of GT5P. Tomorrow I will go to Gamestop and pick up a used copy. But no one that has a downloaded copy of NTSC to view and confirm my time :( ?

I would hate to see a red flag here & I claim a Div. victory due to a tech. error:ouch:

gflagjn4.gif

Congrats to Ramon for winning this week.
Well done to all who participated and especially to all the podium placers.
I never got comfortable and fast with the car but, oh well.

All you need to do is find a green flag in a post, use the quote button and copy/paste the code (text).
I go to the OP in the results thread and use the quote button to open said post and copy paste the same code to my post.[/QUOTE]

I'm a bit slow like my driving, I'll get it in the end thanks CT, 01gtp.

Phillip. [IMG]http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/994/gflagjn4.gif

I would hate to see a red flag here & I claim a Div. victory due to a tech. error:ouch:

No DQ for running a download or JP game format. There are people on the forums we can reach out to and ask to have them checked. I prefer to keep the replay checks to actual race participants, so I'm not pressing that.

I've already had a PM exchange with Shigegaki, and he's planning to pick up a BluRay version used, to be able to view others' replays, and have his checked by participants. 👍

Haha :nervous:

EDIT:

Just picked up a used bluray copy. So this won't be a issue in the future for my entries.

Last edited:
I haven't been requested , but I'm happy to present my replay.
Hard luck oskierox.

Attachments

• WRS Week 74 GTP_zed300.zip
    116.3 KB · Views: 7
Well, I'd say I'm content with this lap. Pleased? Not quite. If you're interested in checking out my lap, lets just say that I had an interesting interpretation of how 130R is supposed to go... Definitely not the quickest way around but I just wasn't able to put together one more clean lap in the last few days and so I had to submit with this lap.. Overall, great first WRS experience and I'm looking forward to more! Thanks again to all the people who posted their tunes, it is much appreciated!

The Cheef

Attachments

• PS3.zip
    115.8 KB · Views: 7
I watched some replays last night.
This first one is a required replay.
2'04.894---GTP_accessraider
gflagjn4.gif

Correct specs and clean.
It looks to me as you have a certain amount of smoke coming off your tires that you are comfortable with.
I think it may be too much, but I'm certainly not an expert on that.
I'll say your lap was, smoking. 👍

The next two were provided but not required.

2'03.135---GTP_Egghead
gflagjn4.gif

Very nice lap, impressive driving skill.

2'03.115-GTP_TheCheef
gflagjn4.gif

Yes, 130 R was...:crazy:
I am very surprised that your time is so close to Eggheads as the driving was very different, not as smooth as Egg's.
The 2 replays couldn't be any different and so close on lap time.
Don't take it the wrong way, I don't want to be sound demeaning.
As your time is well ahead of mine I probably shouldn't comment on your driving, but that is what a community should do in helping others improve.
And again, welcome to the WRS on your first week here guys (I think), keep 'um coming.

This first one is a required replay.
2'04.894---GTP_accessraider
gflagjn4.gif

Correct specs and clean.
It looks to me as you have a certain amount of smoke coming off your tires that you are comfortable with.
I think it may be too much, but I'm certainly not an expert on that.
I'll say your lap was, smoking. 👍

The next two were provided but not required.

2'03.135---GTP_Egghead
gflagjn4.gif

2'03.115-GTP_TheCheef
gflagjn4.gif

I am very surprised that your time is so close to Eggheads as the driving was very different, not as smooth as Egg's.
As your time is well ahead of mine I probably shouldn't comment on your driving, but that is what a community should do in helping others improve.
And again, welcome to the WRS on your first week here guys (I think), keep 'um coming.

Thanks for checking!👍👍

Sorry for the delay, my replay is below. Suprised to be on the podium this week, didn't think my time was good enough to be honest.

Attachments

• GTP_Mav3r1cK WRS Week 74.zip
    114 KB · Views: 7

2'03.135---GTP_Egghead
gflagjn4.gif

2'03.115-GTP_TheCheef
gflagjn4.gif

Thanks for the kind words. Smooth is generally faster, so that's what I aim for. It's certainly easier to be consistent anyways.
It's not my first WRS, but I haven't participated in quite a while.

Back