Have you hacked your GT5 game save data? [Private Poll]

Have you ever altered your GT5 game save file outside of the game?

• Yes

Votes: 86 42.4%
  • No

Votes: 117 57.6%

• Total voters

Chrunch Houston

Probably should be called Chrunch Louisville
Premium
United States
Kentucky
Chrunch_Houston
Have you altered your game save file outside of the game?

If you have only received hacked cars or parts as gifts, vote no.

Last edited:
Seeing as you've made this poll public, many who do hack their game saves will probably not want to vote lest PD sees it & bans them, & this will obviously skew the results.

Honestly don't see the point in this, besides publicitly harassing people as evil hackers, since you're one of the biggest hack cheat IT'S SO EVIL!!!! opposers around here.

But yeah, I did.

VBR
Seeing as you've made this poll public, many who do hack their game saves will probably not want to vote lest PD sees it & bans them, & this will obviously skew the results.

Honestly don't see the point in this, besides publicitly harassing people as evil hackers, since you're one of the biggest hack cheat IT'S SO EVIL!!!! opposers around here.

But yeah, I did.

Agreed:tup: I'm bad, I'm evil, I'm going to hell, blah blah blah. Same as the everything else in the world, blame the man/woman holding the instrument of destruction, not the instrument itself. PD can fix this with 30 seconds of programming and a routine update but they choose not to. The blame for the carnage caused by this in Open Lobbies and TT's lies almost entirely with them. It's their duty to protect the players if they can do so in a reasonably cost effective manner and they can. They don't. Get over it.

Is this serious or just another way to troll and try to stir trouble within the forum community?
Complete waste of time, likely to incite arguments and end with the thread/poll being locked.

👎

Yes, I have. Do you have a problem with how I choose to play the game in which I spent my own money on? Judging from your comments in the other thread that got locked, this is just a way for you to again play the "holier than thou" role and chastise those of us who choose to do with the game what you don't approve of.

I have not altered anything within my save file on GT5, if only because I know I'm incompetent when it comes to things like that - I'm sure I'd mess something up if I attempted to do so (therefore ruining all the work I've put into GT5.)

I have hybrid cars that I've made. I only use my powers for good though. I would NEVER try to cheat in a time trial or online race.

I have used the borrow glitch app a couple times. With this thread and the way you like to chastise those that do "hack" or rather Hybrid I have a feeling your asking to be banned or at the very least be given a warning.

I am not interested in a fight here, just a number.

This poll doesn’t quite hit the mark. I am sure that there are a lot of people that have and enjoy hacked cars, but have never actually hacked themselves.

The hacking community around here seems to be very vocal, I am just curious to see how many large or small of a minority or majority they actually are.

VBR

You have a valid point. I made this pole public because the other poll was public, but it is just an opinion poll. Perhaps Johnnypenso, or someone else would like to pose the same question with a private poll. I can see from some of the posts here that I am not very well like by the hackers.

This poll doesn’t quite hit the mark. I am sure that there are a lot of people that have and enjoy hacked cars, but have never actually hacked themselves.

The hacking community around here seems to be very vocal, I am just curious to see how many large or small of a minority or majority they actually are.

You have a valid point. I made this pole public because the other poll was public, but it is just an opinion poll. Perhaps Johnnypenso, or someone else would like to pose the same question with a private poll. I can see from some of the posts here that I am not very well like by the hackers.

Polls on GTP are pretty useless. Most of them are so poorly worded they are almost meaningless. It's a captive audience not a random selection and people will tend to participate in polls that they have some interest in one way or the other. It really tells you nothing about the community at large, the vast majority of which probably know nothing about hybriding.

This is not a public opinion poll,this is you trying to make your point.Enough already,PD doesn't seem to have a problem with it.I don't hack or hybrid some do and some don't,go worry about drunk drivers or people shooting someone,or better yet put the game back in the case,it's a freaking video game dude!What part of Cargo Rats " I don't enter online lobbies or time trials" didn't you understand?Stop taking pokes at people like Johnny and others and grow up!

VBR

You have a valid point.

Many like myself will not be voting. I create hybrids for personal use and fun, but I don't use hybrids online, neither do the vast majority of 'hackers' on my friends list, so your figures will pretty much be void.
If you're genuinely interested in how much of the GTP community is hacking cars then I suggest you read through the hybrid threads and do the maths.

I will occasionally bring out a hybrid or two in an online lobby, but they are REALISTIC hybrids. I don't bring out the ridiculous, nor do I have any, cars with 3000hp engines.
I will usually take an older car and drop an engine in it that it originally came with. For example, the Corvette Convertible '69 in the game has the 350 cu in small block, sometimes I will drop a 427 cu in big block in it to make it a COPO Corvette. That's a good example of a realistic hybrid.

^COPO stands for Central Office Production Order. It's a way buyer's(usually dealers) could get cars with parts or features not normally available, I.E. a ZL1 427 in a Camaro. Corvette's were ZL1 option code L88, thus they were offered that way with out a special order. Now not to say Corvette's did not get ordered through the COPO process. It has been recorded that they were but the large majority of them were just Color or interior options. And, yes COPO is in operation now.

Last edited:
Though it may sound intriguing, no I have not nor never will. I ain't got the time or the energy to be messing around with the saved data. To me, it seems unreasonable to be hacking data. And for what, paint unpaintable cars, give them high amounts of horsepower? I'd rather leave that mess to the people that can't win at all because they think there too slow. This doesn't count towards the people who have hacked their data, but have not used them online.

^COPO stands for Central Office Production Order. It's a way buyer's(usually dealers) could get cars with parts or features not normally available, I.E. a ZL1 427 in a Camaro. Corvette's were ZL1 option code L88, thus they were offered that way with out a special order. Now not to say Corvette's did not get ordered through the COPO process. It has been recorded that they were but the large majority of them were just Color or interior options. And, yes COPO is in operation now.

Yeah, I forgot that the 427s came in Corvettes without the COPO option. My bad!

Though it may sound intriguing, no I have not nor never will. I ain't got the time or the energy to be messing around with the saved data. To me, it seems unreasonable to be hacking data. And for what, paint unpaintable cars, give them high amounts of horsepower? I'd rather leave that mess to the people that can't win at all because they think there too slow. This doesn't count towards the people who have hacked their data, but have not used them online.

Dude, you don't know the first thing about hybriding do you? That's 1% of hybriding.

SilverFire

Please go on about your knowledge about hybriding.

Johnnypenso
Dude, you don't know the first thing about hybriding do you? That's 1% of hybriding.

This 100%.

Still amazes me how people assume that. Just shows how much people actually know what they are talking about.

I am honest, I have
- a 1100 hp Corvette C3 Converible with ZR1 C6 parts
- a stanced EK Civic
- a Samba Bus with W12 engine and 5G transmission
- a 5G X1

I'd rather leave that mess to the people that can't win at all because they think there too slow.

Keep telling yourself that. Over 90% of the ridiculously-high HP cars are psuedo topfuel dragsters -- they can't make any decent turn without crashing (and burning if the game allowed it). The rest that can turn are X2010/X2011-based.

Unless, of course, you're those people who can't turn themselves and have to resort to only playing Route X or worse, actually lose to these topfuel dragsters on a track with actual corners. Then your argument would be valid, but I would also pity you.

The entire hybriding community started out with ridiculous-HP cars. It is only halfway through that some people (like me and my friends) turned to realistic modding. Of course some latecomers joined because of realistic-modding, but you get my point.

It's hard to judge the ratios since 999mph cars are too obvious and realistic mods are often unnotable, but it's clearly more than 1%. And for painting the unpaintables (which you decided to bold for some reason) the ratio is even higher.

Umm change the poll dude, you've kinda ruined it before it begins, as its public *looks up* ok people have already said that.

More to the point, if PD are smart (it's debatable circumstancially I'd say), they'd look at why people did hack their accounts (more tuning, more parts, engine swaps, ect), and try to implement as many of these things as reasonably possible as they could, and one hopes they do, the account hacking must've had benefits.

Then here, let me just state what I think about hybriding since "I don't much". I don't give a 🤬 about it. That should cover the other 99% I supposedly don't know.

Edit: Only thing I'm getting at is, why would I hack my data? I haven't seen anything good come out of it yet.

Last edited:
I haven't altered my save data nor do I intend to. However I do respect those that have done who know what they're doing and can bring new ideas to the table.

My attitude to the realistic mods has softened but I dispise the cheaters with 5 million hp X10 engined Bluebirds that cheat TTs.

It's hard to judge the ratios since 999mph cars are too obvious and realistic mods are often unnotable, but it's clearly more than 1%. And for painting the unpaintables (which you decided to bold for some reason) the ratio is even higher.

It's hard to judge but it's clearly more than 1%
. No .... it isn't clearly anything. You have no idea how many people are realistic modding at all. I run across guys silently running engine and tranny swaps all the time and I"m the only one that notices. You have no clue about what you're talking about, all you know about is a couple of excess HP cars and you go around generalizing that to the entire community. Wrong.

Then here, let me just state what I think about hybriding since "I don't much". I don't give a 🤬 about it. That should cover the other 99% I supposedly don't know.

Edit: Only thing I'm getting at is, why would I hack my data? I haven't seen anything good come out of it yet.

You haven't seen anything good come of it means you knew nothing about it, end of story.

Last edited:
You haven't seen anything good come of it means you knew nothing about it, end of story.

Really? If I knew nothing, then how come I could recall about repainting unpaintable cars or giving them high hp. Appearently, I know something about it.

Last edited:
Back