Have you hacked your GT5 game save data? [Private Poll]

Have you ever altered your GT5 game save file outside of the game?

• Yes

Votes: 86 42.4%
  • No

Votes: 117 57.6%

• Total voters
Dude, you don't know the first thing about hybriding do you? That's 1% of hybriding.
Really? If I knew nothing, then how come I could recall about repainting unpaintable cars or giving them high hp. Appearently, I know something about it.

If you were a little older, and had some mechanical interest and/or experience with cars instead of an interest in My Little Pony you would seriously consider modding your car in real life, upgrading the filters, clutch assembly, exhaust system and brakes etc. <<< THIS is still only a part of what the hybrid programs have done.
When you DO get your drivers license maybe you'll understand.

If you were a little older, and had some mechanical interest and/or experience with cars instead of an interest in My Little Pony you would seriously consider modding your car in real life, upgrading the filters, clutch assembly, exhaust system and brakes etc. <<< THIS is still only a part of what the hybrid programs have done.

Holy unnecessary attack Batman! I'm not sure what age, drivers licence, or television programs have with this conversation, but I have an opinion about the hybrid program, I don't have a vested interest in modding my car in real life and I do have my licence. I haven't really seen any value out of the hacking either. Do you get more pride out of hacking a game than modding real cars? Is that what you're getting at?

I haven't really seen any value out of the hacking either. Do you get more pride out of hacking a game than modding real cars? Is that what you're getting at?

Not really pride, it's more to do with ideas and real life conversions that you could do yourself if you had the time and money.
I have restored and modified several older cars here in the UK, (started with a 2.0 pinto in a 1982 mini when I was 16) but I've never had the opportunity to modify a RX-7 or a Camaro. The hybrid programs gave me that opportunity, to create realistic modded cars, and it was fun while it lasted.

Ok, all of my older posts aside. If he would of told me this, then I would of understood a little better in the first place. And yes, though I've never got into hybriding, I've thought about doing this in real life, maybe not now, but later. I don't care if this ordeal has made me look stupid and all. Being on the losing side never phases me.

SilverFire
Ok, all of my older posts aside. If he would of told me this, then I would of understood a little better in the first place. And yes, though I've never got into hybriding, I've thought about doing this in real life, maybe not now, but later. I don't care if this ordeal has made me look stupid and all. Being on the losing side never phases me.

Didn't make you look stupid. It's not your fault you haven't been shown the whole aspect of hybriding.

Usually when people who have little to no knowledge on the subject finally hear both sides, they understand.

Umm change the poll dude, you've kinda ruined it before it begins, as its public *looks up* ok people have already said that.

Lol, I understrand. Lots of things don't like to be seen in the light of day.

If any Moderator has the ability to change the poll to private without loosing the count so far, I would be grateful.

Never have modded in my life :dunce: .. But oddly enough I voted yes ..

Hell yes I did. I even took them to open lobbies with the purpose of racing. Ohhh I'm bad. Except I only made uncompetitive cars more competitive and generally would tell people that I had just used a modded car. The host would say it's cool as long as they are fair or they would say please no hybrids. If they said no I went into a legit car. It was all good. No harm done. I was just winning with a car that had a wider wheel base no wing and a meaner engine sound. Was fun. Now that's over, which I am fine with also because now cheating accusations are gone..

These hybrids demonstrate just how easy it is for PD to make this a real feature in the game. Why they didn't add it in an update is just silly.

These hybrids demonstrate just how easy it is for PD to make this a real feature in the game. Why they didn't add it in an update is just silly.

And THIS is my real beef with the whole debacle. GT needs a game changer. The last evolution of this game was the PP system. Secondly, the situation has been handled TERRIBLY. Update to remove the exploit, that's fine, but take note of what is happening and see if the greater community can benefit from a feature update.

Could everyone have used a little more adjust-ability as part of one of these updates? Yes. Maybe a little more grip to some of the underwhelming cars, or a little less from the dominant ones?

Last edited:

They would have to take time off of GT6 to put it fully in the game. Which is probably not worth their time considering they're hidden parts for a reason.

Hell yes I did. I even took them to open lobbies with the purpose of racing. Ohhh I'm bad. Except I only made uncompetitive cars more competitive and generally would tell people that I had just used a modded car. The host would say it's cool as long as they are fair or they would say please no hybrids. If they said no I went into a legit car. It was all good. No harm done. I was just winning with a car that had a wider wheel base no wing and a meaner engine sound. Was fun. Now that's over, which I am fine with also because now cheating accusations are gone..

So you used a hacked car against presumably unhacked cars, and was winning? I'll just let you put 2 and 2 together.

They would have to take time off of GT6 to put it fully in the game. Which is probably not worth their time considering they're hidden parts for a reason.

So you used a hacked car against presumably unhacked cars, and was winning? I'll just let you put 2 and 2 together.

It appears I have to do the math for both of us as you don't seam capable. Yes. I was winning with a hybrid car against regular cars. But my hybrid was not some x1 chassis car. It just looked better, and sounded better. Nothing I made was faster than an NSX type R around the ring. Therefore some non hybrid cars were faster than my hybrids. I win in non hybrid cars a very high percentage of the time. I don't need them to win. It was just fun having a wingless RX7 with a wide wheelbase and a bad ass engine sound that could keep up with a well driven NSX. So that being said, what was your point again?

My L28 TT Devil Z got beaten by legit RX7 at same PP in a drag tunnel, I was on comfort soft and RX7 in sports soft, then we did it again on both comfort soft, he beaten me by half car length, same PP. Not all hybrid are made to cheat, some are slower than the equivalent legit car. My 930 Porsche replica ( using RUF BTR ) is actually slower than a legit RUF BTR with the same PP, as my replica is heavier by almost 200kg to replicate real life car weight and only have 4 gears :D

That you obviously have an advantage over other drivers, whether or not it looked better.

There is a MASSIVE window of possibility with the swaps, which I think everyone has to agree is problematic. However, this has uncovered a lot of little things that could have benefited everyone.

If there was a team doing patches, then there were resources to do any change of the same scope. I improved the pony cars by swapping the 5 speed transmission for a 6 speed. A list of changes like that could have been tackled in a day.

A 70's era racing tranny would have been a 4 speed so no one can say that a 6 speed is any less realistic than the 5 speed in that case. It could even have been as simple as a generic 6 speed added as a prize for seasonals ffs.

JUST SOMETHING!

That you obviously have an advantage over other drivers, whether or not it looked better.

What was my advantage? That they would be distracted by my awesome looking car and crash? The cars weren't any faster than what was available to the non hybrid community. We just gave cars a chance that otherwise never had one.. Sometimes it's nice to drive a vette and keep up with an nsx like real life cars would. My vette wasn't faster than an NSX, but now it could keep up.

What was my advantage?

The wider wheel base and "meaner engine sound." Meaning you swapped out the engine and chassis which gives it different characteristics. These traits could put you at an advantage over other players.

The wider wheel base and "meaner engine sound." Meaning you swapped out the engine and chassis which gives it different characteristics. These traits could put you at an advantage over other players.

Are you slow, or just trolling?

Downhill Dino

Hummm. So basically what you are saying is that just because the person has a engine/chassis swap automatically means that the modifications are going to create a advantage?

Great logic there :rolleyes:.

I mean just because the engine sounds "meaner" does not mean it is anyway more powerful than the previous engine.

This argument always goes nowhere, so let's not have it devolve for like the 80th time. Simple yes/no answers is all the OP asked for.

The time it took PD to track down the hacked code (3 times right?), they could've easily added a menu to make the feature available to all. The "taking time away from GT6" excuse is bupkis.

Hummm. So basically what you are saying is that just because the person has a engine/chassis swap automatically means that the modifications are going to create a advantage?

Great logic there :rolleyes:.

I mean just because the engine sounds "meaner" does not mean it is anyway more powerful than the previous engine.

Well it depends, I swapped a F40 engine into an E90 M3, because I wanted a similar powered turbo motor, and it was a bit glitchy, but it was possible, and it would sometimes think it was a f40, other times an M3, but in the end it looked like an M3 and sounded like an f40, and read f40 power stats. mind you 2.13/2.14 did kill it in the end.

I think the only thing that is bad with all of this stuff is that it can be used to cheat on the online TTs ect, and that's stupid to do that, banning them is a bit extreme I would say, but at the same time there should be some penalty, even as much as discovering who they are and removing them from that specific TT that they cheated on.

Will be interesting to see what happens with GT6, obviously they have some sort of fix for GT5, but if GT6 is running anything similar in terms of engine, save game files, ect, then this might return to be a popular practice, for another week or so anyway.

EDIT: Also remember guys, what I did and how I did it are two different things, I can't talk about how I did it, only that I did and its possible (so theoretically, I could be making it up). Please don't ask how, this is a minor disclaimer/reminder, that anything 'how' related we can't talk about on these forums out of respect for Sony and PD ;).

Nice to see the poll is no longer public. That said, I have not hacked my game save data nor have I or ever received any hacked cars. I wouldn't want to either.

Last edited:
Yes, I have, at last. I only did to unlock the secret menu for the FOV adjustment - something that PD could've themselves easily have made available for the players, but PD is PD; thus logic is scarce.

I've really been enjoying playing GT5 recently, but if the secret menu is gone with the 2.15 update (have yet to update) - the game is dead to me. Hopefully not though.

Back