hot rods, muscle cars, customs...

• Thread starter Cano
  • 6,009 comments
By today's standards maybe, but back in the 60's they weren't slow.
They still aren't all that bad. I mean they aren't slow by any means. It's not a 9 second fire breather by any means but 14.5's in the 1/4 are still pretty quick. I'm happy with that.

They still aren't all that bad. I mean they aren't slow by any means. It's not a 9 second fire breather by any means but 14.5's in the 1/4 are still pretty quick. I'm happy with that.

Low-mid 14's in the 1/4 and 0-60 of 7 seconds or less was pretty good in '65. This car wasn't built for the drag strip either.

I consider anything 7.5 seconds to 60 or lower to be "quick". Anything slower just gets boring, though that depends on the car.

120718-LesLawry_0329.jpg

IMG_8582WM.jpg

chop1.jpg

Swiss_Hot_Rods-001.jpg

garage6t.jpg

garage2.jpg

DSC_0458.JPG

I hate the flames. The ride height doesn't bother me too much, although I'd prefer it a bit higher.

Actually, more than a bit.

I actually read about that exact car a while ago.

Cars like this always make me think about how close the Kustom and lowrider style are to each other.

Yeup. There were, in my opinion, two... maybe three deffinitive steps in making a difference 'tween customs and lowriders in the mid-60s/early-70s: Dayton wire wheels, gold chrome, and years later the murals. Whereas the customs kept on following more "traditional" styling trends.

Exactly. Sometimes I like lowriders but there aren't much that I like. The customs is where it's as. crars with tasty colors, glow, fancy vinyls on it and at times, sweet wheels and car quite low but low enough to make it look good. Depends on the car really.

Yeup. There were, in my opinion, two... maybe three deffinitive steps in making a difference 'tween customs and lowriders in the mid-60s/early-70s: Dayton wire wheels, gold chrome, and years later the murals. Whereas the customs kept on following more "traditional" styling trends.
Fully agree with you there.

Any love for sweet rat rods?

IMG_1653.jpg
22-welderup-cummins-rat-rod-steve-darnell.jpg
429835.jpg
attachment.jpg
47402446601202392815.jpg

Exactly. Sometimes I like lowriders but there aren't much that I like. The customs is where it's as. crars with tasty colors, glow, fancy vinyls on it and at times, sweet wheels and car quite low but low enough to make it look good. Depends on the car really.
Same here even with Lowriders being a HUGE part of the culture here there are not many I like.

I can probably try linking some here if I fin some, but inb4, Cano will diss me for anything that he don't like. lol jking he ain't like that always.

EDIT: Found one. Here goes nothing, since I found it decent enough.
lrmp_1007_02_o%2Bdukes_car_club%2Blowrider.jpg

Holy...
car-show-10.jpg

What car is/was this? I need to know. The color...t-the car...I'm in heaven, holy christ...How can you not like it...

Oh yeah, here we go.
custom022.JPG

custom021.JPG

custom009.JPG

custom032.JPG

custom046.JPG

Last edited:
Back